• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I have quite a few in mind:

-Regirock, Regice, Registeel: Please give them Recover. They were created from the land, why can't they use it to recover themselves (ex: Regice absorbing ice into its body to recover)? Call it Recover or Assimilate, whatever.
-Lumineon: The butterfly fish based pokemon deserves to learn Quiver Dance. It also should get a buff to its special attack.
-Onix/Steelix: Give them Coil. They are snake pokemon, and can clearly coil. Plus Coil + Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Aqua Tail would be a fun combo.
-Palossand: Shadow Sneak and/or Trick Room. It is one of the few ghosts types that can't learn either of these, and if Muk can learn Shadow Sneak, surely Palossand can (and they are in the same egg group). Also on this topic, they need to redo Water Compaction. Either have it grant immunity, or have it raise both defenses.
-Shiinotic/Parasect: Can they please give them both an HP buff? Their HP really keeps them from being a lot better.
-Corsola: Allow it to learn Baton Pass. The coral reef provides and helps a lot of other fish, which suits the baton pass style. Plus, it would give Corsola a niche of being able to pass a lot of great moves such as Barrier/Iron Defense, Aqua Ring, Amnesia, Ingrain, Calm Mind, and Rock Polish.
-Regigigas: Needs a hidden ability (that isn't Truant). Period.
-Lanturn: Tail Glow.
-Klinklang: Allow it to learn Zing Zap as well as Iron Head. It has so much potential but is held back by a crappy movepool. Rapid spin as well.
-Tropius: Please buff its attack, special attack, and speed.
-Walrein: Should be able to learn Slack off. It seems like it could learn it, and it shares an egg group with every pokemon that can learn it.
-Stunfisk: Replace Limber with Water Absorb. And either buff its special attack or allow it to learn Calm Mind. Also allow it to learn Roost (just for fun).

In addition to the moves I mentioned above, I have some to add:

Dustox: It didn't receive the 10 point boost like Beautifly did, which is weird. Give it +10 to either Defense or Special Defense
Swalot: Allow it to learn Slack Off. Its dex implies it is always yawning.
Whiscash: Needs a buff to either Attack, Defense, Special Defense, or Speed, or a combination. Also, allow it to learn Liquidation.
Claydol: Allow it to learn Shore Up
Drifblim: Allow it to learn Roost
Wigglytuff: +10 to Defense +10 to Special Defense +10 to Special Attack. Allow it to learn Calm Mind and Boomburst
Vileplume: Allow it to learn Spore
Dewgong: +10 to Attack and Special Attack or +10 to Defense and Special Defense. It needs something to differeniate itself from the other Water/Ice types, namely Lapras (who is bulkier than it and has better set up moves and Walrein who is bulkier and has better coverage). Replace Hydration with Slush Rush (based on its dex entries). Let it learn Bulk Up and Calm Mind as well as Dazzling Gleam.
Hypno: I saw someone suggest the idea of creating a Pendulum held item that only works for Hypno (like Thick Club for Marowak) that either doubles its special attack or increases its accuracy.
The former allows it to hit harder, but the latter allows it to better land Hypnosis, Swagger, and Focus Blast.
Musharna: Allow it to learn Moonblast
Maractus: Allow it to learn Baton Pass to pass off Cotton Guard, Acupressure boosts, Leech Seed, Growth, and Storm Drain increases
Vanilluxe: Allow it to learn Nasty Plot by breeding with Yamask and allow it to learn more Water moves and Aurora Veil
Gogoat: Allow it to learn Head Smash and Head Charge
Sliggoo: Allow it to learn Shell Smash
Guzzlord: Allow it to learn Recover

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Chimecho is one I'd like to see get a buff. Funny thing about Chimecho, a lot of people theorized that it was originally supposed to be a legendary Pokemon and I kind of see it due to the mystic nature of it and it embodies a lot of features that small psychic Pokemon like Jirachi and Celebi have.

aa_623

Like Grass and Bug need more types that resist them, they both already have seven different types that resist them. Fire, Poison, Flying, Steel, Ghost, Fairy, and Fighting for Bug types, and Fire, Poison, Flying, Steel, Dragon, Grass, and Bug for Grass types. Like, pick any other type but those two. Ghost, Fire, Water, Dark, Ground, Flying, anything would be better than Grass or Bug. The only saving grace for Grass right now is that it's good against Swampert and Kyogre, but for Bug there's like no saving grace whatsoever. Bug is resisted so much the majority of common Grass, Psychic, or Dark types aren't even weak to it. See Incineroar, Kartana, Yveltal, Metagross, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma Dusk Mane, Necrozma Dawn Wings, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, Breloom, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Alolan Muk...

Agreed. When fairy was first introduced I hoped it was resisted by grass and bug (fairies protect nature usually right?). It would've helped out both bug and grass, especially the since many are poison type too. But instead, fairy ended up resisting bug, though at least grass wasn't. I'd like to see that change at least. I'd love if bug resisted dark or psychic, but I doubt they'd let that happen.

As for ice, even just giving it a resistance to water would at least help out Mamoswine and Aurorus (who has 2 4x weaknesses and 4 2x weaknesses). A grass resistance would help a lot of the water/ice types as well, but grass also needs buffing haha

I'd personally would like to see most fully evolved pokemon to get base stat totals closer to 500. I do like the idea of some working in the mega buffs into the pokemon. Like maybe type changes (Ampharos being electric/dragon), abilities (Venusaur with thick fat), an actual evolution (Absol/Mawhile/Sableye), or stat increases.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Don't stare blindly on base stat totals. They don't matter as much as the distribution of stats, the movepool, the typing, the ability, and how that all fits into the meta and works together. Some pokémon like Minun with a base stat total of around 400 are more useful than Turtonator which is at 485. Togedemaru is at 435 yet it is more popular in VGC than Kartana, Bronzong, (Mega) Metagross, Celesteela, or Mewtwo. Pelipper is at 440 and is one of the most popular pokémon around in doubles environments that don't allow restricted legendaries. Araquanid is at 454 yet is one of the most powerful and underrated pokémon I've used in VGC-like competitions. Marowak is at 425 and is one of the most dangerous wallbreakers around with STAB Flare Blitz with a Thick Club.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Don't stare blindly on base stat totals. They don't matter as much as the distribution of stats, the movepool, the typing, the ability, and how that all fits into the meta and works together. Some pokémon like Minun with a base stat total of around 400 are more useful than Turtonator which is at 485. Togedemaru is at 435 yet it is more popular in VGC than Kartana, Bronzong, (Mega) Metagross, Celesteela, or Mewtwo. Pelipper is at 440 and is one of the most popular pokémon around in doubles environments that don't allow restricted legendaries. Araquanid is at 454 yet is one of the most powerful and underrated pokémon I've used in VGC-like competitions. Marowak is at 425 and is one of the most dangerous wallbreakers around with STAB Flare Blitz with a Thick Club.
Yeah, stat distribution is important. But movesets and abilities can be even more important, especially in doubles. Moreso in the current VGC format where you have a lot of heavy hitters that lack good support moves. Box legendaries don't tend to get tricks like fake out or tailwind all that often. So that slack is picked up with things like pelipper, or even togedemaru.

aa_623

Oh I didn't know that. Not one for VGC, so good to know!

Cloud5001

I love Pikachu so much, he's my favorite Pokémon and I will always use him, plus I know how to use him effectively. But with all that said, he also really needs his stats buffed. At least enough so I don't have to worry about losing him to a single hit all the time. Stuff like Pokémon amie or refresh has helped to fix that and I love that feature, but I would like to see buffs for his hp, defense, special defense, and speed specifically.

Luthor

I love Pikachu so much, he's my favorite Pokémon and I will always use him, plus I know how to use him effectively. But with all that said, he also really needs his stats buffed. At least enough so I don't have to worry about losing him to a single hit all the time. Stuff like Pokémon amie or refresh has helped to fix that and I love that feature, but I would like to see buffs for his hp, defense, special defense, and speed specifically.

That's fair. I mentioned it before but I also feel its movepool, in general, could do with a boost. Let's be honest the partner Pikachu, Cosplay Pikachu, Surf Pikachu, Ash Hat Pikachu (when it has Z-Move) are all quite fun to play as because you can use different moves from the normal.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In addition to the moves I mentioned above, I have some to add:

Dustox: It didn't receive the 10 point boost like Beautifly did, which is weird. Give it +10 to either Defense or Special Defense
Swalot: Allow it to learn Slack Off. Its dex entry implies it is always yawning.
Whiscash: Needs a buff to either Attack, Defense, Special Defense, or Speed, or a combination. Also, allow it to learn Liquidation.
Claydol: Allow it to learn Shore Up
Drifblim: Allow it to learn Roost
Wigglytuff: +10 to Defense +10 to Special Defense +10 to Special Attack. Allow it to learn Calm Mind and Boomburst
Vileplume: Allow it to learn Spore
Dewgong: +10 to Attack and Special Attack or +10 to Defense and Special Defense. It needs something to differeniate itself from the other Water/Ice types, namely Lapras (who is bulkier than it and has better set up moves and Walrein who is bulkier and has better coverage). Replace Hydration with Slush Rush (based on its dex entries). Let it learn Bulk Up and Calm Mind as well as Dazzling Gleam.
Hypno: I saw someone suggest the idea of creating a Pendulum held item that only works for Hypno (like Thick Club for Marowak) that either doubles its special attack or increases its accuracy.
The former allows it to hit harder, but the latter allows it to better land Hypnosis, Swagger, and Focus Blast.
Musharna: Allow it to learn Moonblast
Maractus: Allow it to learn Baton Pass to pass off Cotton Guard, Acupressure boosts, Leech Seed, Growth, and Storm Drain increases
Vanilluxe: Allow it to learn Nasty Plot by breeding with Yamask and allow it to learn more Water moves and Aurora Veil
Gogoat: Allow it to learn Head Smash and Head Charge
Sliggoo: Allow it to learn Shell Smash
Guzzlord: Allow it to learn Recover
You have to have a shell of some sort to get Shell Smash.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though I do like Misdreavus being the first pure Ghost Pokemon, I feel adding the Fairy type would've fit it perfectly since it's a banshee that evolves into a witch.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Give Delcatty the same BST as Liepard (446). Boost Delcatty's Speed (+20), Special Attack (+20) and Special Defense (+6).

Delcatty has an awesome ability with Wonder Skin but you can't do much with it because its base stats are so awful.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Since Megas are gone now, Charizard needs a serious buff to make it less of a joke in competitive. I've always hated how one of my favorite 'mons has always been pretty much useless outside story mode, and it seems like that's gonna be a thing again without 'Zard X.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Since Megas are gone now, Charizard needs a serious buff to make it less of a joke in competitive. I've always hated how one of my favorite 'mons has always been pretty much useless outside story mode, and it seems like that's gonna be a thing again without 'Zard X.
Wasn't Zard Y the preferred form in competitive? X is a great Dragon Dancer, but Y hits like a truck on turn one.

Well, regardless of whether it gets other buffs, at least Dynamax will make it easy for Charizard to make use of its Hidden Ability.

A change in things like Stealth Rock mechanics could also benefit it indirectly (not that we have any reason to think it will happen, but hope springs eternal).

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Wasn't Zard Y the preferred form in competitive? X is a great Dragon Dancer, but Y hits like a truck on turn one.

Well, regardless of whether it gets other buffs, at least Dynamax will make it easy for Charizard to make use of its Hidden Ability.

A change in things like Stealth Rock mechanics could also benefit it indirectly (not that we have any reason to think it will happen, but hope springs eternal).

Fair enough, but Zard Y's massive power was enough to justify the risk. Plus, Drought helped mitigate one of the Zard's biggest type disadvantages. Regular Zard just isn't that good on its own; it needs some sort of buff to keep it afloat.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Sliggoo has a shell. I figured it could learn it, and then pass it on when it evolves into Goodra.
Sligoo does not have a shell. It merely appears to have one. It is called the Soft Tissue Pokemon, as that is what it is made of entirely.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Sligoo does not have a shell. It merely appears to have one. It is called the Soft Tissue Pokemon, as that is what it is made of entirely.

Whether it is made of mucus or not, it resembles a shell, and for all we know, serves the same purpose. If Gamefreak gave Sliggoo the ability to use Shell Smash, they could easily justify it by saying it breaks the mucus like shell on its back to increase its speed and power, but lower its defense.

Cloud5001

That's fair. I mentioned it before but I also feel its movepool, in general, could do with a boost. Let's be honest the partner Pikachu, Cosplay Pikachu, Surf Pikachu, Ash Hat Pikachu (when it has Z-Move) are all quite fun to play as because you can use different moves from the normal.

Oh yeah hopefully there's an easy way to give him Iron-tail again in Sword and shield. I loved that it was a move tutor option.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
From what we know about dynamaxing so far Charizard is one of the last pokémon to need a buff, dynamaxing could turn Charizard into something way more powerful than Mega Charizard Y ever was. Max Flare sets up sunlight, and Solar Power Charizard has more special attack than Mega Charizard Y. And because max moves are more powerful than regular moves, depending on the power of the base move, it'd also have way higher base power moves than Mega Charizard Y. Run it with a base move like Blast Burn, get an extra bulk boost from dynamaxing to help you survive your setup, and you're looking at a massive weapon of destruction. Solar Power + sunlight + STAB + very high base power moves, when you're stacking that many boosts together you're looking at something that can potentially KO pokémon resisting fire in a single hit. For example:

252 Sp.Atk Solar Power Charizard Max Flare (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Sp.Def Gyarados in Sun: 151-178 (88.8 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

There are probably very few pokémon that are benefitting as much from dynamaxing as Charizard will. I reckon a pokémon like Tyranitar barely benefits at all because the side effects from its Max moves don't benefit it.

Last edited: