1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 5 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Shockking

Shockking i dont know anymore

I played a ridiculous amount of Black and it was the first game where I learned about EVs, IVs, breeding for shinies (and RNG abuse which helped me get my Pokemon exactly as desired).

I ended up with more than a full team that I cycled for online battles (Random Matchup) and the Battle Subway by the end of the game. They included:

Volcarona
    Galvantula
    Terrakion
    Slowbro
    Scizor
    Gengar
    Politoed (I was so excited to make a rain team but ended up getting bored using exclusively it on Random Matchup online battles)
    Kingdra
    Toxicroak
    Ferrothorn

Lots of great Pokemon for the time. Can't say I was too creative with my choices or movesets, the most unique thing had to be my Focus Sash + Destiny Bond Gengar (not that creative but more than most).

shoz999 likes this.
  2. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

First White Team
    - Emboar
    - Seismitoad
    - Unfezant (male)
    - Leavanny
    - Galvantula
    - Braviary

First White 2 Team
    - Emboar
    - Swanna
    - Lilligant
    - Throh
    - Stoutland
    - Heatmor

First Black Team
    - Serperior
    - Accelgor
    - Swanna
    - Chandelure
    - Krookodile
    - Eelektross

First Black 2 Team
    - Samurott
    - Unfezant (female)
    - Ferrothorn
    - Chandelure
    - Krookodile
    - Garbodor

shoz999 likes this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Here's my team for Pokemon White
    • Emboar(male): At the point, I had never used a Fire type starter so I picked Tepig
    • Krookodile(male): I needed a Pokemon to deal with Electric's one weakness, and Sandile was an early pick. Intimidate was the ability I chose
    • Leavanny(male): Filled the Grass quota. I mainly chose it because it was an early Pokemon that proved effective still
    • Sigilyph(male): An odd Pokemon that I encountered in the desert. It fit the flyer quota, and proved to be pretty good
    • Jellicent(male): Seeing this Pokemon, I knew I wanted it. Specifically the male variant. Add Water Absorb and it was a bulky boi
    • Eelektross(female): I also knew I wanted this Pokemon since its Levitate made it have no weaknesses

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

My inital teams for each set of games.

White
    - Emboar: Favorite starter of the 3.
    - Stoutland: I told myself I would catch the first Pokemon I encountered and it ended up being an Adamant Lillipup.
    - Simisage: It gets given to you and was pretty decent. I don't know it was 8 years ago.
    - Krookodile: Freaking cool Pokemon and stupidly strong.
    - Reuniclus: I liked the design when it was first revealed and wanted one.
    - Vanniluxe: Sue me I like the Ice Cream Pokemon.

White 2
    - Samurott: I wanted to use a different "first" starter and I am not a big fan of Serperior.
    - Lucario: Everyone likes Lucario and getting to use one from the beginning is awesome.
    - Electivire: Very versatile Pokemon you can get early on as well.
    - Braviary: I liked the design but did not like how late you got it in B/W. So of course I seized the opportunity since you catch this monster after only 3 badges.
    - Seviper: I wanted to use something I had never used before and it seemed like something no else would use. Ended up being surprisingly decent.
    - Camerupt: I like having Ground types on my teams and having a Fire type as well was just a bonus. Plus I had never used it prior to this play through.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  5. RedJirachi

Here's my team for Black. Except for the genderless, they ended up as male
    • Samurott: My natural instinct is to use the Water starter. Samurott did not disappoint thanks to its stronk powers and Fighting/Bug moves serving as coverage
    • Durant: While a late game choice, Durant's speed and power proved a deadly combination and it was a lot stronger than I thought the ant would be
    • Sawk: I got this Fighting type early on, and more or less kept it
    • Emolga: This was an in-game trade. Electric/Flying was one of my favorite typings
    • Golurk: Served as the flier, and a power house thanks to Iron Fist
    • Cryogonal: Fit the speedster and Dragon-busting profile, special user

shoz999 likes this.
  6. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

In Black my team was:
    Seperior
    Haxorus
    Chandelure
    Sigalyph
    Simipour
    Scrafty

Actually I have more fond memories of the prerelease. I was gobbling up those Pokéjungle rumors like candy.

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Pokémon White Team:
    Samurott
    Chandelure
    Leavanny
    Reuniclus
    Conkeldurr
    Haxorus

Pokémon White 2 Team:
    Emboar
    Krookodile
    Carracosta
    Vanilluxe
    Beheeyem
    Cofagrigus

Greatest memories:
    Discovering Chandelure, my favourite Pokémon;
    Walking through Unova's cities for the first time, the feeling was fresh;
    How bad I am on Triple Battles.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. RedJirachi

Here are my teams for the sequel games

White 2
    • Serperior(male) Mainly because it was the one Unova starter I hadn't used yet
    • Hydreigon(female): Because of the pre-evolution haircut, I named her Beatles after The Beatles. Late-game, thanks to Hustle and an accuracy-boosting item it made up for taking forever to evolve. So did the beast that was its final form
    • Chandelure(male): Because this is a generally great Pokemon
    • Magnezone: The Sturdy ability finally becomes useful
    • Walrein(female): Thick Fat was a useful ability, I needed a surfer and something to deal with Dragons
    • Reuiniclus(male): I needed a Psychic type
    Black 2
    • Emboar(female): My preferred starter of the three
    • Omastar(male): I decided to use the Dream World, allowing me to use a Pokemon I have never had the opportunity to use but always wanted. I've liked it long before the Lord Helix meme
    • Ferrothorn(male): The ability of Iron Barbs combined with Rocky Helmet is amazing
    • Drifblim(female): A flyer and anti-Psychic type
    • Drapion and Galvantua: Just wanted it

shoz999 likes this.