• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Girafarig could use a buff. Actually to be specific, it could use a lot of buffs to define a more clearer playstyle. I'm not really sure what it does but I think making it into a decent physical psychic Pokemon would be great.

Julia Artemis

Honestly Girafarig needs a Galarian form (Psychic/Dark) and an evolution. Really would love it to actually become an actual Giraffe and I don't think it's typing currently works with it's duality theme. Psychic/Dark makes more sense. Also with Oranguru existing it completely outclasses it in everyway. I don't think all gen 2 Pokemon need a massive overhaul but our faux giraffe friend definitely does

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Honestly Girafarig needs a Galarian form (Psychic/Dark) and an evolution. Really would love it to actually become an actual Giraffe and I don't think it's typing currently works with it's duality theme. Psychic/Dark makes more sense. Also with Oranguru existing it completely outclasses it in everyway. I don't think all gen 2 Pokemon need a massive overhaul but our faux giraffe friend definitely does
A Galarian form is cool and all but it needs much more than that considering it's below mediocre stats like some kind of game-changer ability.

Julia Artemis

Yeah as I said it needs both a Galarian form and an evolution like What happened with Linoone. Though Linoone is still better than Girafarig because of Belly Drum, Extreme Speed and Last Resort

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I know this will NEVER happen, but can they give Cosmog and Cosmoem at least one attacking move? Psywave, Stored Power, something. It bothers me that Gamefreak deliberately make two pokemon (legendaries at that) that literally cannot function in battle. Like what is the purpose?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
If Attract worked on same sex Pokémon, it would only have a small chance of being successful since it’s very unlikely that a Pokémon can be gay/lesbian/bi/whatever. They could make a chance of Pokémon being gay, but not very sure that would be approved by GameFreak because there are people such as me who wouldn’t approve.
This ties in that it’s less likely for a non-human Living thing to be homosexual.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
They wouldn't have to go as far as making the Pokemon gay, lol definitely not asking for that. The idea is that the move would work the same on every Pokemon regardless if it's male of female. It would be huge buff to the move, and would make it 10 times more annoying to deal with. If anything they could balance it out by nerfing the accuracy, and of course continue to still fail when used on a non gendered Pokemon.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Sorry that I interpreted it that way. Now that you put it that way, it would work if they made Attract work on unknown gender Pokémon and maybe if people want it to work on same gender Pokémon, it could do that maybe at a low percent maybe 5-10% of the time. Maybe like you said make it less accurate, maybe 75-80% or less.

D*N

Musical Star
...but not very sure that would be approved by GameFreak because there are people such as me who wouldn’t approve.
Should I inform you that Gamefreak has already sprinkled some LGBT references throughout the later games without any big fuss? ;)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yes, and something I want to point out is that I suspect the reason why Wimpod and Golisopod have Abilities that function the same but have two different names is on the chance someone might want to differentiate them in the future. They could make changes to Wimp Out and not Emergency Exit or vice versa. (It might be weird to change Wimp Out, but they may be given to other Pokémon in the future, they may discover something about Wimpod that would improve it if its Ability is slightly changed, or something that changes about Emergency Exit may cause problems if applied to Wimpod.)

Golisopod feels like one of those Pokémon that's just barely on the cusp of being a staple in people's teams, if it could have something different about it. I quite like Golisopod too, so I'm glad it's coming back for Sword and Shield. But I get the feeling they're going to tweak Emergency Exit somehow. Not sure how though. (I proposed on TV Tropes that perhaps Golisopod is allowed to switch in and attack on the same turn once per battle, though that might make it too good.)

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Regigigas Slow Start should not nerf its defensive stats. With the power creep from Generation 5 onwards, I think that Slow Start should just half the attack/special attack stats for five turns.

Kingudora

My favourite
I wish that Slow Start had some kind of reward for enduring those 5 turns, like raising all stats or restoring HP to full.