1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

My main Gen 6 teams:

Y:
    Delphox [​IMG] Sylveon[​IMG] Clawitzer[​IMG] Scolipede [​IMG] Mawile[​IMG] Dusknoir[​IMG]

I really liked this team a lot. My favourite team members were Sylveon & Mawile. I loved their Fairy typing, Sylveon's cute design, and just how useful Mega Mawile was in battle.

Omega Ruby:
    Swampert[​IMG] Gardevoir[​IMG] Illumise[​IMG] Camerupt [​IMG] Altaria[​IMG] Milotic[​IMG]

This is one of my favourite Pokemon teams. Illumise was a Pokemon I'd never used before OR and really wanted to try (and ended up liking a lot), while the other five are my favourite Hoenn Pokemon.

shoz999 likes this.
  2. Fushiki

Fushiki Golden Orchid

Y and Omega Ruby are the Generation VI games I played with.

...Y...
    - Delphox
    - Vivillon
    - Gogoat
    - Florges
    - Clawitzer
    - Dragalge

...Omega Ruby...
    - Blaziken
    - Cacturne
    - Azumarill
    - Grumpig
    - Armaldo
    - Flygon

I usually start with Grass-type, but that has not happened on this Generation since I absolutely loved the wizard/witch characteristics of Delphox... That's not the only and one reason though... There's another one which takes the name of... Quilladin... Come on... Chespin is adorable and Chesnaught is nice too, but that ugly Grass-type carbon copy of Pignite just totally ruins the evolutionary line for me. However, on Pokémon Y, during the adventure, I sadly could not use any Mega Evolution because I wanted a full Kalos team and realized later that none of them would have been able to do that. In return, Mega Blaziken was amazing on Omega Ruby.

Majespectre and shoz999 like this.
  3. charmanderandswampertguy

charmanderandswampertguy Thunder Trainer

Pokémon x (main story and post game)

Delphox
    Venusaur
    Pangoro
    Swellow
    Jolteon
    Floatzel

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Swampert (Both main and post game)
    Ludicolo (Both main and post game)
    Manectric (Both main and post game)
    Latias (main story)
    Kyogre (main story)
    Arcanine (Both main and post game)
    Hawlucha (post game)
    Dusknoir (Post Game)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Majespectre and shoz999 like this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

For ORAS I pretty much planned this team from the start and it consisted of these Pokemon. I had a fun time with this team in that these Pokemon packed a lot of power but also huge flaws such as 4x weaknesses, frail defenses or some kind of drawback like truant. In some ways it felt like I had a team of glass cannons.

Swampert - Swampert's my favorite starter of Hoenn. I love it's look, it's movepool, it's stats and it's typings. Swampert's awesome and was especially awesome in defeating Steven Stone's Mega Metagross as Mega Swampert.

Swellow - So by this time I learned about the Pokenav feature that can discover hidden abilities and I wanted to find one with Boomburst. It took freaking hours lol before the first gym on my first playthrough to find one. I got it and it was worth seeing a Taillow screaming boomburst at Roxanne's Geodude before getting KO by a rock-type move lol.

Slaking - As a Slakoth this was one of the harder Pokemon to raise but it was well worth it in terms of raw power when it evolved into Slaking. I especially love how it looks during the move animation of retaliation. I just love nuking teams with this Pokemon.

Aggron - Okay so Aggron took a lot longer than I expected. There was a hidden ability I wanted but ORAS surprised me in one way in that they locked off the rest of Granite Cave meaning you have to get Aron after you beat the second gym, not before. Actually if I recall, you needed a bike to access Granite Cave. What an annoying change. Also due to it's good movepool and stats but it's situational typing, this Pokemon won me and lost me so many battles lol in both singleplayer and competitive.

Dusknoir - I wanted a Dusknoir because I thought it was just a cool-looking Pokemon so I headed off to Mt. Pyre and got one and man, this thing is just great at annoyingly stalling and building up power with Power-Up Punch. It may not be as effective as Dusclops but I still love the offenses and trick room annoyance.

Salamance - So I caught this from Meteor Falls, one of the better unique looking locations of ORAS and I suppose by extension RS as well. This was a hard Pokemon to catch because I was looking for a specific kind in a specific room. Encountered a lot of Deino's if I remember correctly but the Salamence was well worth it as the one I got was Dragon Rush lol. This thing is a monster against the Elite Four, except for Glacia for obvious reasons.

On a side note, recalling Mt. Pyre and Meteor Falls, Gen 3 sure has a lot of pretty stand-out locations back than didn't it?

Ignition likes this.
  5. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Member

I used the following Pokemon on my X team:

• Greninja
    • Malamar
    • Gogoat
    • Noivern
    • Heliolisk
    • Pyroar

I don't remember their movesets since I don't have the game with me and I haven't played it in over a year, but I really liked that team and my only change would've been to train a Florges if I had had the chance.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM
    shoz999 likes this.