• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 6 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I just restarted Y after finding a Kalos strategy guide at the library bookstore for 50 cents! Probably going to have the same two anchors from my original run, Mega Heracross and Cloyster. Two Skill Link users, especially since Y was the first time I took my whole team to level 100 grinding on the Elite Four and Diantha, milking the fact that 2/3 of Diantha's team falls hard to Cloyster's STAB Skill Link Icicle Spear. I ended up with a Rash nature Chespin this time. I wanted to name her Princess Chespa after the Spaceballs character, but had to work within the character limit on her name.

Picnicker

I don't exactly remember the teams I had for 'Y' and 'Alpha Sapphire', instead, just a few Pokémon I made use of.
In Kalos I do recall about using Chesnaught, Aurorus and Dragalge, while in Hoenn the same for Sceptile (always Treecko for the third generation, as I'm not a big fan of the other two), Exploud, Milotic and Salamence along with its mega evolved form.

The things I liked the most on the sixth generation were the sprites/icons of the trainers, since I thought they were quite neat looking; the super EVs training and the new regional layouts.

zolios

I recently finished my third playthrough of Pokemon Y and this was my team:

- Chesnought
- Pyroar (M)
- Florges
- Swanna
- Lucario (mega)
- Goodra

I had a lot of fun with this playthtough even though it was my third time playing through Kalos. I liked this team a lot (almost as much as my first ever Kalos team) and Goodra was definitely my favorite member of this team. I now have also used every Kalos starter in a X and Y playthrough so that's also cool I guess.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If I do remember correctly:

X

Greninja
Charizard
Gardevoir
Pikachu
Hawlucha
Talonflame

Y

Chesnaught
Charizard
Talonflame
Gardevoir
Gliscor
Greninja (shiny)

Omega Ruby

Swampert
Chesnaught (shiny)
Gallade
Zangoose
Crobat
Linoone

The teams are way different now, but I still keep swampert, gallade and zangoose in Omega Ruby. The most part of the other teams was traded or putted in the battle box.

I’m specifically fond of my OR team, since it was my first pokemon game on 3DS. Also, my favorite pokemon game in general.

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

One of the best things about ORAS was that Hidden Abilities were now available, which meant that I was able to use a Scrappy Exploud and a Crawdaunt with Adaptability. Two of my favorite Hidden Ability users of all time. I really wish new generations would allow previously Mega-able Pokemon access to the abilities they had as Megas, like Skill Link Heracross. Something like an Ability Patch, but to bring back Mega Abilities. I imagine Kangaskhan users would love that too.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm having a blast in my newest run of X version

Greninja
Sylveon
Delphox
Noivern
Mega Lucario
Hawlucha (HM Mule for Rock Smash, Fly and Strength)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Secretly going to check as I don't remember...

Y:
- Delphox
- Diggersby
- Pangoro
- Florges (Orange Flower)
- Aerodactyl (Mega)
- Goodra

Alpha Sapphire:
- Swampert
- Swellow
- Shiftry
- Medicham (Mega)
- Aggron (Mega)
- Froslass

I think the Kalos region needs a brand new Pokémon game.
Kalos is an amazingggggggggg region and its so in fair it got 1 game!!!!!!!!!! :/

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
For XY :
- Greninja
- Talonflame
- Venusaur (Mega)
- Heliolisk
- Lucario (Mega)
- Hawlucha (HM slave)

For Alpha Sapphire :
- Blaziken (Mega)
- Linoone
- Sharpedo (Mega)
- Manectric (Mega)
- Gardevoir (Mega)
- Latios or Latias as HM slave (Can't remember which one).

Pokefan_1987

My team after defeating team flare's weapon

Xerneas
Delphox
Greninja
Sylveon
Noivern
Aegislash (Shiny)

I'm also leveling up a Dragonair and Charmeleon and a few others.

Pokefan_1987

ShadowForce720

My team in Pokémon Y was this:

Greninja
Talonflame
Venusaur(Mega)
Aegislash
Tyrantrum
Dragalge

Where as my team in Pokémon Omega Ruby was this:

Swampert(Mega)
Mightyena
Linoone
Pelipper
Breloom
Aggron(Mega)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Is this ur first gameplay for xy?
U r wonderful for playing this underrated and beautiful game

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
For Pokémon Y I ended up with the following team:
Delphox, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Tyrantrum & Yveltal
While in Pokémon OmegaRuby I used:
Mega Sceptile, Typhlosion, Mega Salamence, Mega Latios, Reshiram & Primal Groudon

As for memories:

OR: I remember having a blast retracing my steps throughout Hoenn trying to recreate the fun I had in my original play through in Sapphire all those years ago. It was a great experience seeing mega evolution being tied to the lore of Hoenn as well as having new mega evolutions to choose from. The delta episode was a nice addition to bring elements from Emerald into the game. This is the game I started dabbling back into competitive battling and Blissey bases made it really easy to get these Pokémon leveled up to 100. Overall it was a great experience and where I spent most of sixth generation experience.

Y: First off, the region is an amazing area to explore. However, the story is lackluster. I remember that this game was the first I had to put down for a bit before coming back and finish it later. The main issue is the build is super slow and the revelation of what Team Flare is actually trying to do comes late into the game. (I knew they were the bad team but I still don’t know why they were doing what they were doing.) The game leaned heavily on the new mega evolution mechanic which resulted in it having the smallest new Pokémon release (in fact, adding Tyrantrum to my team late because I only had one new Pokémon in the team at the time). This was the least fun I had out of all the new regions.

Overall, in my experience the sixth generation was a mixed bag. I enjoyed retracing my steps in Hoenn and nearly went back into the competitive world for the first time since HeartGold. My experience through Kalos left me with a lot to be desired which ORAS did remedy slightly. The big thing I base my experience of these games is if I would play them again. In the case of XY the answer is no while the answer is yes for ORAS.

Pokefan_1987

Is this ur first gameplay for xy?
U r wonderful for playing this underrated and beautiful game
No this is my 2nd

The storyline is actually good. I haven't been dilligent with capturing a lot of pokemon. I just power-leveled through most of the game.

treatyofversigh

My Omega Ruby team was: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Aggron, Manectric, Tropius, and Milotic. Tropius wasn't great but I wanted to try using one and I needed a Pokemon that could use Fly.
My X team was: Delphox, Florges, Pangoro, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, and Lapras.

Both teams were a lot of fun, I remember! For remakes, I try to use the new version of my original game and I choose the same starter I chose the first time around. I adored going through an updated version of Hoenn and was so excited to have contests back. I've never been a big Kalos fan, but I remember loving my team a lot, and customizing my trainer for the first time was a blast.

Vindicated30.6

I just beat Ramos in my replay of Y. Currently running with Aurorus, Charizard, Heracross, Malamar, and I'm waiting to evolve Helioptile and Floette until around level 50 when they learn their best moves.