• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I had this for my original X and Alpha Sapphire teams respectively.

X: Greninja, Charizard, Roserade, Meowstic, Pangoro, Sylveon

AS: Swampert, Breloom, Camerupt, Manectric, Gardevoir, Altaria

I wanted to use Mega Charizard X, and he did wonders for me in Kalos. Shame that the constant overuse of Charizard in the media led me to hate the species as a whole these days. Sylveon was what I planned to be my Fairy-type, and he was my team's MVP thanks to his tanking abilities.

AS had me using so many stuff with Mega Evolutions, and with half the team also being a shoutout to my original Ruby team. They made Ralts and its evolutions so much better to use in Hoenn now with Fairy-type and the new moves that come with it. Altaria was also a massive MVP with her bulk and power.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I recently played Y. My team looks like this after beating Diantha:

1) Greninja (L-75) - Waterfall, Extrasensory, Hydro Cannon, Night Slash

2) Pangoro (L-70) - Sludge Bomb, Hammer Arm, Crunch, Strength

3) Gogoat (L-73) - Earthquake, Leaf Blade, Surf, Aerial Ace

4) Aurorus (L-72) - Ice Beam, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Thunderbolt

5) Aegislash (L-72) - Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Cut

6) Yveltal (L-67) - Fly, Dragon Rush, Foul Play, Phantom Force

When I make a team, I choose only the new Pokemon, that is Pokemon introduced in that generation.

But since no Gen VI pokemon was able to Mega Evolve I kept Charizard and Lucario also on my team for significant time. Later I replaced Lucario with Pangoro and Charizard with Yveltal.

Also, I don't catch a Pokemon just to make it HM slave. I like to distribute HM moves among my main team only so that I don't have to change my team based on HM required in a particular area.

My favourite Pokemon from my team was Aegislash. It's a beast. After making the team, I realised I ended up having 3 dark types when I replaced Lucario and Charizard, but it wasn't much of an issue and my team worked pretty well.

Maserati777

My team in Pokemon Y was

Delphox, Klefki, Gogoat(nickname: Juneau), Mew, Emolga and Dragonite

I used each pokemon against one Pokemon of Diantha, for Mew I just used surf against one of her Pokemon.

It was fun to use Klefki and Emolga since both had bad reputations and were considered weak. I didn’t play gen 5 so I had never used Emolga before, same with Dragonite.

Now when I need cash I rebattle Serena but I retired my team and now just use Mew and Jirachi for rebattles.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This has been quite a while, but..
- Greninja
- Chesnaught
- Talonflame
- Shiny Dragalge
- Carbink
- Avalugg

Yeah, I think I at some point used either Aurorus and/or Tyrantrum as well (not at the same time). With Carbink/Avalugg being rotated out since I didn't want to double up on types.

I can't remember my OR-playthrough, but I guess I can look at the hall of fame to rekindle memories. I think it at least had Sceptile and Glalie and I kinda remember a Grumpig being there and smashing through Wallace with an OP Delcatty. I think the Delcatty had something like Wonder Skin as an ability and Charge Beam, Cosmic Power, Wish and Echoed Voice as moves and its statboost just tended to accumulate.

My team in Pokemon Y was

Delphox, Klefki, Gogoat(nickname: Juneau), Mew, Emolga and Dragonite

I used each pokemon against one Pokemon of Diantha, for Mew I just used surf against one of her Pokemon.

It was fun to use Klefki and Emolga since both had bad reputations and were considered weak. I didn’t play gen 5 so I had never used Emolga before, same with Dragonite.

Now when I need cash I rebattle Serena but I retired my team and now just use Mew and Jirachi for rebattles.

You never used a Dragonite before?

Madison M

X: Delphox, Steelix, Mawile, Lucario, Venusaur, and Pidgeot. I really wanted to use 3 steel-types because I love them a lot. Slowbro was on my team for a while because I wanted some psychic types, but I needed something that could use Fly, so Pidgeot joined instead.

Alpha Sapphire: Kyogre, Latias, Mightyena, Ludicolo, Swampert, and Shedinja. I think I had Skarmory for a while before getting Kyogre.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i always had great fun using Gliscor, Arcanine, Flygon Lucario and Gardevoir. they made very memorable moments in the game, especially in online casual battles. i used weird EV sets and my Gardevoir was able to survive many hits that usually would fall if it was a 252/252.6 spread. it really knocked out many legendary mons on online battles :).

WalesNote

My last Alpha Sapphire team: Swampert, Mightyena, Aggron, Camerupt, Raichu, Glalie.

Glaie is quite scary, especially up close. Imagine waking up to that thing in your face. Shiny one has red eyes, too. More scary. It can also use Explosion.

Me: Good morning, Glalie.
Glalie: *EXPLOSION*

Missingno.Fan

My best memories are actually the hype for the games. I was in college and whenever I had the opportunity to get my laptop out (this was before I had a smart phone) I had to go to Serebii.

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
I've played with Pokémon Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The entire collection of the Generation III's remakes was a must have for me because Ruby was the version that had me started with these games.

In Pokémon Y, my team consisted of:
- Chesnaught
- Diggersby
- Talonflame
- Florges (White ornament)
- Manectric
- Dragalge

Pokémon Omega Ruby:
- Blaziken
- Shiftry
- Milotic
- Mawile
- Grumpig
- Salamence

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire:
- Swellow
- Roserade
- Torkoal
- Crawdaunt
- Lunatone
- Banette

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I had both X and Y and while I remember all 12 Pokemon, I have no idea which ones went with which version.

Greninja
Charizard
Ampharos
Vaporeon
Togekiss
Gallade

Chesnaught
Blastoise
Talonflame
Gardevoir
Raichu
Sylveon

Red and Blue

My X team was:
1. Greninja
2. Talonflame
3. Lucario
4. Raichu
5. Charizard
6. Aurorus

I remember being surprised that half of my team was identical to Ash's in the anime

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I actually started a new playthrough on X about a month ago. I beat the first gym.... then promptly forgot about it until this topic reminded me about it a few days ago. I have two gym badges now and this is my current team. So far I'm surprised by Swalot it's surprisingly tanky. At least in the early game. I might have to switch it for something else later on, but for now, it's pulling its weight on my team.

Frogadere
Hondedge
Ivysaur
Floette
Snorelax
Swalot

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm currently playing through Pokemon Y right now. I started off trading & breeding several pokemon before starting the game since I wanted it to be a continuation of my playthroughs of SWSH & Pokemon Go, but eventually I want to have a mixed theme of tough/brutish pokemon and a royal court. Right now my current team is
  • Scizor
  • Hariyama
  • Emolga
  • Teddiursa
  • Litleo
  • Vivillon
However, eventually I was thinking of it being
  • Scizor
  • Hariyama/Emolga
  • Pyroar
  • Vivillon
  • Quilladin/Chesnaught
  • Diancie

So far Litleo & Vivillon are the only "new" additions to my team and I'm already starting to love them. Litleo has sort of come off as a spunky spitfire since I've used it in so many battles & completed the Secret Super Training with it, while Vivillon's surprisingly a strong special attacker, especially in the Battle Chateau. Plus, I have a Litleo in Pokemon Go that I'm treating as the one in my Y playthrough, & I recently became best buddies with it, so now I have even more of a sentimental attachment to it in the game!

I actually started a new playthrough on X about a month ago. I beat the first gym.... then promptly forgot about it until this topic reminded me about it a few days ago. I have two gym badges now and this is my current team. So far I'm surprised by Swalot it's surprisingly tanky. At least in the early game. I might have to switch it for something else later on, but for now, it's pulling its weight on my team.

Frogadere
Hondedge
Ivysaur
Floette
Snorelax
Swalot
Swalot can still be pretty bulky & reliable. I used an unevolved Gulpin in AS and ended up being the main tank for my team

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
My initial X team was actually much larger than 6 pokemon, I used a lot of different things and rotated as I saw fit. What I beat the league with though was as follows:
  • Greninja
  • Talonflame
  • Venusaur
  • Trevenant
  • Heliolisk
  • Garchomp
For Alpha Sapphire, I didn't rotate as much but I beat the league with this team:

• Sceptile
  • Beautifly
  • Swellow
  • Manectric
  • Sharpedo
  • Machamp

AS: Swampert, Mightyena, Ludicolo, Manetric, Torkoal, Walrein

Xionea

Half a centaur
Y:
Greninja
Meowstic (F)
Klefki
Sylveon
Goodra
Yveltal

Meowstic ended up being my favorite Pokemon in the game and I ended up using her almost exclusively. She had some ridiculous coverage and overleveled (got her from a wifi trade cause I was not having any luck finding an Espurr of my own) so she could OHKO pretty much everything.

Omega Ruby:
Sceptile
Glalie
Banette
Crobat
Groudon
Wailord/Linoone

A semi-recreation of my original Ruby team, except Blaziken was replaced with Sceptile cause I wanted to use one of the new Megas introduced in the game. Wailord and Linoone were just for HMs.

zolios

Replayed my Alpha Sapphire for the second time recently, making it my 3rd ORAS playthrough, and this is the team I used this time around:

- Grovyle (didn't want to evolve it further since I used Sceptile before and I always liked Grovyle's design more anyways)
- Shiny Dustox (randomly encountered a shiny Wurmple just before entering the Petalburg Woods on Route 104 so I added it to the team since I found it so early in the game)
- Exploud (always thought it was cool but never used it until now)
- Torkoal (same reason like with Exploud)
- Altaria (mega of the team since I didn't evolve Grovyle)
- Crawdaunt (love this evolution line since I used them both a lot in different competitive metas of Gens 6 and 7, Corphish was especially amazing for me in LC, but this was the first time I used them in a playthrough)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Replaying Pokemon Y right now. I had a bit of a rocky start with this playthrough, but I've been falling in love with this team between the constant battles in-game & online, interacting with them in Pokemon Amie, and learning to develop unique battle styles for each of them
  • Mega Scizor- Hands down the ace of the team. Since I hatched him in OR & immediately evolved him before leveling him up, I struggled with the disobedience issue a little bit. But even though he didn't get many wins between Cylage City & Anistar City, he quickly became a massive powerhouse and helped out my team through nearly every battle
  • Emolga- She became one of my more reliable pokemon ever since she took down Korrina's Hawlucha. Ever since she's come in handy multiple times between its combo of Nuzzle, Volt Switch, &/or Encore. It's even helped the team take down legendaries and megas a couple of times
  • Teddiursa- I personally didn't want to evolve this one since I like his design more than Ursaring, so I maxed hisSpecial Defense, slapped on an Eviolite, & taught him moves like Taunt, Charm, & Bulldoze. Even though he's not the strongest, he's easily my Special tank since he's been able to survive attacks like Yveltal's Oblivion Wing or Arceus's Blast Burn. He even took down Wulfric's Avalugg and a Greninja in a Wifi battle
  • Pyroar- She's been a great support pokemon due to using moves like Snarl & Noble Roar, while equipping her with a metronome has basically made her moves practically as strong as they'd be with a choice item.
  • Quilladin- I'm waiting until after I finish the Looker Bureau arc to evolve him into Chesnaught, but he's still the scrappy & gutsy member of the team. He's come in handy multiple times with moved like Drain Punch, Leech Seed, and Rollout
  • Noivern- I never used one before, but she quickly became the second strongest pokemon on my team. She has taken out strong pokemon like Volcanion, Landorus, and Thundrus, as well as go toe-to-toe with legendaries like Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

Sakuyamon

My main three Pokemon in X were Greninja, Noivern and Talonflame. I rotated the other three members of my team because I couldn't decide on a permanent team due to all the available pokemon in XY. :D