• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Aquarelle

Staff member
My main Gen 6 teams:

Y:
Delphox
655.png
Sylveon
700.png
Clawitzer
693.png
Scolipede
545.png
Mawile
303.png
Dusknoir
477.png

I really liked this team a lot. My favourite team members were Sylveon & Mawile. I loved their Fairy typing, Sylveon's cute design, and just how useful Mega Mawile was in battle.

Omega Ruby:
Swampert
260.png
Gardevoir
282.png
Illumise
314.png
Camerupt
323.png
Altaria
334.png
Milotic
350.png

This is one of my favourite Pokemon teams. Illumise was a Pokemon I'd never used before OR and really wanted to try (and ended up liking a lot), while the other five are my favourite Hoenn Pokemon.

Pokémon x (main story and post game)

Delphox
Venusaur
Pangoro
Swellow
Jolteon
Floatzel

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Swampert (Both main and post game)
Ludicolo (Both main and post game)
Manectric (Both main and post game)
Latias (main story)
Kyogre (main story)
Arcanine (Both main and post game)
Hawlucha (post game)
Dusknoir (Post Game)

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
For ORAS I pretty much planned this team from the start and it consisted of these Pokemon. I had a fun time with this team in that these Pokemon packed a lot of power but also huge flaws such as 4x weaknesses, frail defenses or some kind of drawback like truant. In some ways it felt like I had a team of glass cannons.

Swampert - Swampert's my favorite starter of Hoenn. I love it's look, it's movepool, it's stats and it's typings. Swampert's awesome and was especially awesome in defeating Steven Stone's Mega Metagross as Mega Swampert.

Swellow - So by this time I learned about the Pokenav feature that can discover hidden abilities and I wanted to find one with Boomburst. It took freaking hours lol before the first gym on my first playthrough to find one. I got it and it was worth seeing a Taillow screaming boomburst at Roxanne's Geodude before getting KO by a rock-type move lol.

Slaking - As a Slakoth this was one of the harder Pokemon to raise but it was well worth it in terms of raw power when it evolved into Slaking. I especially love how it looks during the move animation of retaliation. I just love nuking teams with this Pokemon.

Aggron - Okay so Aggron took a lot longer than I expected. There was a hidden ability I wanted but ORAS surprised me in one way in that they locked off the rest of Granite Cave meaning you have to get Aron after you beat the second gym, not before. Actually if I recall, you needed a bike to access Granite Cave. What an annoying change. Also due to it's good movepool and stats but it's situational typing, this Pokemon won me and lost me so many battles lol in both singleplayer and competitive.

Dusknoir - I wanted a Dusknoir because I thought it was just a cool-looking Pokemon so I headed off to Mt. Pyre and got one and man, this thing is just great at annoyingly stalling and building up power with Power-Up Punch. It may not be as effective as Dusclops but I still love the offenses and trick room annoyance.

Salamance - So I caught this from Meteor Falls, one of the better unique looking locations of ORAS and I suppose by extension RS as well. This was a hard Pokemon to catch because I was looking for a specific kind in a specific room. Encountered a lot of Deino's if I remember correctly but the Salamence was well worth it as the one I got was Dragon Rush lol. This thing is a monster against the Elite Four, except for Glacia for obvious reasons.

On a side note, recalling Mt. Pyre and Meteor Falls, Gen 3 sure has a lot of pretty stand-out locations back than didn't it?

TwilightBlade

I used the following Pokemon on my X team:

• Greninja
  • Malamar
  • Gogoat
  • Noivern
  • Heliolisk
  • Pyroar

I don't remember their movesets since I don't have the game with me and I haven't played it in over a year, but I really liked that team and my only change would've been to train a Florges if I had had the chance.

Last edited:
I forget my Pokemon Y team but I can tell you my Main Story AS team:
Sceptile - I usually choose fire types and I liked Torchic, but I just think Blaziken was too overrated and anyway, I love Pokemon that become dragon types when they Mega Evolve. It did prove useful with X-Scissor, Mega Drain, and Dragon Pulse. Plus, it helps catch legendaries with its False Swipe.
Linoone - Proved as a very useful HM slave. Plus having it know pin missle during the main storyline proved it kinda useful in battle.
Mightyena - For some reason, I usually always use first route Pokemon. Although, I didn't use Bunnelby or Zigzagoon in Y. But Mightyena proved to be useful. Took down Psychics like a pro with Assurance and immunity. Plus, it had an array of types for moves due to it knowing lots of fang moves. Thunder Fang proved super useful.
Beautifly - This one I caught as a Silcoon because Wurmples I get always usually become a Dustox, and I hate Dustox. Beautifly proved useful with Silver Wind and Gigs Drain, although I rarely ever use this one in battle. I used it mostly to light up caves.
Swellow - My flyer that proved useful due to Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, and Fly. I've noticed throughout the games I've played with HMs in them that Fly is one of the greatest flying type moves there is. Also, this one created Secret Bases for me.
Latias - My main mega up until the delta episode. I brought it on the team because getting free legendaries is great, especially if they come with a Mega Stone. Mist Ball proved super useful, so has its Dragon Pulse. This one was also taught Dive and Waterfall.
Now for Post Game, my team became this:
Sceptile
Mightyena
Kyogre - Replaced Beautifly since Beautifly didn't have a use. Kyogre also helped with the E4. Origin Pulse was powerful, plus Ice Beam was also great. It also helped heal with Aqua Ring. Plus, Sheer Cold was great for powerful opponents. This pokemon is able to Primal Evolve.
Rayquaza - Replaced Linoone since I didn't really need a HM slave anymore after the Delta Episode. RAYQUAZA IS A SUPERPOWER!!!! I mean it. It one-hit ko'ed pretty much everything, it even one hitted Deoxys!!!! This is now my new main Mega. It destroys stuff with Dragon Accent and Outrage. I also put in Flamethrower for type coverage and Extreem Speed for a speedy attack.
Dodrio (Nicknamed Dorothy) - So I was trying to capture Pokenav only Pokemon like Buneary in the Safari Zone and I ended up finding a Shiny Doduo! I nicknamed it because I always nickname pokemon I use in contests and started doing Clever contests with it. It was also useful for battle. Since it replaced Swellow I taught it fly, the best move it has. Otherwise, it knows roost, pursuit, and toxic. Toxic isn't as useful as I thought, roost helps a lot, and Pursuit I havent used to attack pokemon being returned so hasn't been useful yet. It also tanks through Sandstorms and Hail with Safety Goggles.
Ampharos - Replaced Latias and is my favorite Pokemon of all time. I got it in the GTS as a French Mareep for the Pokedex, but then I decided why not raise one of my all time favorites. Already Lv100, it has helped evolve my Pokedex filling pokemon. I also use its mega (why I like Ampharos so much) whenever I either don't have Rayquaza, doing stuff at the Battle Resort, or fighting against anyone who plays X or Y. Proves useful with a Rain Dance Thunder combo, Dragon Pulse, and Iron Tail which is for type coverage as a Mega.
Edit:
I just figured out what my Y playthrough team was. It was:
Delphox
Talonflame
Yveltal
Pikachu - First Playthrough, got the idea from the anime
Krookodile - Also got the idea from the anime
Gurdurr - I probably tried evolving it (This was before I got access to trading)

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
My team was

Greninja Delphox Chesnaught

Lucario Hawlucha Charizard Y

Heliolisk Helolisk Aegislash

Charizard Y Venasaur Lapras

Gogoat Lapras Dragalge

Malamar Noivern Mega Gengar

I really liked this team and had good memories with this team

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
X: Greninja, Tyrantrum, Talonflame, Trevenant, Lucario and Meowstic.

Y: Delphox, Sylveon, Crawdaunt, Aegislash, Noivern and Gardevoir.

Omega Ruby: Blaziken, Milotic, Roserade, Gardevoir, Salamence and Banette.

Alpha Sapphire: Swampert, Glalie, Absol, Claydol, Seviper and Flygon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Paul1985 said:
Alpha Sapphire: Swampert, Glalie, Absol, Claydol, Seviper and Flygon.

I really like this team, minus Habunake (Seviper). I tried to use one in OmegaRuby that I got via trade during my first play-through, but I realized that pure Poison-type Pokemon just aren't very good in general since they have few advantages. It doesn't help that Habunake is an evolutionary dead end.

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
On my first X team, I had:
-Greninja
-Talonflame
-Tyrantrum
-Heliolisk
-Gardevoir
-Nidoking

My main memory of it is that experience share was ridiculous in X/Y because my team was over level 80 at the elite 4. It was a cakewalk, but using exp. share in this form seemed nice for cutting out grinding.

My second X team had:
-Chesnaught
-Delphox
-Aerodactyl
-Lapras
-Bisharp
-Goodra

Don't remember if I beat the E4 with this.

On my Alpha Sapphire team I had:
-Swampert
-Metagross (Shiny)
-Altaria
-Manectric
-Breloom
-Houndoom

This one I had the most trouble remembering in its entirety (mainly the last two), but I remember just wanting to have some Mega-Evolution fun with this one and ended up putting only Mega Evos in it aside from Breloom (which is naturally awesome so that's okay).

zolios

A few months ago I finally decided to play through Y again since I only played through Kalos once back when X and Y came out in 2013. I recently finished that playthough and I wanted to share the team I used on my second ever Kalos playthrough, especially since I already shared my original Y team in this thread about a year ago.

The team I used for this playthrough of Y was:
- Delphox
- Toxicroak
- Gogoat
- Aerodactyl (Mega of the team)
- Shiny Kingdra (chain fished for Horsea/Skrelp and got Horsea after around 30 FEs)
- Stunfisk

Best moments from this playthrough were usually a courtesy of Stunfisk since I really loved using this derpy Pokemon to take down some of the most powerful Trainers in Kalos. Gogoat was also surprisingly bulky for a Grass type and it ended up being one of the MVPs in this playthrough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I guess I could also share my second Alpha Sapphire team since just like Y I only played it twice. I did this second playthrough almost 3 years ago now and I remember trading myself a couple of Pokemon Eggs that weren't native to Hoenn to make the game a little more interesting for myself.

So my second Alpha Sapphire team was:
- Swampert
- Darmanitan (Darumaka Egg traded in after the first Gym)
- Noivern (Noibat Egg traded in after the first Gym)
- Shiny Seaking (Goldeen traded in after 3rd or 4th Gym, got the shiny by chain fishing in Y)
- Manectric
- Dusclops

This was a very fun playthrough to do, definitely enjoyed it more than my first ORAS playthrough. Darmanitan was very OP and fun to use. Noibat was a bit of a challenge to use because of how weak it was but once it evolved into a Noivern it became one of the strongest Pokemon on the team. Eviolite Dusclops was just to bulky and that made the game a bit to easy. However the best moments of this playthrough happened thanks to Seaking and its unusually accurate Horn Drill attack. It really felt like Seaking's Horn Drill had 70% accuracy in that playthrough instead of 30% because it was hitting to often and it was super fun to use this OHKO move. Even in the Champion battle my Seaking hit two for two and knocked out 2 of Steven's Pokemon with Horn Drill. And even in the E4 rematch my Seaking hit a Horn Drill against Steven's Mega Metagross and knocked it out. I'm a big fan of Seaking now thanks to this playthrough.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The best teams I used in X and Y were Chesnaught, Pyroar, Clawitzer, Aegislash, Florges and Aerodactyl for X, and Greninja, Gogoat, Charizard, Heliolisk, Sylveon and Glourk for Y. I'd say they're two of the best teams I've ever had, I had little to no problems with either team. The last time I played Alpha Sapphire I used Swampert, Camerupt, Gardevoir, Manectric, Breloom and Altaria, but to be honest I did run into a lot of problems with that team and I don't have the fondest memories of them. I had a better time with my first playthrough of Omega Ruby, where I used Blaziken, Roserade, Gardevoir, Flygon, Gyarados and Manectric. My fondest memory from that playthrough was facing Primal Groudon, Flygon knocking its HP into the red with one Earth Power, then it only taking one Ultra Ball to catch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
carterfeygo said:
I had two teams, one in Y and one in Alpha Sapphire. In Y I had Chesnaught/Talonflame/Raichu/Dragonite/Florges/Lucario and in Alpha Sapphire I had Blaziken/Shiftry/Altaria/Golduck/Manectric/Latios.

I remember trying to catch Latios in Alpha Sapphire at Southern Island because I had planned on using it on my planned team at the time, only to go through all that trouble and deciding at the last minute that I didn't want to use it since the thought of using a Legendary on my team felt cheap.

WalesNote

On my first playthrough I went with a rotation team of 12 pokémon. Shocker. Yet I was still overleveled in the end.

1st Team: Chesnaught, Vivilon, Pyroar, Meowstic, Pangoro, Tyrantrum
2nd Team: Sylveon, Clawitzer, Gogoat, Goodra, Avalugg, and someone else I can't remember (sadface)

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Had Chesnaught, Syvleon, Clawitzer, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum and Noivern in X. I should've planned my team out better because I didn't end up using Noivern that much other than as my Flyer.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Second Omega Ruby playthrough: Blaziken, Aggron, Altaria, Cacturne, Starmie, Froslass.

Mega evolutions are quite fun, and they make me retry some Pokemon I thought I knew well.