• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

DaijobuPlease

How would you want it to be buffed? Because it is pretty strong as it is and Multiscale is a really good Ability.

Haha I know, its my favorite pokemon! So i was just saying its the pokemon i want to get even more buff my friends hate my dragonite and made a whole team just to take it out! So maybe an even more tankier Dragonite

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've seen Drifblim being used from time to time. It's often a Tailwind setter with a Psychic seed in doubles together with Tapu Lele. Lele Protects and Drifblim is very fast in setting Tailwind thanks to Unburden, and then Tapu Lele can unleash terror with fast powerful hits. Drifblim can then also offer weather support, use Memento, or moves like Will-O-Wisp to help Tapu Lele last longer. It's a strong support pokémon. In the singles format I usually see it being used as a Baton Passer with moves like Minimize, Amnesia, and Stockpile, often with some kind of berry like Sitrus or Iapapa to make use of Unburden and extend its setup window. I wonder if Roost would make it too good with all the setup potential it already has. Air Slash is an option it could get, I guess it could flinch-hax with it, but I don't see it being used a lot because Drifblim's strengths don't lie in being offensive.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I've seen Drifblim being used from time to time. It's often a Tailwind setter with a Psychic seed in doubles together with Tapu Lele. Lele Protects and Drifblim is very fast in setting Tailwind thanks to Unburden, and then Tapu Lele can unleash terror with fast powerful hits. Drifblim can then also offer weather support, use Memento, or moves like Will-O-Wisp to help Tapu Lele last longer. It's a strong support pokémon. In the singles format I usually see it being used as a Baton Passer with moves like Minimize, Amnesia, and Stockpile, often with some kind of berry like Sitrus or Iapapa to make use of Unburden and extend its setup window. I wonder if Roost would make it too good with all the setup potential it already has. Air Slash is an option it could get, I guess it could flinch-hax with it, but I don't see it being used a lot because Drifblim's strengths don't lie in being offensive.

I personally don't think Roost will make it too good. Drifblim has huge HP that is offset by its poor poor defenses. It usually can only take two hits before it goes down. Roost will give it a niche to call its own, a super bulky set up mon with reliable recovery. It is what Drifblim needs, no, deserves.

LeHarrt

I would like for Mismagius to get a buff with possibly adding the Fairy typing and even getting a hidden ability (Magic Guard/ Magic Bounce, as its the Magical Pokemon) or an evolution whether it be a mega or a new form of evolution.

Also I would like to see some of the Starters get new hidden abilities like Meganium, Empoleon, Toterrra, Delphox.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I would like for Mismagius to get a buff with possibly adding the Fairy typing and even getting a hidden ability (Magic Guard/ Magic Bounce, as its the Magical Pokemon) or an evolution whether it be a mega or a new form of evolution.

Also I would like to see some of the Starters get new hidden abilities like Meganium, Empoleon, Toterrra, Delphox.
I really wish they'd added Fairy onto the Misdreavus line. I can't see a reason not to, since they're banshees and all. Also, can we get Mismagius' physical side to say, 80HP/80Atk/80Def so it's not so easily taken out? Maybe give 'em back a unique move (Psywave and Pain Split used to be signature to them). This definitely isn't personal bias speaking.

LeHarrt

I really wish they'd added Fairy onto the Misdreavus line. I can't see a reason not to, since they're banshees and all. Also, can we get Mismagius' physical side to say, 80HP/80Atk/80Def so it's not so easily taken out? Maybe give 'em back a unique move (Psywave and Pain Split used to be signature to them). This definitely isn't personal bias speaking.

Haha yes agreed, a buff to those stats would be great. Again its one of those pokemon that requires an item you get late in game to evolve but is outclassed.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Archen and Archeops really need either a HA or second one. Defeatist is a really horrible Ability when you compare it to others such as Gluttony or even Run Away. Give these fossils Intimidate especially to Archeops which is could be threatening to look at to much smaller Pokémon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Archen and Archeops really need either a HA or second one. Defeatist is a really horrible Ability when you compare it to others such as Gluttony or even Run Away. Give these fossils Intimidate especially to Archeops which is could be threatening to look at to much smaller Pokémon.

Archeops with Intimidate would be horribly broken. Intimidate on U-Turn mons is already very strong, but on a fast pokémon like Archeops that's insane. It'd become a Landorus with a lot more speed, STAB on its Rock Slide (which flinches easier due to Archeops's superior speed), Tailwind access, and no 4x weakness to ice.

DannyDark

Honestly I'd want Misdreavus to get a split evolution.. Because Mismagius is ugly as hell.
And alongside that it'd then have a more viable evolution to use at least.

Orphalesion

Honestly I'd want Misdreavus to get a split evolution.. Because Mismagius is ugly as hell.

Well, I don't agree on Mismagius being ugly, but if we accept the ugliness of a Pokemon's evolution reason enough for a split evolution, the Onix really, really, REALLY, needs one :p

Though I'm all for split evolutions in general, I love them and so why not, let's have Misdreavus and Onix both have a split evo.

What typing would you want for the Mismagius alternative? Ghost/Dark? Ghost/Fairy? Ghost/Psychic?

LeHarrt

Well, I don't agree on Mismagius being ugly, but if we accept the ugliness of a Pokemon's evolution reason enough for a split evolution, the Onix really, really, REALLY, needs one :p

Though I'm all for split evolutions in general, I love them and so why not, let's have Misdreavus and Onix both have a split evo.

What typing would you want for the Mismagius alternative? Ghost/Dark? Ghost/Fairy? Ghost/Psychic?

Could utilise the other stones and use Dawn Stone for Ghost/Psychic and Shiny Stone for Ghost/ Fairy

Notm

There's a few Pokemon I can think of that very badly need something to make them better than they are. Here are some that haven't already been mentioned in the thread:

Gen 1:
Fearow - Could either use a regional varient or a +20 increase to it's Attack
Arbok - Regional Varient or +10 Attack & +10 Speed
Parasect - Honestly? Introduce an ability for mushroom based attacked (Strength Sap, Spore etc) to have priority. Only Parasect and Shiinotic get it
Venomoth - Give +10 Sp Atk and +10 Speed
Persian: +10 Attack
Alolan Person: +10 Sp.Atk
Golem - Solid Rock for Ability
Farfetch'd: Literally anything, but I'd go with evolution similar to the one we saw here
Hypno: +20 in Sp.Atk

Gen 2:
Johto starters should all get mega evolutions
Furret - Hustle for Ability, + 10 Atk
Ledian - +40 Atk. This doesn't quite *fix* Ledian, but I'm not sure if anything can besides a Mega.
Ariados: I can't quite figure out how to improve a pokemon known mainly for trapping and placing hazards. More defence?
Shuckle: Should have a form/ability to halve it's defences for greater attack and speed. Shell Smash kind of does this, but it's stats are still bad.
Corsola: They went the right direction increasing it's defences, but I still think another +20 in both Defence and Sp.Def makes this thing a true wall

Gen 3:
Dustox: +20 Def, +20 Sp Atk
Shedinja: I could make a whole thread about why Shedinja's gimmick is well overdue for a change, but the crux of it comes down to: Shedinja either needs more HP to withstand hazards like Stealth Rock or Sandstorm OR Wonder Guard is buffed to *only* take damage from super effective moves. Personally, I think it could have 20 HP where stealth rock takes 5 damage, Sandstorm, Spikes and Hail take 3 damage and Burn and Toxic work as per usual. Oh and +20 to Atk and Speed
Delcatty: Mega or Regional Form
Claydol: +10 to both Atk and Sp.Atk
Castform: Add a Sandstorm varient and +20 Sp.Atk

Will continue the other gens in a later post!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And alongside that it'd then have a more viable evolution to use at least.
I prefer Misdreavus' design to Mismagius', but if we're talking split evos, I want one for Shelgon. A Dragon/Steel type that keeps its shell instead of evolving to fly. Never really cared for Salamence.

And then give Weepibell a split evo into pure Poison to mimic Gloom into Bellossom with Pure Grass.

Give the Johto starters Megas. If Hoenn got them, why not Johto? The later gen starters don't need them, but the Johto starters do.

LeHarrt

I prefer Misdreavus' design to Mismagius', but if we're talking split evos, I want one for Shelgon. A Dragon/Steel type that keeps its shell instead of evolving to fly. Never really cared for Salamence.

And then give Weepibell a split evo into pure Poison to mimic Gloom into Bellossom with Pure Grass.

Give the Johto starters Megas. If Hoenn got them, why not Johto? The later gen starters don't need them, but the Johto starters do.

I like the Weepinbell split evo, would be interesting.
and at the point the Johto starters need megas, and better movepools but can we push it at least to Sinnoh starters too :)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What kind of moves would you give Feraligatr? As far as I can tell it does quite well with Dragon Dance + Sheer Force + Life Orb sets, using moves like Liquidation, Ice Punch, and Crunch. And all of those get a Sheer Force boost. It ranked 21st in January's Simple Symphony competition, usually running such a set (although some omit Crunch for Aqua Jet). It ranked higher than pokémon like Azelf, Chansey, and Alakazam.