• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Vindicated30.6

Still salty at no Electric/Dark Mega Luxray
I just restarted Y after finding a Kalos strategy guide at the library bookstore for 50 cents! Probably going to have the same two anchors from my original run, Mega Heracross and Cloyster. Two Skill Link users, especially since Y was the first time I took my whole team to level 100 grinding on the Elite Four and Diantha, milking the fact that 2/3 of Diantha's team falls hard to Cloyster's STAB Skill Link Icicle Spear. I ended up with a Rash nature Chespin this time. I wanted to name her Princess Chespa after the Spaceballs character, but had to work within the character limit on her name.

Picnicker

I don't exactly remember the teams I had for 'Y' and 'Alpha Sapphire', instead, just a few Pokémon I made use of.
In Kalos I do recall about using Chesnaught, Aurorus and Dragalge, while in Hoenn the same for Sceptile (always Treecko for the third generation, as I'm not a big fan of the other two), Exploud, Milotic and Salamence along with its mega evolved form.

The things I liked the most on the sixth generation were the sprites/icons of the trainers, since I thought they were quite neat looking; the super EVs training and the new regional layouts.

zolios

I recently finished my third playthrough of Pokemon Y and this was my team:

- Chesnought
- Pyroar (M)
- Florges
- Swanna
- Lucario (mega)
- Goodra

I had a lot of fun with this playthtough even though it was my third time playing through Kalos. I liked this team a lot (almost as much as my first ever Kalos team) and Goodra was definitely my favorite member of this team. I now have also used every Kalos starter in a X and Y playthrough so that's also cool I guess.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Well, I've only played X, and my final team was:
Greninja
Surf/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Ice Beam
Talonflame
Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Steel Wing/U-Turn
Charizard (holding Charizardite X)
Dragon Claw/Flare Blitz/Roost/Dig
Aegislash
Iron Head/Shadow Sneak/Sacred Sword/King's Shield
Heliolisk
Thunderbolt/Surf/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot
Sylveon
Moonblast/Shadow Ball/Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If I do remember correctly:

X

Greninja
Charizard
Gardevoir
Pikachu
Hawlucha
Talonflame

Y

Chesnaught
Charizard
Talonflame
Gardevoir
Gliscor
Greninja (shiny)

Omega Ruby

Swampert
Chesnaught (shiny)
Gallade
Zangoose
Crobat
Linoone

The teams are way different now, but I still keep swampert, gallade and zangoose in Omega Ruby. The most part of the other teams was traded or putted in the battle box.

I’m specifically fond of my OR team, since it was my first pokemon game on 3DS. Also, my favorite pokemon game in general.

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Still salty at no Electric/Dark Mega Luxray
One of the best things about ORAS was that Hidden Abilities were now available, which meant that I was able to use a Scrappy Exploud and a Crawdaunt with Adaptability. Two of my favorite Hidden Ability users of all time. I really wish new generations would allow previously Mega-able Pokemon access to the abilities they had as Megas, like Skill Link Heracross. Something like an Ability Patch, but to bring back Mega Abilities. I imagine Kangaskhan users would love that too.