• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What programming language do you prefer?

Yami Ron

Elite Member
C++ and VB .NET ... but slowly getting introduced to Java foundations.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
HTML, CSS and Flash are for me coz thats what I know :p There's JS as well that took me a while to get used to with all the semi-columns that looks like winking smileys xD nya~

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
People really need to learn that HTML & CSS are not programming languages. There's a difference between a markup language (hence the ML in HTML,) and a programming language.

But since everyone seems to be talking about both, I know HTML & CSS as well as C# and very little Python (with the latter being actual programming languages). I plan on learning full Python and maybe Ruby in the future, although I should probably get better at C# first.

Also, Flash isn't a programming language either. Flash is an IDE and ActionScript is the language.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I have no idea. I know some PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic, and C++, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at any of them. Going to start learning Java soon as well.

arceus03

I only know Python and C++ :p
Must say I prefer the former. Its syntax is much easier than C++,no freaking semicolons after every line though I do acknowledge that C++ is a powerful language.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My favorite programming languages are: ASP, Python and Java

When we hired a Programmer we placed priority on programmers that were well trained in JavaScript. It seems to be the trending programming language at the moment. That, or PHP.