• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 5 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Simple question! What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen V playthroughs throughout the region of Unova? Any great memories of the Pokemon that you've trained throughout the journey? Any Pokemon that in particular stood out?

PiBLnV6.png

Black is surprised that his team of Pokemon believes in his dreams of becoming the Pokemon Champion, recalling memories of what they've all been through together.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
In Black, my team was:

• Emboar
  • Jellicent (male)
  • Unfezant (female)
  • Mienshao
  • Haxorus
  • Simisage
And in Black 2, I continued in my Black trainer's footsteps with:

• Emboar
  • Jellicent (male)
  • Unfezant (female)
  • Lucario
  • Magnezone
  • Leavanny
I remember the day I first chose Tepig, who would grow into the Emboar I love so much. He easily blitzed through most of the Unova Gyms (with a few exceptions). I also remember catching my Lucario as a Riolu outside the Floccesy Ranch, and she had rather humble beginnings at Cheren's Gym, but she's now a solid member of my Black 2 team.

For fun, I remember pitting my Jellicent against Marlon's Jellicent. It was an epic battle of Ominous Winds. :D

zolios

Since Gen 5 is my favorite generation (BW2 being my favorite games of all time), I played it a lot and have a lot of great teams but I will only tell you about the 3 that stood out the most to me.

My first ever Black Team:
- Samurott
- Excadrill
- Leavanny
- Darmanitan
- Galvantula
- Sawk

I have a lot of great memories with this team as it introduced me to now my favorite generation. The MVP of this team was Excadrill and the biggest surprise for me was Leavanny because I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

My first Black 2 team:
- Serperior
- Lucario
- Arcanine
- Crustle
- Jolteon
- Lapras

This team is my all time favorite team I ever had in any Pokemon game ever, I can't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed using this team. Every Pokemon on the team was amazing and made this playthrough so memorable for me. Because of this team Serperior became my favorite Unova starter, Crustle became my favorite Bug type and Arcanine made it on my Top 5 favorite Pokemon list. I also found my first ever shiny on this playthrough, a shiny Audino that showed up while I was training the newly evolved Joteon for the battle against Skyla. MVPs of the team were Lucario and Arcanine, the biggest surprise and my personal favorite on this playthrough was Crustle.

The last team I want to talk about is my most recent White 2 team from the playthrough I did about a year ago:
- Serperior
- Shiny Arcanine
- Swoobat
- Scrafty
- Jellicent (Male)
- Mamoswine (Weezing before I caught Piloswine)

This playthrough was super fun and even a little nostalgic as it reminded me of my first Black 2 playthrough. I wanted to use Pokemon I never used before and Serperior, but some crazy stuff happened and I ended up using Arcanine again... I was training in Virbank Complex for the battle against Roxie and when I went to the PC to heal my Pokemon Nurse Joy told me that my Pokemon had Pokerus. I couldn't believe it, I just found a PKRS in the wild (it is even more rare than finding a shiny). So after this happened I decided to test how lucky I can really get and I decided to try to get a shiny in Virbank Complex double grass. And the day after I got PKRS and after less than a 1000 encounters I found a shiny Growlithe. This was without a doubt my luckiest playthrough I ever did. The MVP was Scrafty and the biggest surprise was Swoobat, it really isn't as bad as people say.

There are a few more interesting teams I had over the years and there are definitely more teams to come as I play Gen 5 more than any other generation. Even right now I am in the middle of the german Pokemon White playthrough, I have 4 Badges so far and the team of Dewott, Lilligant, Dwebble and Bouffalant (traded as an Egg from W2).

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The MVP of this team was Excadrill and the biggest surprise for me was Leavanny because I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

Leavanny is a good Pokémon if you can get over its 4x weakness to Fire and Flying. I have one on B2.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
My first Generation V game was White, and my team was Samurott, Simisear, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Haxorus and Stoutland. I've never considered choosing any starter other than Oshawott, since Emboar is too slow and you can't get Contrary Snivy as your starter.During the climax of the storyline, I replaced Simisear with Zekrom, since the former constantly lagged behind (I evolved it too early, so it only got Flame Burst once I reached Mistralton City).
In Black, I used Samurott, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Archeops, Haxorus and Galvantula.
In White 2, my team was Samurott, Sigilyph, Krookodile, Cinccino (the one you're guaranteed to encounter in the Hidden Grotto on Route 5), Haxorus and Mienshao (who took forever to evolve).
In Black 2, I raised Samurott, Sigilyph, Krookodile, Skill Link Cinccino, Haxorus and Galvantula.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My Black team was:

-Emboar: favorite Unovan starter. Hits hard and great movepool. Learns Scald of all things. Was my most reliable & my favorite moment was knocking Alder's Volcarona out with Heat Crash. Final moveset: Heat Crash, Brick Break, Wild Charge, and Rock Slide

-Simisage: Yes, I used the infamous elemental Monkeys. I actually love them. I waited up until gym #6 to evolve it for Crunch. Wasn't the best but it got the job done. Final moveset: Seed Bomb, Brick Break, Rock Slide, and Crunch

-Unfezant: yet another infamously hated Unovan Pokémon. It was a struggle at first due to lack of a reliable physical STAB but once I got Return+Fly, it was a menace. It took on Skyla's entire Gym by himself. Final moveset: Return, Fly, U turn, and Quick Attack.

-Zebstrika: I like zebras and Electric Types are my 2nd favorite Type. It was mediocre since it lacked a good movepool but it was my fastest Pokémon. Final moveset: Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Trash, Thunder Wave.

-Seismitoad: I had an unusual interest in Ash's underdeveloped Palpitoad so I decided to raise my own. Was the bulkiest of my squad. Why doesn't it get a physical Water STAB :( ? Final moveset: EQ, Surf, Sludge Bomb, and Hyper Voice.

Krookodile: If you know me, Krookodile is my favorite Pokémon. The anime played a big role in that, but catching my own was amazing. I caught an Adamant Moxie one and used it to sweep through Elesa and Clay. Such an amazing powerhouse who never let me down. Final moveset: EQ, Crunch, Outrage, and Stone Edge

Only time I use 2 of the same Types on the same team

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I don't remember my team very well... Serperior, Druddigon and Volcarona were on there but I don't remember the rest.

I was living in Japan when BW came out so my fondest memories are more related to the environment and promotional stuff. Buying merch and playing on the train and stuff. In game, first arriving in Castelia. To this day Castelia is one of my favourite cities ever and the thing I think of when I think Unova.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
BW came out in the same month as my birthday. Was gifted Black and chose Snivy, which would be my favorite starter for this generation. Don’t remember what my team was at the time of getting it; do remember Sazandora and how much I loved the design and name, also cheating to get every Pokémon’s shiny.

This was the first generation where I took the online competitive scene seriously, as well. I have a lot of memories associated with this gen (more so than any other); partly the reason why it’s my favorite region to play.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I have very fond memories of my first playthrough of BW. Since Unova had no connections to other regions it was a great experience to discover all the new Pokemon. With that in mind I was constantly switching Pokemon in and out of my party; Experimenting to see which ones had the most potential. Additionally it was the first game where I actually cared about the Pokemon on my team, even imagining what kind of personalities and stories they had.

In the end my team consisted of:
- Samurott
- Serperior
- Emboar
- Unfezant
- Krookodile
- Zoroark
- Zekrom
- Emolga
- Leavanny
- Gigalith
- Excadrill
- Scrafty

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Another one of my favorite teams come from my recent playthrough of White Version. During this playthrough certain members of my team stood out, those individuals being: Samurott, Braviary, Sawsbuck, Krookodile, Galvantula, and Haxorus.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
My first BW team I recall was Emboar, Carracosta, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Braviary, Bisharp and interchangeably Krookodile. I liked Emboar's design and I never really understood why some people disliked him. He had a sort of "blast" look to him.

Yureishi

My first ever team on Black consisted of Emboar, Musharna, Maractus, Durant, Hydreigon and Jellicent. For some reason, I have always been kinda obsessed about literally thinking of Frillish as the Tentacool of Unova.

M.P.

Retired
My initial team on White was Emboar, Krookodile, Swoobat, Scolipede, Seismitoad and Zekrom. However, by the time I had beaten N, only Emboar, Krookodile and Zekrom were actually usable: the other three were extremely underleveled. I ended up overhauling my team, with only Emboar and Krookodile staying. Leavanny, Braviary, Carracosta and Eelektross became my new team members. I narrowly managed to beat Cynthia with this team.

For Black 2, my team consisted of Serperior, Krookodile, Galvantula, Golduck, Skarmory and Magmar. I liked Krookodile so much that I used it two games in a row (I considered using it third time in Ultra Sun). Can't really remember why I didn't evolve that Magmar.

dannymusic

The Smiling Trombonist
I'm playing through White again now! Currently I'm using Dewott, Leavanny, Gurdurr, and Solosis (with a lower-leveled Darumaka and Sandile as backup if absolutely needed).

My first team on Black had Darmanitan, Sigilyph, Zebstrika, Sawk, Druddigon, and Haxorus. I liked that team but now I'm trying to see how it goes with different pokemon.

Cat's Eye Draco

I don't remember what my first team was on Black (all I remember is that I started off with Snivy), but my favorite playthrough was definitely with Serperior, Mienshao, Galvantula, Chandelure, Carracosta, and Mandibuzz. I'll probably wind up recreating this team next time I feel like playing Black.

As for White 2, my first (and still favorite) team consisted of Serperior, Espeon, Arcanine, Galvantula, Lapras, and Braviary.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
For White, along with Samurott, I'm pretty sure I had Chandelure, Krookodile, Archeops, Lilligant and ... I've completely forgotten who the last one was (though it was eventually Zekrom/Hydreigon in post game)

I liked that team but there were a few Pokemon I really liked such as Braviary and Mienshao but their preevolutions were available too late and evolved even later

For BW2 all I remember was having Samurott lol, forgot the rest of the team

Erron Black

The Outlaw
This was possibly my favorite gen when it came to Pokemon designs tbh. So many awesome choices for team members! I ultimately went with:

Team 1:
Samurott
Reuniclus
Mienshao
Zoroark
Cinccino
Hydreigon

Team 2:
Serperior
Krookodile
Haxorus
Jellicent
Swoobat
Scolipede

Team 3:
Emboar
Galvantula
Carracosta
Bisharp
Beheeyem
Golurk

Nebbygetinthebag

My White 2 team was:

-Samurott: My favorite starters of Unova and Pokemon overall, it had a cool design and had a surprisingly good movepool. His moves was: Hydro Pump, X-Scissor, Ice Beam and Waterfall.

-Lucario: It was my first pokemon I caught when it was a Riolu, I love Lucario it is my second favorite, I like its design and it had a good movepool also Riolu is cute though it had a frail defenses. His moves was: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon and Calm Mind.

-Arcanine: I like dog and Arcanine is so cool it had a useful ability and a good stats. His move was: Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, Wild Charge and Reversal.

-Scolipede: Now this is how you do a good bug type, cool design and had a good speed, I also like its cry. His Move was: Megahorn, Earthquakes, Poison Jab and Protect.

-Lilligant: The only female pokemon in my party lol, It's cute and she managed to beat Elesa's Zebstrika which was very tough though I wish her movepool wasn't shallow come on give her Fiery Dance! Her move was: Energy Ball, Quiver Dance, Dream Eater and Sleep Powder.

-Sigilyph: Very underrated, Magic Guard is a great ability and It never disappoint me in battle. His move was: Air Slash, Shadow Ball, Psychic and Cosmic Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.