• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Types do you believe are essential to your Team?

PinkPrincess

I'm magical
Dragon is always essential.

I find it always helps to have a fighting type and a dragon type on a team, because of general strength and move pool to those types.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
The two elements you ALWAYS PHISICALLY need for an adventure team to even exist are two: Water and Flying. For the rest, you can do whatever you want.

I vary a lot, but I always try to have at least either grass or electric. Though I usually go for grass 'cause there aren't many electric pokemon that I like. I almost always have a fire pokemon too.

As for the rest, it could be literally anything to me. I love to experience new kinds of pokemon together.

I'm addicted to having Pokemon that are weak against Electric on my team. So, bringing a Ground type Pokemon would be good. And bringing Pokemon that have Special and Physical moves. Never know when you may run into a Blissey.

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
The only type I believe is essential in my teams is Fighting. It helps a lot.
Anyway, I like to build my teams considering these types

- A fighting
- A flying
- A fire
- A ghost
- A bug
- Something else, maybe a psychic or steel

Why? Because these are the types I appreciate the most.
Screw grass, water, dragon, ground, electric, etc :p

The two elements you ALWAYS PHISICALLY need for an adventure team to even exist are two: Water and Flying.
Wrong statement is wrong. You do not need any of these types for a in-game team. There are non-flying Pokémon to learn Fly and non-water Pokémon to learn Surf.

Darkazure

Gentle Giant
I think water is a must have for any team simply because it has well rounded move pools and stats.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Types like Steel and Rock are always essential for my time since most of those pokemon are great at covering the offensive. Then, I would keep a Fire/Fighting, or Dragon type around for the casual offensive.

BearTown

He needs a tissue :(
ground. I play alot of a defensive game to save pokemon while slowly taking out urs. so I always try to get ground types and steel stypes because they typically have alot of defense

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
water, fire grass. Everything else is determined depending on which game I'm playing.

Nyula

i like razors
I'm a fan of Fire, Ice and Dark types so I always need at least one of those elements in the party. Ground, Fighting, Electric, Steel and Psychic type Pokemon/moves are very useful and everyone will use some of the types I mentioned.

Durbe

I'm tired
Flying types are my favourite and therefore important to me.
Other than that, I think either Water or Ice are important, too.
If I picked an offensive team, Dragon is definitely important.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Water and Flying are a must. Other than that it varies, although somehow I usually end up with a ground type on my team.

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
Water. I always have a water and dragon type handy.