• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I agree with the Pidove line. They should get Peck, Drill Peck, Brave Bird and a new physical Flying-type move.

Also Swanna should get a boost too. Especially in the defenses and Special Attack. And some more speed.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I feel Abilities should be the main focus instead of stats and moves, since there are 129 common species with two Abilities, and a few species with single common Ability(Furfrou, Turtonator, Gengar etc.) and next generation's gimmick will likely focus on Abilities.

In terms of stats, I can only think a few species that will be relevant in DPPt remakes, like Purugly, Skuntank, Toxicroak, Rapidash etc.

In terms of moves, I'm most concerned about whether they will finally increase the total amount of TMs or not, otherwise it would take until the Move Tutors to see significant movepool changes. But there are a few obvious ideas posted here, most from Unova.

Edit: My old idea was something like this
  1. Bibarel: +10, BST: 410->420.
  2. Mothim/Wormadam: +30, BST: 424->454
  3. Pachirisu: +30, BST: 405->435
  4. Sunflora: +40, BST: 425->465
  5. Purugly: +25, BST: 452->477
  6. Venomoth: +30, BST: 450->480
  7. Sudowoodo: +50, BST: 410->460
  8. Dewgong: +30, BST: 475->505
  9. Garbodor: +25, BST: 474->499
  10. Girafarig: +30, BST: 455->485
  11. Stantler: +20, BST: 465->485
  12. Aromatisse: +20, BST: 462->482
  13. Ludicolo/Shiftry: +10, BST: 480->490
  14. Swoobat: +30, BST: 425->455
  15. Gothitelle/Reuniclus: +10, BST: 490->500
  16. Golem: +20, BST: 495->515
  17. Beheeyem :+20, BST: 485->505
  18. Spiritomb: +30, BST: 485->515
I suppose you can add Gastrodon and Munchlax/Riolu into the mix.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think Toxicroak needs anything. If I'm not mistaken it's top 30 in VGC Sun series right now. Admittedly, that's also because Kyogre and Xerneas are popular, and Toxicroak has physical poison moves to cover Xerneas, a water immunity, Feint, Fake Out,and Low Kick to somewhat cover Incineroar.

Scammel

I've always been quite content with disparities among individual species, but the imbalance between types has become quite glaring, and it doesn't take many brain cells to figure out that redressing the types will also do wonders for many weaker unfortunates.

- Straight-up reverse the Bug/Fairy interaction. Probably the most uncontroversial shift imaginable, thematically fitting with Fairy's 'icky' weaknesses and gives some of the game's worst Pokémon utility against some of the best.

- More defensive utility for Rock. My first instinct would be to remove the Fighting weakness, but this would leave Fighting in a pretty poor spot given it already struggles with the ubiquitous Fairies.

- More defensive utility for Ice. I would probably just remove the Rock weakness - Rock is already great on the offense and halving Stealth Rock damage would go a long way. I'm actually pretty comfortable to leave it at that, too, as Ice seems to be a glass cannon typing by deliberate design.

Ashrynn

I think the first three generations of pokemon would need the most help in keeping up with the new meta. Some I would really like to see get more love would be:

Gen 1 - Rapidash(Ability/Stats/Mega), Dewgong(Mega), Farfetch'd(Evolution), Arbok(Stats/Mega)
Gen 2 - Starters(Megas), Dunsparce(Evo/Mega), Girafarig(Evolution/Mega)
Gen 3 - Zangoose/Seviper(Stats/Evos/Megas), Flygon(Mega)

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
There are a ton of Pokemon mentioned on this thread that definitely need help. I agree with buffing Bug and Ice types in general. Dunsparce needs an evolution! I'd also like Unown to gain some utility (for some reason it is one of my favorite Pokemon). Give the poor thing more moves besides Hidden Power and boost its stats.

A possible Unown revision moveset:
Hidden Power (Unown should also get an ability that boosts this move, since Hidden Power is the signature move)
Psybeam
Psywave
Calm Mind (PLEASE!)
Psychic (naturally)
Future Sight
Glare (it has a giant eye, soooo)
Recover (healing move necessary)
Cosmic Power (Defense boost!!!)
Skill Swap (switching abilities would be amazing utility)
Reflect
Psychic Fangs (more Pokemon need this move besides Bruxish, Lillipup, Carvanha and Girafarig... Plus the idea of Unown materializing fangs out of energy is amusing)
Miracle Eye (so it can attack Dark types)
Mirror Coat

Stat Revision:
HP: 70
Attack: 85
Defense: 60
Sp. Atk: 85
Sp. Def: 75
Speed: 70
BST: 445

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Give Dunsparce two evolutions and some nice stat increases and it'll become useful. Maybe boost movepool as well. There are so many Pokemon that could use help.

Edit to Unown's stat revision:
HP: 80
Attack: 80
Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 90
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 75
BST Total: 470

Last edited:

Zaide

I want Wigglytuff to get a stat improvement. Though, I'm not sure how to do that without making it too similar to Clefable...
If the idea is to bring Wigglytuff to the same BST as Clefable (so a 48 BST boost, which is obviously enormous, but well), I'd go something like +30 special attack and +18 defense. Would Make competitive a bit more useful.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
If the idea is to bring Wigglytuff to the same BST as Clefable (so a 48 BST boost, which is obviously enormous, but well), I'd go something like +30 special attack and +18 defense. Would Make competitive a bit more useful.
On board with this idea. Defense would be good!

Nodame

Misty <3
Corsola. I like its design. I used it in my Ultra Sun play through and barely survived a fight. It’s so weak it’s sad. Either give it an evolution or do something please..

Nockturne

Onix could do with an attack boost, I know it evolves but thats not always avaliable to people and its current stats make it hard to use just on a normal playthrough. Also it just doesn't makes sense for it to have such low Attack considering its physicality.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I know it evolves but that's not always available to people and its current stats make it hard to use just on a normal playthrough. Also it just doesn't make sense for it to have such low Attack considering its physicality.
Agreed on so many levels. I've never been able to get Steelix as there is no one around me to trade with. And Onix looks like it should be physically strong.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think Onix is fine in-game if you use it in more of a physical defensive way. 160 base defence with Eviolite is incredibly bulky even with relatively few hitpoints. Use moves like Bind, Sand Tomb, and Sandstorm to inflict damage over time and stall the enemy out. It can also be used more as a defensive setup pokémon, it can set up Stealth Rock and weaken enemy bosses (like strongest Gym Leader pokémon) with Screech or Rock Tomb. It has the bulk to get away with it, and once the enemy's stats are down another pokémon can come in and finish the job. There are several other pokémon I've had far more trouble using in a normal playthrough, like Noibat. Noibat's stats are just so poor and it evolves so late it's effectively useless in a playthrough. A pokémon like Rattata evolves much earlier, has better speed and offensive stats, and gets Hyper Fang quite early on to get some solid damage, but Noibat gets nothing of that. A pokémon like Beedrill has better bulk, much better offensive power, better bulk, better speed, and is already in the Beedrill stage by level 10.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Komala needs a bit of a buff in the form of a reliable recovery move. Maybe a signature one that allows it to regain health that involves its log somehow.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Here are some TMs for my Unown boost idea:
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Tri Attack
Dream Eater
Nightmare
Fire Blast
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Giga Drain
Blizzard
Thunder
Solarbeam
Return
Frustration
Protect
Light Screen
Toxic
Calm Mind

Poke Trainer J

I'd like to see the majority of NU and UU Pokémon be on par with Mega Evolved Pokémon in terms of base stats, abilities, and moves even though the Alolan Forms were a step in the right direction to some degree. Mega Evolutions were already bad enough in Gen 6 but then Nintendo / Game Freak had to add more power creep to competitive battles with Ultra Beasts in Gen 7. At least the meta in Gen 4 was relatively balanced until we got Dream World Ability Pokémon in Gen 5 which didn't last long.