• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 7 playthroughs? Any good memories?

TwilightBlade

I used Decidueye, Primarina, Incineroar, Vikavolt, Passimian and Lycanroc in Ultra Moon and Crabominable, Lycanroc, Lurantis, Drampa, Salazzle and Dhelmise in Ultra Sun.

Baggie_Saiyan

Deciduye in Moon, however in UM used Primarina and fell in love to the point she over took Decid as my fav starter, she was amazingly reliable in game she defeated Ultra Necrozma!!

Rest of the Moon team IIRC Toucanon, absolutely loved him and a cool signature move! Alolan Ninetales another gorgeous Pokemon had to get it traded over IIRC was Sun exclusive. Kommo-O just had an amazing design. Lycanroc was good early game but towards the end pettered I think I may have even replaced him!

Unrelated, after I finish Shield I plan to take a few months off Pokemon but will play through Sun felt like an age since I played these!

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
My Moon team was:
-Mudsdale
-Vikavolt
-Leafeon
-Sandslash (Alolan)
-Starmie*
-Salazzle**

*Replaced the Slowbro I initially had
**Replaced the Incineroar I initially had
I made these changes basically because I was annoyed by all my slow Pokemon. With Starmie and Salazzle I kicked way more *** than with the other two.

My Ultra Sun team was:
-Decidueye
-Primarina*
-Raichu (Alolan)
-Magmortar
-Bewear
-Archeops**

*Replaced the Lanturn I initially had, together with Raichu basically
**Replaced the Lycanroc (Midday) I initially had.

They mostly wrecked. I was not a fan of Magmortar in the end, but I had never used it or Electivire before so I wanted to try once.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
My second most recent game on SM, the original before USUM, would be...

Incineroar
Vikavolt
Shiinotic
Oranguru
Alolan Golem
Drampa

I think that some of you can tell that there appears to be a theme going with this team in that it tries to use the Pokemon's slow speed as an advantage. I'm talking about Tailwind and Trickroom. Drampa and Alolan Golem had full speed investment to make use of that surprise Tailwind attack and it is fun surprising the opponent and then you have Trick Room for Shiinotic, Vikavolt and Incineroar and Shiinotic especially is pretty dangerous with Strength Sap and Spore although due to the recent changes in USUM and SWSH, Strength Sap is no longer Shiinotic's signature move but I still love the zombie fairy mushroom guy. Outside of competitive use Shiinotic is pretty useful in the campaign due to access of spore and giga drain. Oranguru hits hard but may have to change his moves in the next games. Incineroar is perhaps by far the strongest. Unlike the last two playthroughs, this Incineroar has its hidden ability, Intimidate, granting it some decent bulk against physical hitters and can dish out some harmful attacks. Vikavolt strikes hard, boasting a massive special attack and the same goes with Alolan Golem and Drampa lol. I love Drampa's Berserk ability under tailwind. Hits like a truck.

juiccbox

Idiot Extraordinaire
One of the teams I have the most find memories with was actually my sun team, mainly because I tried a lot of Pokémon I never used before and learned a lot from it

Sun team
Cory the Decidueye
Pikaboo the Mimikyu
Courage the Golisopod (because of this team golisopod is my favorite bug type)
Colress the Magnezone
Stitch the Raichu
Calamari the Slowbro

Ultra Sun team (liked this team but not as much as Sun’s, but still had fun with em)
Eddy the Primarina
RICHARD II the Bewear (name context: I had a crobat named Richard on my team for awhile that was replaced with this one. he is his successor)
Sriracha the Salazzle
Lil Dude the Mimikyu
Reptar the Tyranitar
Peanut the Raichu

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Team i used on first Moon playthrough was

Decidueye
Alolan Raticate
Clefable
Bewear
Togedemaru
Midnight Lycanroc

Three things i remember sticking out about this team.

1. I never used Raticate before and i quite enjoyed using her Alolan form.
2. Midnight Lycanroc was a last minute choice on Poni Canyon because i couldn't think of anything else as my 6th member
3. Bewear destroys Everything

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
My first Moon playthrough team is:

Decidueye (L-61): Energy Ball, Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Brave Bird

Vikavolt (L-59): Thunderbolt, Acrobatics, Dig, X-Scissor

Ribombee (L-59): Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Toxic, Pollen Puff

Mudsdale (L-59): High Horsepower, Rock Tomb, Earthquake, Heavy Slam

Muk(A) (L-59): Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Crunch

Crabominable (L-57): Crab Hammer, Brick Break, Close Combat, Ice Punch

The team was pretty good throughout the game, though I didn't like how late Charjabug and Crabrawler evolved. Charjabug could get a pass since it isn't in the base stage and evolves before final trial. Plus Vikavolt is actually a good pokemon. I can't say the same for Crabominable though. It isn't that good what I thought it to be.

Mudsdale is just amazing. It can take many hits because of it's ability and has powerful attack to make sure it comes out on top when needed. Only drawback is it is very slow.

Muk is very helpful throughout the game. It has got good type combination. I enjoyed using it.

Ribombee was a surprise. I didn't thought it would be able to keep up with other pokemon as the level goes up. But it proved me wrong and was able to hold it's own in every battle it was in. Plus it has got speed which most most pokemon in Alola lack. I used that to my advantage whenever I had the need to attack fist.

I had mixed views towards decidueye. It had good attack and made sure to defeat it's opponent with one or two attacks, but it also wasn't able to take much hits from the opponent mostly. Still, it did it's job pretty decently in leading the team.

ScizorIsEpic

All-out Attacker
By far one of, if not, my favorite member of my party was my magnezone; I had them from the beginning of the game up to the end, my victory against Ultra Necrozma was a clutch one, only because my magnezone could just barely live on 1 HP and pull out a super strong thunderbolt. I love magnezone, and I always will.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm currently about to start a run of either Sun or Ultra Sun - probably the latter since it's a bit harder overall and has more post-credits content - using a team of the Alolan forms of Ninetails, Raichu, Muk, Cubone, and either Dugtrio or Golem (I like the latter better, but I don't have anyone to trade with so if I want it I have to stick to Sun - plus the Electric type redundancy with Raichu). The final slot will either be Alolan Exeggutor or Dragonite; I can't decide which one. Both have great stats, and the former fits the theme while the latter fits the aesthetic better, though it's obtained later in the game I believe.

Hoping to make some nice memories with my newest team in my favorite generation.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I've used Primarina, Salazzle and Tsareena in both Moon and Ultra Moon. I did also have an Electric-type on both teams (Raichu in Moon, Magnezone in Ultra Moon). I even used a different Lycanroc form in both playthroughs, Midnight in my original Moon and the event Dusk Lycanroc in Ultra Moon. The latter was one of the MVPs of my UM team, given he had a really good nature (Adamant) and destroyed almost everything even as a Rockruff.