1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

Simple question! What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs throughout the region of Kalos and Hoenn? Any great memories of the Pokemon that you've trained throughout the journey? Any Pokemon that in particular stood out?

[​IMG]
    A younger X (or as many you know as Calem) hi-fiving baby Kangaskhan after a victorious Pokemon battle.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    zolios likes this.
  2. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

Just a couple of teams I fondly remember on my playthroughs.
    XY:
    • Chesnaught
    • Talonflame
    • Meowstic
    • Heliolisk
    • Hawlucha
    • Tyrantrum
    • Delphox
    • Gogoat
    • Sylveon
    • Auroras
    • Pangoro
    • Absol
    ORAS:
    • Sceptile
    • Mightyena
    • Swellow
    • Manectric
    • Flygon
    • Sharpedo
    • Blaziken
    • Linoone
    • Altaria
    • Seviper
    • Roserade
    • Walrein
    • Swampert
    • Aggron
    • Camerupt
    • Tropius
    • Glalie
    • Zangoose

Majespectre and shoz999 like this.
  3. shoz999

4 out of 6 of the Chesnaught team you have is also my original team. Specifically Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Talonflame and Tyrantrum. The other team members were Clawitzer and Aegislash.

4. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

In some playthroughs I substituted Talonflame for Pyroar, Hawlucha for Kangaskhan, and Tyrantrum for Steelix.

shoz999 likes this.
  5. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I actually enjoyed Gen 6 quite a bit, a LOT of variety for teams here.

Team 1:
    Chesnaught
    Goodra
    Slurpuff
    Pangoro
    Clawitzer
    Mega Manectric

Team 2:
    Greninja
    Malamar
    Avalugg
    Pyroar
    Noivern
    Mega Aggron

Team 3:
    Delphox
    Aegislash
    Aurorus
    Heliolisk
    Dragalge
    Mega Absol

And for Alpha Sapphire(I used Mega Stones on all Pokemon that could use them) I used:

AS:
    Sceptile
    Sableye
    Gallade
    Tropius
    Camerupt
    Armaldo

I did a SBQ on another copy of AS and I ended with:
    Ludicolo
    Crobat
    Sandslash
    Sharpedo
    Milotic
    Banette

And then I had Ninjask, Shedinja, and Swalot stowed away.

Majespectre, janejane6178 and shoz999 like this.
  6. M.P.

M.P. Retired

Y team:
    Chesnaught
    Charizard
    Malamar
    Tyrantrum
    Aegislash
    Dragalge

I used all of these Pokemon equally, and I think this team worked quite well. I remember allowing myself to have only one non-Gen 6 Pokemon on my team (so I could use a Mega evolution). I also remember being set on picking Froakie as the starter, but switched to Chespin (who was initially my least favorite) after Chesnaught's design was leaked.

Omega Ruby team:
    Sceptile
    Metagross
    Camerupt
    Sharpedo
    Manectric
    Latios

This was the only one of my teams to have a legendary as a permanent team member. I wanted to use only Pokemon that could Mega evolve this time, which (alongside the inclusion of Metagross and Latios) led to the team becoming too overpowered in my opinion. Still have some fond memories of this team, though I wish I had used more of my personal favorites, like Aggron, Seviper or Dusknoir.

Majespectre, zolios and shoz999 like this.
  7. Yureishi

Yureishi Well-Known Member

On X, my team consisted of: Greninja, Heliolisk, Florges, Goodra, Meowstic F. and Abomasnow (Mega). Strongest memories I have about X mostly are about fully understanding the newly introduced Fairy-type.

On Alpha Sapphire, my team consisted of: Blaziken (Mega), Salamence (Mega), Manectric (Mega), Sharpedo (Mega), Exploud and Roserade. The funniest memories I have here are about overusing a bit too much the Mega Evolution system.

8. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Ah, gen 6. The gen that got me back into Pokèmon after the weird experiment that was Gen V.

I have a team for each starter:
    -Chesnaught
    -Pyroar
    -Malamar
    -Barbaracle
    -Dragalge
    -Avalugg

-Delphox
    -Pangoro
    -Sylveon
    -Tyrantrum
    -Trevenant
    -Vivillon

-Greninja
    -Talonflame
    -Gogoat
    -Aegislash
    -Heliolisk
    -Goodra

janejane6178 and shoz999 like this.
  9. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Greninja, Roserade, Lucario, Pikachu, Pyroar, Talonflame

I kinda regretted having so many earlier gen mons (was preparing to have a full Kalos team for Z :( )

10. PrimalPalkia

PrimalPalkia Active Member

Y:

chesnaught.
    charizard.
    pangoro.
    lapras.
    snorlax.
    garchomp.

As:

sceptile
    slaking
    skarory
    ninetales
    magnezone
    gyarados

11. zolios

zolios Member

My first Y team:
    - Greninja
    - Talonflame
    - Venusaur
    - Pangoro
    - Tyrantrum
    - Granbull

Talonflame stood out by not only being good in battles but also super useful for flying around and hatching Eggs.

My first AS team:
    - Sceptile
    - Dustox
    - Hariyama
    - Gyarados
    - Milotic
    - Camerupt

Dustox was surprisingly useful and good in battles thanks to the Quiver Dance.

12. Cool Rafe

Cool Rafe Cold & Anti-social

Just got back to playing my AS and here's my current team:

- Blaziken
    - Bisharp
    - Kingdra
    - Manectric
    - Roserade
    - Swellow

Majespectre, janejane6178 and shoz999 like this.
  13. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

X Team 1
    - Chesnaught
    - Swanna
    - Heatmor
    - Vivillon
    - Linoone (special based moveset since she was Timid)
    - Aegislash

X Team 2 (original run)
    - Delphox
    - Aurorus
    - Clawitzer
    - Dragalge (Wonder Trade from someone)
    - Ferrothorn
    - Diggersby

X Team 3
    - Greninja
    - Talonflame
    - Mienshao
    - Lilligant (from Wonder Trade)
    - Durant
    - Butterfree

Omega Ruby Team 1 (a lot of Wonder Trade team members)
    - Sceptile
    - Delcatty
    - Mega Charizard Y
    - Feraligatr
    - Swellow
    - Heliolisk

Omega Ruby Team 2
    - Blaziken
    - Swellow
    - Linoone (another special based Timid one)
    - Ludicolo (Wonder Trade gave me a Lombre)
    - Mega Absol
    - Mawile

Omega Ruby Team 3 (original run)
    - Swampert
    - Swellow
    - Beautifly
    - Shiftry
    - Camerupt
    - Machamp

shoz999 likes this.
  14. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

X
    - Chesnaught: I really liked Chespin's design. Like a lot.
    - Talonflame: I liked the typing of the early bird. Plus it's pretty good.
    - Malamar: I don't like to repeat types on teams so I would never use it if I chose Fennekin or Froakie so I figured might as well go ahead and use it.
    - Tyrantrum: Have you seen this thing? Absolutely my favorite Fossil. Just so cool.
    - Sylveon: I wanted to use a Fairy type on my initial play through. Was really strong.
    - Clawitzer: I needed a Water type. Honestly was not a fan of it.

OmegaRuby
    - Blaziken: My favorite of the 3 starters and I didn't use the Torchic in X/Y.
    - Shiftry: I had never used one before and wanted to try it out. I also like the Grass/Dark combo.
    - Manectric: I wanted another Mega Evolution on my team. Plus with all the water in the game having two Super Effective Pokemon doesn't hurt.
    - Zangoose: I wanted a good Physical Pokemon plus it's exclusive to OR so might as well use it.
    - Armaldo: Never used it and thought it would be weak in RSE since it didn't get a good Bug or Rock move.
    - Milotic: I realized that it is easier to evolve it that it would be a good time to finally use it. Was fine.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  15. thexuberant1

thexuberant1 Active Member

X:
    Delphox
    Gallade
    Vespiquen
    Aurorus
    Golurk
    Blastoise

Y:
    Chesnaught
    Talonflame
    Florges
    Goodra
    Meowstic (Male)
    Lapras

Alpha Sapphire:
    Swampert
    Ninetales
    Absol
    Altaria
    Metagross
    Froslass

16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Alpha Sapphire
    • Swampert(male): Swampert was my first Pokemon ever in my first game ever, Pokemon Sapphire. Of course I would use it in the remake
    • Latias: Well, when they just give you a legendary I might as well use it. Served a good flyer as well
    • Electrode: Another Pokemon I have warm memories of. With Electro Ball a thing for Electrode, I had good reason to pick it
    • Aggron(male): Started as a little Aron, his tankiness helped me out. It was one of the potential Mega Evolutions due to insane defense
    • Pinsir(male): My primary Mega Evolution choice due to how awesome Aerilate was
    • Ditto: I wanted to try Ditto's Imposter ability, and we could get it through Dexnav and the Mirage system. It was interesting and difficult, but I made it use
    Omega Ruby
    • Sceptile(male): One of the Megas, due to its cool Dragon typing
    • Lanturn(female) I have always liked this Pokemon because of how it combines Water and Electric, two of my favorite types, and Volt Absorb was the icing on the cake
    • Golem(female): When Sturdy was buffed, Golem became a much more attractive choice due to the incredible defense. She was the physical tank of the group
    • Glalie(female): Another Mega to use, and the primary example. And Refrigerate was sweet
    • Weezing(male): I had used one for a time in Gen 5. I decided to go the whole way with Fairy types' weakness to Poison types and Weezing's Levitate

shoz999 likes this.
  17. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

I believe my final team was Greninja, Hawlucha, Florges, Aegislash, Malamar, and Aurorus. For part of the game, I also used Vivillon and Talonflame. Clearly, I wanted to use only Kalos Pokemon because what's the point of playing a new game if you're going to ignore all the new Pokemon in favor of ones you've seen since 1998? I ended up really liking Vivillon, surprised by how strong and useful it was even during the midgame, but replaced it because it couldn't learn Fly and was still being outclassed by other flying types. I know it's not part of the topic, but I ended up hating Talonflame, the whole family really, and Florges and Aurorus. Florges doesn't get good until the end game and even that requires an evolution stone and a Heart Scale. Otherwise it's a mediocre grass type without the actual grass typing. Likewise, you get Talonflame at level 35 and literally it's strongest moves are Peck and Ember. That's pathetic. I got a Hawlucha and never looked back. I initially liked Aurorus and Amaura because it's so rare to get an ice type so early in the game. Then, slowly, I realized just how tanky it was, and how many types can oneshot it. It died, a lot. Greninja was cool. I really liked the unique typing with Aegislash and Malamar, both of which turned out to be really useful in battle. My all-star was Hawlucha though. Best Gen VI Pokemon. Loved the design. I managed to catch an Adamant one first try and really utilized Super Training on him immediately, and the results showed. Put Poison Jab on him and greatest memory: taking out Diantha's Mega Gardevoir with Poison Jab in one hit. Beautiful.

Majespectre, PokeMon2.0 and shoz999 like this.
  18. shoz999

In a third playthrough of Pokemon X, my Pokemon team consisted of...

Delphox - I actually like Delphox's design. It takes a while to get used to but I think Delphox's cool wand animation attack makes up for it.
    Pangoro - Pangoro is such a fitting Pokemon design as you don't really expect a Panda-like Pokemon to be so serious looking. Unfortunately he's a bit hard to use in competitive battles.
    Auroros - Auroros hits really hit hard, especially with Hyper Voice and Refrigerate. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the typing.
    Sylveon - Sylveon also hits really hard with Hyper Voice and Pixilate.
    Dedenne - I like this little gerbil, the only thing missing is a good fairy-type attack.
    Goodra - This is one of my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon, especially in competitive because it has the move "Counter" and so many people do not see this coming. Goodra is quite the game-changer in competitive.

So as you can see... this team is one of the most flawed teams I've made lol but I still like much of the designs and unique moves and abilities the Pokemon carries.

19. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

My greatest memory of my original X play through was Diggersby sweeping the Steel Elite 4’s Team with Earthquake. And Greninja using all sorts of moves too.

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I used Gekkouga (Greninja), Fiarrow (Talonflame), Raichu, Lucario, Goronda (Pangoro), and Gogoat in Y version. I chose my team with design preferences in mind rather than just trying to make a balanced team of various types. My fondest memory was sweeping the League with only Lucario and Gekkouga the first time I went there.