• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 5 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Did a recent playthrough with this team.

Emboar
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Sawsbuck
Sigilyph
Beartic

It's mostly consist of Pokemon I rarely use. Sawsbuck was a favorite, it was the snow weather variant and was a fairly decent counter against Marlon and Shauntal until Chandelure shows up. Zebstrika is also fast and hits hard but Beartic was even better, it dealt huge damage against Drayden's team although it got OHKO'd by his Haxorus and it did poorly against Iris's Hydreigon lol. Stoutland is surprisingly somewhat tanky thanks to intimidate and Sigilyph hits like a truck against Marshal's fighting types. Emboar, freaking love Emboar but oh man, his Heat Crash isn't that good. I know Gen 5 has a lot of fast Pokemon but it also reminded me there's a lot of heavyweights lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Paul1985 said:
Black: Samurott, Krookodile, Maractus, Unfezant, Cofagrigus and Gothitelle.

I briefly considered using a Maracacchi (Maractus) myself in White 2, but decided against it since I felt that it might not be as good as Dredear (Lilligant) given that Maracacchi doesn't evolve. But then I saw its learnable TM list and was impressed that it can learn moves like Aerial Ace and Poison Jab. So I regret not training one now.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
My Black 2 team consisted of Dewott, Leavanny, Growlithe, Crobat, Metagross, & N's Zoroark (my main reserves being Altaria, Eevee, & Conkeldurr).

I purposely wanted to do an underdog theme by using pokemon that either everyone hated, were unevolved, started off incredibly weak, or were in Smogon's lower tiers at the time (Zoroark being the exception due to story purposes). It was a bit of a challenge using them throughout the game (especially since I played it in challenge mode), but it was a fun experience and I made bunch of lasting memories with them. A few of my favorite moments were when my Sewaddle evolved all the way into Leavanny during the Castelia gym and managed to beat Burgh's, or when my Dewott (who at the time was an Oshawott) was able to survive an Energy Ball from Marlon's Jellicent and won the match with a Torrent-powered Razor Shell.

I then turned the postgame into my own story arc focusing on finding N's pokemon and competing in the Pokémon World Tournament, with my team consisting of Dewott/Samurott, Leavanny, Metagross, Corsola, Charizard, & Regigigas (with Lickilicky as an extra reserve).

Corsola honestly became one of my favorite pokemon during this playthrough. I kind of imagined it being a scrappy little thug who held grudges and picked fights with other pokemon, which made using it a lot more memorable. It didn't win every match, but it really held its own throughout the game. Its best moment was when it took down an Entei at the Battle Tower in Black 2

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I tried a few different teams in Black and White, even though I was still new to the games at the time and has no real idea what I was doing. The most successful team I used was Emboar, Simisage, Gigalith, Seismitoad, Gothitelle and Galvantula in Black, but that team was copied from a let's player I saw on YouTube. I've mentioned this in other posts, but my best memory of Gen V was in Black 2 when my Conkeldurr one-hit KO'd Black Kyurem with Hammer Arm after its Quick Claw activated.

catzeye

Writer's Block
White:
Samurott
Hydreigon
Krookodile
Braviary
Volcarona
Cobalion

White 2:
Excadrill
Chandelure
Vaporeon
Audino
Srafty
Altaria

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
White:

- Serperior
- Stoutland --> Haxorus
- Cofagrigus
- Scrafty
- Carracosta
- Eelektross

Stoutland was swapped out for Haxorus around Victory Road because I felt like it couldn't keep up with the rest of the team in terms of strength. Other than that, it did what it could fairly well before Haxorus showed up.

I'll never forget the moment when Scrafty practically destroyed that dreaded Hydreigon Ghetsis had with a couple Hi-Jump Kicks, thus making what many considered a challenging fight somewhat more manageable.

-----

White 2:

- Emboar
- Tornadus (Therian)
- Genesect
- Krookodile
- Bouffalant
- Beartic

One of the stronger in-game teams I've had over the years. IIRC there was a Genesect event going on around the time of release, and the Tornadus came from Pokémon Dream Radar. I still wanted to try out some of the new Pokémon at the time despite many older ones being added to the game, So Emboar, Krookodile, Bouffalant, and Beartic filled the rest of the slots. It was definitely a fun team to go through the game with.

zolios

I recently finished a Grass Monotype challenge on Pokemon White without ever using any healing items in battle and with the "Set" battle style. It was very challenging at times but also a very fun way to play and make my 10th Gen 5 playthrough still feel fresh and interesting.

My final team was:
- Serperior
- Lilligant
- Leavanny
- Simisage
- Sawsbuck
- Ferrothorn

Some of my favorite moments were when my little unevolved Ferroseed swept Skyla's entire Flying type team thanks to Eviolite+Curse+Gyro Ball or when my Lilligant swept Ghetsis in the final battle of the main story after setting up with Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance against his Cofagrigus. I'm also very happy with the strategy that I used to defeat N's Reshiram despite of being under-leveled in that fight and all of my Pokemon expect for Simisage being slower than the legendary dragon. I basically sacrificed Simisage to lower Reshiram's speed with Rock Tomb and then used Sawsbuck's Substitute to stall out Reshiram's Fusion Flare (it's only Fire type move). After that it wasn't to hard defeating a slow Reshiram without any Fire type moves and the rest of N's team wasn't that hard to beat either. I really love this team because of all of the challenging battles that they've gone through during this challenge and it already became one of my favorite and most memorable teams ever thanks to this great playthrough. I'll definitely be doing more Monotype challenges in the future because I really had a blast with this one.

chozen

Black:

Hydriegon
Serperior
Conkeldurr
Cofagrigus
Excadrill

To this day I don't remember beating the game with this team, and only discovered the save file by accident. I vaguely remember using Hydriegon, Excadrill being way overpowered, and scouting for Cofagrigus after learning of the elite 4 types. No recollection of N, Ghetsis or any parts of the story though.

Black again:

Emboar
Ferrothorn
Seismitoad
Excadrill
Gothitelle**

Ghetsis steamrolled this team multiple times and might have the most accurate focus blast in the history of mankind. Quick story on Gothitelle - around the 7th badge I realized the team was very weak to fighting, so I went out and got Gothorita. Since I was using 4 pokes the entire game they were overleveled and it quickly evolved into Gothitelle with the Exp share. I finally had a mon good against fighting! Then I sent it into battle and realized it was awful. Whenever I used it I felt like an NPC and made the NPC look like the player. So after the elite 4 it was never used again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.