• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What pokemon would Brock and Misty have if they continued travelling with Ash in every region?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Huh, it did better than I thought. I remember hearing that it was still one of Ash's worst pokemon, which is a shame. I like Torkoal and I like that it wasn't an obvious choice for the anime to use
At least he gave a good fight to registeel

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Just a fun little idea that crossed my mind:

If Brock and Misty continued travelling with Ash in every series, what would their teams be like by the end of the generation?

Here's how I would personally situate them in this scenario. I might also have to make a few alterations to their teams after Johto. Another rule is that past/current companions are still allowed to appear and travel alongside the trio like in their series; and as always beware of spoilers.

I would keep the story and teams as they ended off until this point.

I would still introduce May and Max and have them as recurring characters instead of travelling alongside the crew.

Ash: Team remains the same.
1) Pikachu
2) Tailow > Swellow
3) Treecko > Grovyle > Sceptile
4) Corphish
5) Donphan
6) Aipom

Others:
1) Torkoal (Leaves at Oak's lab before BF)
2) Snorunt > Glalie (Leaves at Oak's lab before BF)

Brock: He would be the first to rejoin Ash after his special episode, at the same time as he did originally. His team would receive a few changes. He would not get Ludicolo.
1) Foretress
2) Mudkip > Marshtomp > Swampert
3) Bonsly (Catches during BF)

Others:
1) Numel > Camerupt (Leaves at Pewter Gym before BF)

Misty: Would join after Brock following her respective special episode.
1) Togepi > Togetic (Would not release it)
2) Gyarados
3) Lotad > Lombre > Ludicolo (Instead of Brock getting it)
4) Mantyke (Catches during BF)

Others:
1) Wingull > Pelliper (Leaves at Cerulean Gym before BF)

May: She would be a recurring character. Her team remains mostly the same but with a few alterations.
1) Torchic > Combusken > Blaziken
2) Wurmple > Silcoon > Beautifly
3) Skitty > Delcatty
4) Bulbasaur > Ivysaur (Would later have evolved into Venusaur by DP)
5) Munchlax
6) Eevee (Would later have evolved into Glaceon by DP)

Dawn would still be introduced into the story but like May she would be a recurring character.

Ash: Would stay the same for the most part, except he wouldn't get Turtwig and keep Aipom.
1) Pikachu
2) Starly > Staravia > Staraptor
3) Aipom > Ambipom (Would keep instead of trading it to Dawn)
4) Chimchar > Monferno > Infernape (Too iconic to get rid of)
5) Buizel (Would catch instead of getting it from a trade)
6) Gible > Gabite (Would catch a lot earlier to give room for an evolution)

Brock: Would be the first to join Ash at around the same time like he did originally.
1) Bonzly > Sudowoodo
2) Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra (Would be put into far better use)
3) Croagunk (Too iconic)

Misty: Would join right after Brock.
1) Togetic > Togekiss
2) Mantyke > Mantine
3) Bidoof > Bibarel (Since it's also partially a water type, plus there are the memes.)
4) Hippopotas > Hippowdon (Mostly for the sake of variety and because it's based off of an aquatic animal.)

Dawn: Team would get a few alterations.
1) Piplup (Way too iconic for her character to change)
2) Bunneary > Lopunny
3) Pachirisu
4) Cyndaquil > Quilava (Would've caught it instead of hatching it to make more sense for an evolution, would also come back later in BW as a Typhlosion.)

I would keep Iris and Cilan as gym leaders and have the series act in a way that gives vibes to the original series like it did originally. Ash, Brock and Misty would travel to Unova simultaneously. I wouldn't give Ash a bunch of pokemon like he had originally, instead I would disperse them across each character.

Ash: Would stick to a team of only six pokemon instead of like the 10 he had by the end of the series.
1) Pikachu
2) Oshawott (Too iconic to evolve)
3) Tepig > Pignite > Emboar (Would evolve into Emboar right before the Unova League)
4) Snivy > Servine
5) Sandile > Krokorok > Kroocodile
6) Charizard (Would bring him back during the N arc like he did originally and battle against Reshiram)

Others:
1) Pidove > Tranqull > Unfezant (Would exchange for Charizard at Oak's Lab like he did originally)

Brock:
1) Sudowoodo
2) Roggenrola > Boldore > Gigalith
3) Dweble > Crustle
4) Scraggy > Scrafty (Would hatch instead of Ash)

Misty:
1) Togekiss
2) Tympole > Palpitoad > Seismitoad
3) Emolga
4) Ducklett (Would act like Psyduck)

I would still introduce Serena into the main crew but keep Clemont and Bonnie as supporting characters.

Ash: He would bring Charizard along as a followup to him coming back in BW. A few team changes, one thing that bothered me is that he had way too many flying types in the end.
1) Pikachu
2) Charizard > Mega Charizard Y (Always bothered me that he didn't get a Mega Evolution when it was so heavily promoted).
3) Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja > Ash Greninja (Way way way way way way way too iconic)
4) Skiddo > Gogoat (Felt like giving him one ride pokemon)
5) Hawlucha
6) Goomy > Sligoo > Goodra (Wouldn't release.)

Brock:
1) Sudowoodo
2) Chespin (Wouldn't evolve because I feel like it's a little too iconic being the Piplup/Oshawott of the region.
3) Tyrunt > Tyrantrum (Misty would get its counterpart, Amaura.)

Others:
Steelix > Mega Steelix (Would bring back for a couple of episodes just to mega evolve.)

Misty:
1) Togekiss
2) Binable > Barbaracle
3) Amaura > Aurorus (Brock would gets its counterpart, Tyrunt.)

Others:
Gyarados > Mega Gyarados (Would bring back for a couple of episodes just to mega evolve.)

Serena: Goal and team would remain the same.
1) Fennekin > Braixen (Too iconic to evolve into Delphox)
2) Pancham
3) Eevee > Sylveon

I'd change the whole school/sedentary plot and instead focus more on the adventuring aspect. The main characters like Mallow and Kiawe would still be introduced as Trial Captains. Lillie and Kukui would be recurring characters.

Ash: I find that Ash's team was already perfect so I wouldn't touch it.
1) Pikachu
2) Rowlet
3) Rockruff > Lycanroc Dusk Form (Too Iconic)
4) Litten > Torracat > Incineroar
5) Meltan > Melmetal

Others:
1) Poipole > Naganadel (Would release back into Ultra Space like he originally did).

Brock:
1) Sudowoodo
2) Alolan Geodude > Alolan Graveller > Alolan Golem (Would be a nice counterpart to his Kantonian Geodude)
3) Comfey

Misty:
1) Togekiss
2) Popplio > Brionne > Primarina
3) Dewpider > Aquanid

Still ongoing so were unsure how it's going to end, but for now we can speculate and change a few things to our liking. Would still introduce Go as a recurring character and keep the research fellows thing and exploring every region instead of being set in just Galar. Ash's goal of challenging the world champion would still remain.

Ash:
1) Pikachu > Gigantamax Pikachu
2) Haunter > Gengar > Gigantamax Gengar (Instead of being a wild Gengar, he'd get the one that he left as a Haunter at Saffron Gym).
3) Riolu > Lucario (Since the fan-base always wanted him to have Lucario, I decide to keep it.)
4) Grookey > Thwakey > Rillaboom > Gigantamax Rillaboom (An unpopular choice seeing as he might get Sobble, but personaly I find it to be the most appropriate.)
5) Rookiedee > Corvisquire > Corviknight > Gigantamax Corviknight (Since it's just such a popular pokemon)
6) A yet to be introduced Gen 8 pokemon. (Since expansions are a thing)

Others: Would focus on developing and further evolving his already caught reserves. More importantly, Greninja will return.

Brock:
1) Sudowoodo
2) Steelix
3) Rolycoly > Carkol > Coalosal > Gigantamax Coalosal
4) A yet to be introduced Gen 8 pokemon.

Others: His other pokemon at pewter gym would make recurring appearances.

Misty:
1) Togekiss
2) Gyarados
3) Sobble > Drizzle > Intelleon > Gigantamax Intelleon
4) A yet to be introduced Gen 8 pokemon.

Others: Her other pokemon at pewter gym would make recurring appearances.

Feel free to do this yourself, you don't have to go as wild as I did. How would you structure their teams in this case?

Another thing I'd like to add is that you don't have to limit Brock and Misty to just rock and water types, I just did that for simplicity.

Have fun.

I think yours is just perfect!!! In an alternate timeline, i truly believe this is how it would be. Definitely would make the Kalos, S/M and the Galar series more enjoyable to watch! After B/W i just couldn't get into the later Gens at all! I mean the Kalos saga had way better quality, but alot of the episodes were bland and boring and Serena was annoying to me! SUn/Moon don't even get me started. As for this new series, I know everyone else loves it but i can't get into this one either. The S/M anime style is not my cup of tea, and the Goh character is already a headache! I'm already tired of seeing him catch so many Pokemon each week and seeing only him under the Character Bio every Sunday on Serebii.net. No effort at all, already passed Ash's list of Pokemon he has, and that damn Rotom phone saying "......has been registered in your Pokedex!" Grates on my nerves!!! Does it have to say it everytime Goh catches a Pokemon???