• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon would you like to see get buffed?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Please for the love of Gawd, buff Dunsparce. Seriously. It gets no love.

Also, kind of want to see an actual Pinsir evolution instead of a Mega. Scyther got Scizor, so why can't Pinsir buff up?

Also, please buff Ledian. Give it another evolution, stat boost, anything.

While not a buff, a Heracross pre-evo would be cute.
Poor, poor Dunsparce. You have a unique design but even Mystery Dungeon acknowledges you desperately need a buff.

9Wo8pH6.jpg

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Retype Masquerain and bring it’s Water typing. Bug/Flying is atrocious, for crying out loud Masquerain’s head looks like a water drop and both it’s Japanese and English name have rain in it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think some Pokémon deserve changes to theirs Abilities like Gengar had. Delibird needs either Vital Spirit or Insomnia replaced because they are literally the same Ability under different names. Ice Body seems to be a better fit. Hitmontop definitely needs Intimidate replaced by Own Tempo. And give some Pokémon either a second or hidden Ability or even both such as the Archen line, and Regigigas.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think some Pokémon deserve changes to theirs Abilities like Gengar had. Delibird needs either Vital Spirit or Insomnia replaced because they are literally the same Ability under different names. Ice Body seems to be a better fit. Hitmontop definitely needs Intimidate replaced by Own Tempo. And give some Pokémon either a second or hidden Ability or even both such as the Archen line, and Regigigas.
Intimidate is one of Hitmontop’s greatest assets though

Kingudora

My favourite
As a general buff, I would like if all starters had the same BST to level the playing field (320/420/535 for each stage).
  • Raichu
    HP: 60 -> 70
    Atk: 90 -> 100
    Def: 55 -> 65
    Sp. Atk: 90 -> 100
    Sp. Def: 80
    Speed: 110
    BST: 485 -> 525
    For being the evolution of Pikachu, Raichu has a rather low BST. This stat buff gives Raichu a slightly better bulk and attacking stats.

• Alolan Raichu
    HP: 60 -> 70
    Atk: 85 -> 95
    Def: 50 -> 60
    Sp. Atk: 95 -> 105
    Sp. Def: 85
    Speed: 110
    BST: 485 -> 525
    A buff to mirror regular Raichu.

• The Hitmon trio:
    Hitmonlee
    HP: 50 -> 70
    Atk: 120
    Def: 53 -> 63
    Sp. Atk: 35
    Sp. Def: 110
    Speed: 87 -> 97
    BST: 455 -> 495

• Hitmonchan
    Atk: 105
    Def: 79 -> 99
    Speed: 76

• Hitmontop
    Atk: 95
    Def: 95
    Speed: 70 -> 90
    All of them get higher HP for a bit better bulk. Lee gets a little better defense and speed. Chan now has the highest defense of the three, making it actually the ''Defense-focused'' Hitmon. Top gets a buff in Speed, so that it's attack and defense is still balanced but also not higher than other two.

• Sunflora
    HP: 75
    Atk: 75
    Def: 55 -> 85
    Sp. Atk: 105 -> 135
    Sp. Def: 85 -> 95
    Speed: 30
    BST: 425 -> 495
    Ah, Sunflora. I actually like Sunflora, but Game Freak seems to overlook this happy-go-lucky sunflower. This buff gives it more bulk and a special attack not to be trifled with. Also, can they give Sunflora a fitting Fire-type attack? Please.

• Dunsparce
    HP: 100
    Atk: 70 -> 95
    Def: 70 -> 95
    Sp. Atk: 65 -> 75
    Sp. Def: 65 -> 75
    Speed: 45
    BST: 415 -> 485
    Dunsparce is also a seemingly overlooked pokémon that could use some love. Short of getting an evolution, this is a buff I could consider for it. Also, I think it would be more fitting if it was Normal/Ground, but I don't think GF would do that.

• Swalot
    HP: 100
    Atk: 73
    Def: 83
    Sp. Atk: 73 -> 103
    Sp. Def: 83
    Speed: 55
    BST: 467 -> 497
    Yeah, Swalot. This is a simple buff that brings Swalot to a BST on a similar level as Muk, while also getting an usable attacking stat.

• Torkoal
    HP: 70
    Atk: 85 -> 95
    Def: 140
    Sp. Atk: 85 -> 95
    Sp. Def: 70
    Speed: 20
    BST: 470 -> 490
    This is definitely a bit biased, since Torkoal is one of my favorite pokémon. But it is nothing too crazy, just a slight buff to its attacking stats.

• Lunatone
    HP: 90
    Atk: 55
    Def: 65 -> 75
    Sp. Atk: 95 -> 105
    Sp. Def: 85 -> 95
    Speed: 70
    BST: 460 -> 490

• Solrock
    HP: 90
    Atk: 95 -> 105
    Def: 85 -> 95
    Sp. Atk: 55
    Sp. Def: 65 -> 75
    Speed: 70
    BST: 460 -> 490
    These actually got a buff in Gen 7, but these are the buffs I would like to see If they got buffed again.

• Vespiquen
    HP: 70
    Atk: 80 -> 95
    Def: 102
    Sp. Atk: 80 -> 95
    Sp. Def: 102
    Speed: 40
    BST: 474 -> 504
    Nothing too special here, just some buffs to Vespiquen's attacking stats. Hopefully Queenly Majesty will be added as an ability for it too.
These are just a few suggestions for buffs, I'll probably make a part two.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Give the Johto starters something. You skipped over them and went straight to Hoenn for Megas. Johto starters need love. Actually, MOST Johto Pokémon could do with buffs (exceptions being Scizor, Heracross, Tyranitar, etc.)

KillerDraco

Hitmontop definitely needs Intimidate replaced by Own Tempo.

That would be the exact opposite of a buff. Intimidate is arguably one of the best abilities in the game, and Own Tempo is one of the worst.

Although on the note of changing abilities, definitely Golisopod. Give it an HA that isn't Emergency Exit! It could do a great Bulk Up set with the buffed Leech Life set if it wasn't forced out after falling below half health... With how big those claws are Tough Claws would make sense, but I'd settle for almost anything else aside from like, something stupid like Defeatist or Truant. Let Golisopod be something other than a priority dependent gimmick.

TheWanderingMist

That would be the exact opposite of a buff. Intimidate is arguably one of the best abilities in the game, and Own Tempo is one of the worst.

Although on the note of changing abilities, definitely Golisopod. Give it an HA that isn't Emergency Exit! It could do a great Bulk Up set with the buffed Leech Life set if it wasn't forced out after falling below half health... With how big those claws are Tough Claws would make sense, but I'd settle for almost anything else aside from like, something stupid like Defeatist or Truant. Let Golisopod be something other than a priority dependent gimmick.
It's not going to get that. It's like Zoroark, where the Ability is what makes the Pokemon what it is.

KillerDraco

It's not going to get that. It's like Zoroark, where the Ability is what makes the Pokemon what it is.

That's a poor comparison that's not even really correct. Zoroark's illusions are what makes it what it is, sure; they're even mentioned in its 'Dex entries. This is not the case with Golisopod where anything resembling Emergency Exit is not so much as referenced.

To clarify, I have no doubt that Golisopod will remain stuck with Emergency Exit, but trying to liken its significance to the Pokemon's identity in the same vein as Illusion for Zoroark is a bit of a stretch.

Luthor

A buff for any defensive Pokemon that doesn't have any form of healing moves (i.e. Swampert). Just give them a form of healing even if its something like moonlight that's situational. With Dynamax it's potentially going to be harder for defensive Pokemon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Pokemon I'd love to see get buffs in some fashion:
-Komala
-Drampa
-Zangoose
-Armaldo
-Sandslash(both forms)
-Girafarig
-Beheeyem
-Dewgong
-Lapras(please, it's been ages)
-Tropius
-Arbok
-Lumineon
-Lanturn
-Samurott
-Torterra
-Meganium
-Rampardos
-Skuntank
-Drapion
-Grumpig

Definitely more I'd like to get buffs, but those are well... some of the more prominent ones I'd like to see. Also, most of the Mega capable Pokemon should really get compensation buffs for not having access to them in SwSh as well, even if they're temporary buffs until Megas return.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Change Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon's hidden ability from Defiant to Competitive. It'd make a world of difference to its competitive capabilities.

Do species count?

Just buff Ice types. All of them. Some of them are fine on their own (Mamoswine, Weavile, Froslass, Glaceon) but most of them suck by having Stat distributions that are hindered by being an Ice Type. I don't know why they keep making slow defensive Ice Types when they don't work that well to begin with. Crabominal is meh at best and even with the buff Beartic got it still lacks in comparison to others.

Either buff the Pokemon (easy solution)

or

MAKE. ICE. TYPES. BETTER.

You know what, Ice Types deserves resistances. Ice types should have resistance to Fairy types, Grass types and Bug types.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You know what, Ice Types deserves resistances. Ice types should have resistance to Fairy types, Grass types and Bug types.
Like Grass and Bug need more types that resist them, they both already have seven different types that resist them. Fire, Poison, Flying, Steel, Ghost, Fairy, and Fighting for Bug types, and Fire, Poison, Flying, Steel, Dragon, Grass, and Bug for Grass types. Like, pick any other type but those two. Ghost, Fire, Water, Dark, Ground, Flying, anything would be better than Grass or Bug. The only saving grace for Grass right now is that it's good against Swampert and Kyogre, but for Bug there's like no saving grace whatsoever. Bug is resisted so much the majority of common Grass, Psychic, or Dark types aren't even weak to it. See Incineroar, Kartana, Yveltal, Metagross, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma Dusk Mane, Necrozma Dawn Wings, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, Breloom, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Alolan Muk...

Last edited:

Luthor

One that I would like to get a buff is shockingly Pikachu. I've always felt that for a signature pokemon of the franchise it's level up movepool is pretty lacking. I'm not after too much but a few new interesting moves would be cool. Perhaps Ice Punch, Psychic, Extreme speed, Zap Cannon or Play Rough. If not perhaps some new move entirely. Of course, if there ends up being some way to use the partner Pikachu in game from Let's go that would probably be sufficient too.

TheWanderingMist

I'm definitely not playing favorites by saying give Misdreavus the stats of Mismagius, then for Mismagius, keep the Special and Speed buffs the same at +20, but also add +15 to HP/Atk/Def.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I'm hoping that they're gonna give Pokemon a third type. Or maybe call it a hidden type. I don't know. But give Masquerain a third water type, give Charizard his third dragon type, give Ledian fighting, Golduck needs Psychic for crying out loud, Scizor still has wings last time I checked.