• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Kingdra could work on its' Attack/Special Attack stats a bit.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So many. Regirock, Regice, Registeel. Ariados, Ledian, Butterfree, Noctowl, Meganium, Lanturn.

OmegaElectivire

Sinnoh Trainer
I'd like if they'd make most of Alolan Pokemon faster... They don't usually get to shine because of that. Especially Decidueye, Lycanroc (all forms). Most, if not all, grass starters need stat/movepool buffs. Torterra could use some buffs, Meganium could as well, because they end up underutilized. Serperior could use a better natural movepool, especially if you don't use Contrary... I have checked, and most, if not all, grass starters get lower stats than their fire and water companions. I almost always like their designs more, but it is usually not the best choice for stat/movepool capabilities.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Give Kyurem-B a physical Ice move, it's embarrassing how much a lack thereof is holding it back from what it should have been. Broken.

Give Florges an actual ability that works, not a gimmick that's not even good in doubles in which it was made for.

Infernape could use a speed increase too, power creep really caught up to it.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Delibird could do with a new ability. Its HA is Insomnia but it already has Vital Spirit which does the exact same thing. Refrigerate would be nice for it or even Snow Cloak. Honestly, anything is an improvement over having 2 identical abilities. Some stat buffs would be nice too as Delibird is overall mediocre at best.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Give Kyurem-B a physical Ice move, it's embarrassing how much a lack thereof is holding it back from what it should have been. Broken.

Freeze Shock and Ice Burn should just be 1-turn moves in Hail, just like Solar Beam and Solar Blade for sun. And give the Kyurem mergers a Primal Snow Warning ability or something to summon heavy hail, maybe by holding the white/black orbs.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Do species count?

Just buff Ice types. All of them. Some of them are fine on their own (Mamoswine, Weavile, Froslass, Glaceon) but most of them suck by having Stat distributions that are hindered by being an Ice Type. I don't know why they keep making slow defensive Ice Types when they don't work that well to begin with. Crabominal is meh at best and even with the buff Beartic got it still lacks in comparison to others.

Either buff the Pokemon (easy solution)

or

MAKE. ICE. TYPES. BETTER.

Zaide

Do species count?

Just buff Ice types. All of them. Some of them are fine on their own (Mamoswine, Weavile, Froslass, Glaceon) but most of them suck by having Stat distributions that are hindered by being an Ice Type. I don't know why they keep making slow defensive Ice Types when they don't work that well to begin with. Crabominal is meh at best and even with the buff Beartic got it still lacks in comparison to others.

or

I agree. The problem with the ice type is that it was introduced as a very powerful type, being strong against dragon types. The bad typing was kinda supposed to be made up by the Pokémon themselves and their utility - but that's obviously not the case. It has lost the "glass cannon" lore - if it ever had any.

I always thought hail should boost the defense of ice types, like sandstorm boosts the special defense of rock types. It just makes so much sense that I don't know why that's not a thing already, considering the hardness of ice increases as the temperature gets colder.

I also think there should be an ability that boosts the power of ice type moves under hail, either by 30% (like sand force) or 50% (to make up for just boosting 1 type instead of 3 like sand force), but that would only affect a few handful Pokémon.

Changing the type chart a little also makes sense, but the only change that would make sense to me is making ice SE against bug types (and maybe make ice resist bug). But bug is already and arguably the most awful type out there. Maybe give ice a normal resitance?

Overall it's unfortunate that the most logical solution comes from buffing the ice types on an individual basis.

raichu27

I think Stunfisk could get a new ability, since Electric Pokemon can't be paralyzed anymore.

I would also like to see Pokemon like Espeon, Tentacool/Tentacruel, Amaura/Aurorus(especially due to its higher Special Attack), Magearna, the lake guardian Pokemon, Phonie/Manaphy, and the Dratini evolution line to be able to learn Power Gem.

It would also nice to be able to see Heatran learn Scald, since hot water comes from some hot pipes.

I also think Heliolisk should be able to learn Sunny Day and Solarbeam since it's a solar Pokemon.

Lycanroc and Houndoom would also make a good Pokemon to learn Play Rough, since Mightyena can learn it.

I would also like to see Mega Houndoom get a boost in physical attack.

ThroughTheIris56

Meganium should get a lot more moves than it does:
Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, Ingrain, Giga Drain (via level up instead of breeding)
Rock Slide
Power Gem
Calm Mind
Bulk Up
Sleep Powder

It's always suffered from not having moves that other Grass types have, despite the fact they are very suitable both battle wise and the fact they fit Meganium's design/concept.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Do species count?

or

Ice is still a very good offensive type, there's plenty of popular pokémon that really don't like it. Ultra Necrozma, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence, Zapdos, Landorus, Garchomp, Naganadel, Latios, Lugia, Yveltal, Zygarde... Ice is perhaps the most popular Hidden Power type in the game for a reason, it just suffers a lot defensively and that holds it back tremendously. It also suffers a bit from Ice move coverage being very widespread among water types, which are defensively better. I would say screw logic and just give Ice an extra resistance or two, maybe to Fairy or Ghost.

Meganium should get a lot more moves than it does:
Leech Seed, Aromatherapy, Ingrain, Giga Drain (via level up instead of breeding)
Rock Slide
Power Gem
Calm Mind
Bulk Up
Sleep Powder

It's always suffered from not having moves that other Grass types have, despite the fact they are very suitable both battle wise and the fact they fit Meganium's design/concept.

I don't think it should necessarily get those. I'd say give it some different moves to make it find its own niche more. Sleep Powder just makes it tread more on Venusaur's territory, and defensive stall is something Mega Venusaur just does better, Venusaur gets the better typing and Thick Fat and can set up defensively with Amnesia and/or Curse and/or Leech Seed. I'd say buff Meganium by giving it a mega with Grass Pelt and extra bulk, Floral Healing as an egg move, and some other moves like Cotton Spore. In that case it could be a great supporter in doubles, setting up screens, setting up Grassy Terrain (it already gets that through breeding), giving speed control with Cotton Spore, healing its partner with Floral Healing, and so on. A bit like a bulky Comfey without priority.

Last edited:

ThroughTheIris56

I don't think it should necessarily get those. I'd say give it some different moves to make it find its own niche more. Sleep Powder just makes it tread more on Venusaur's territory, and defensive stall is something Mega Venusaur just does better, Venusaur gets the better typing and Thick Fat and can set up defensively with Amnesia and/or Curse and/or Leech Seed. I'd say buff Meganium by giving it a mega with Grass Pelt and extra bulk, Floral Healing as an egg move, and some other moves like Cotton Spore. In that case it could be a great supporter in doubles, setting up screens, setting up Grassy Terrain (it already gets that through breeding), giving speed control with Cotton Spore, healing its partner with Floral Healing, and so on. A bit like a bulky Comfey without priority.

I still think Sleep Powder makes a lot of sense, if Pokemon that is has higher attacking stats gets it, I think a Pokemon that is defensive should get status moves. Besides even if is Venusaur's territory there's nothing wrong with giving Meganium more options.

And everything you mentioned sound like cool ideas, but ideally it should have more to do than support in double battles.

Zaide

The problem with Meganium is that it's a balanced Pokémon, physically and specially, that is a bit more bulky than offensive, with average speed. Like most Pokémon with balanced stats and no way of boosting, it sucks. Even giving it more moves to improve its coverage, it will still suck. But if we assume changing hidden abilities is an option, I'd give it poison heal instead of leaf guard, as it does make a little sense. And I'd give it calm mind and/or bulk up as suggested above. These two changes would at least make it viable, both as a special or as a physical oriented Pokémon. Physically, it already has decent coverage with petal blizzard, earthquake, iron tail (accuracy sucks though) and outrage (because why the hell not), and the possibility of phasing with dragon tail. Specially is where it really sucks, though, having only giga drain and energy ball as viable moves (solarbeam if using a sun team). Ancient Power adds some coverage, but it's meh besides the 20% boost-everything. I really think it should have access to dazzling gleam and maybe psychic.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
And everything you mentioned sound like cool ideas, but ideally it should have more to do than support in double battles.

What's wrong with being a supporter in doubles? Plenty of pokémon shine in doubles as supporter. Pokémon like Amoonguss, Cresselia, Whimsicott, and Oranguru thrive on their supportive options.

ThroughTheIris56

What's wrong with being a supporter in doubles? Plenty of pokémon shine in doubles as supporter. Pokémon like Amoonguss, Cresselia, Whimsicott, and Oranguru thrive on their supportive options.

Nothing wrong with being able to do it, but since single battles are the norm it's good to have a role in them.
The problem with Meganium is that it's a balanced Pokémon, physically and specially, that is a bit more bulky than offensive, with average speed. Like most Pokémon with balanced stats and no way of boosting, it sucks. Even giving it more moves to improve its coverage, it will still suck. But if we assume changing hidden abilities is an option, I'd give it poison heal instead of leaf guard, as it does make a little sense. And I'd give it calm mind and/or bulk up as suggested above. These two changes would at least make it viable, both as a special or as a physical oriented Pokémon. Physically, it already has decent coverage with petal blizzard, earthquake, iron tail (accuracy sucks though) and outrage (because why the hell not), and the possibility of phasing with dragon tail. Specially is where it really sucks, though, having only giga drain and energy ball as viable moves (solarbeam if using a sun team). Ancient Power adds some coverage, but it's meh besides the 20% boost-everything. I really think it should have access to dazzling gleam and maybe psychic.

Yeah, honestly anything new would be a step forward would be an improvement.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Masqurain needs a boost and hopefully a mega evolution

I'd be careful with that. It already got a boost in SM and Quiver Dance + Baton Pass is a powerful combination that it can get away with thanks to Intimidate, it's bulkier than Ribombee and Venomoth at it.

Luthor

For me, I'd like to see Hypno get a buff. Its pendulum should really be a signature item (similar to how a thick club is for Marowak) which could be a buff. Though to be fair considering it's been 7 gens and they still haven't added one its most commonly associated moves (dream eater) to its level up moves I'm doubtful it will get a boost.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Ariados.

I know I sound like a broken record, but remove Swarm and give it an ability called Spider Sense that grants +1 priority to Bug-moves. It can even keep its current stats, I don’t care. But it cannot have low defenses AND speed, and expect to get in Sticky Web or its myriad of Bug-type moves. Agility and Swords Dance (Double Dance) are laughable on the thing. But a blessed ability would allow for a little more breathing room and team support. And it fits it flavor wise. Note that Ariados doesn’t get U-Turn.

Also, I’m always onboard for a Hypno boost, and the Pendulum item should increase the accuracy of its status moves 50%. That would give Hypnosis 90% accuracy and Thunder Wave would be reliable again. Or an ability that prolongs opponents’ sleep counters. But something; Hypno is ridiculously outclassed.