• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What rank do you think Ash will achieve in the Unova League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully top four but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up top 16/8

dman_dustin

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he doesn't make it past top 16...

I want him to be top 4/2 though. Especially after DP.

You all realize how near impossible it would be for Ash to only reach top 16, right?

However I will say that it depends entirely on the number competitors.

So unless we're talking about 256 or 512 league participants, Top 16 could never happen.

Otherwise you all would want a 4 episode league arc.

And Ash would probably not even get one full battle if he only reached top 16, maybe one.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I don't think he'll be using Pokemon outside of his Unova Pokemon+Pikachu

The opening saids otherwise, why would he use his unova only pokemon when there isn't enough of them to cover the entire league, plus his johto pokemon especially totodile needs redemption and infernape needs to sweep an entire team to show how awsum he is :)

The opening saids otherwise, why would he use his unova only pokemon when there isn't enough of them to cover the entire league, plus his johto pokemon especially totodile needs redemption and infernape needs to sweep an entire team to show how awsum he is :)

of course there's enough to cover the league. most of his pokemon are lacking in decent battles and the league can give them that by focusing on them

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
of course there's enough to cover the league. most of his pokemon are lacking in decent battles and the league can give them that by focusing on them

Well that's there fault for being so terrible, don't take it out on us "the fans" by having to sit through the league with the same old boring pokemon, plus the opening states otherwise.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
For me, it all depends on what his team is looking like by the time of the League.

If Oshawott, Snivy, and Palpitoad get evolutions, then I can see him making it to the Top 4 or even the finals with his Unova squad.

But if his team matches the one in the opening, I can still see him making it that far but it just wouldn't be as believable. Especially if he doesn't call on any reserves.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan

Totodile does need more battles but Infernape doesn't. And Infernape wouldn't be able to sweep the entire team.
If Ash uses older Pokemon during the league, I don't think Infernape should be used.

Lunanight

If Ash uses his reserves, he could make it to the top 4 or even the finals. If he only uses the Unova pokemon+Pikachu, probably top 8 (Like Hoenn, since he didn't use reserves then).

If Infernape is used, I won't mind. If Infernape is used and it takes out 2+ pokemon in a single battle, I will rage. It had it's time against Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner and Paul to get 2 or more wins in each of those battles. If anything starts sweeping, I hope it will be one of the other reserves like Bulbasaur, Heracross, Glalie/Swellow or Torterra/Staraptor to name some I'd like to see do really well AND can be expected to be good battlers (No, unless Totodile's battles an unimportant CotD, or it learns a new move and/or evolves, I can't see it sweeping anything).

Last edited:
I agree, why would ash not use one of his strongest pokemon.

Because even the strongest Pokemon can still be damage by the smallest Pokemon (Axew)

He's nor invincible, plus we.want to see win, not become...

Great, it's that again.

I have.faith in his Unova team.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Because Infernape doesn't need more battles.

Infernape was only used once during the league, i'm pretty sure he hasn't had enough battles yet plus heracross was used 2 times lol.

Because even the strongest Pokemon can still be damage by the smallest Pokemon (Axew)

He's nor invincible, plus we.want to see win, not become...

Great, it's that again.

I have.faith in his Unova team.

You have faith in his unova team? Didn't ash lose every club tournament and just lost the junior tournament to? didn't he need 6 pokemon to defeat 3 of roxie's pokemon? with a team that bad he shouldn't even use them in the league, when his sinnoh pokemon are far more advanced.

Infernape was only used once during the league, i'm pretty sure he hasn't had enough battles yet plus heracross was used 2 times lol.

You have faith in his unova team? Didn't ash lose every club tournament and just lost the junior tournament to? didn't he need 6 pokemon to defeat 3 of roxie's pokemon? with a team that bad he shouldn't even use them in the league, when his sinnoh pokemon are far more advanced.

Because I don't bring up those silly moments because apart from the frist Don Tournament and Jr Cup, Stephan or Bianca deserves it. And would people drop it about Roxie?

Besides, I don't want a Red clone and after a story called Three's a Crowd where Ash one shot everyone with ONLY Pidove, Oshawott (Who never were seen again), and his Kanto team, his whole Sinnoh team plus Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto team need a break.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Because I don't bring up those silly moments because apart from the frist Don Tournament and Jr Cup, Stephan or Bianca deserves it. And would people drop it about Roxie?

Besides, I don't want a Red clone and after a story called Three's a Crowd where Ash one shot everyone with ONLY Pidove, Oshawott (Who never were seen again), and his Kanto team, his whole Sinnoh team plus Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto team need a break.

How do they need a break? they haven't been used in years, Plus ash has to many pokemon to exclude from the league, wait why is this even a discussion, the opening shows his older pokemon will be used in the league anyways.

How do they need a break? they haven't been used in years, Plus ash has to many pokemon to exclude from the league, wait why is this even a discussion, the opening shows his older pokemon will be used in the league anyways.

Apart from spoilers to the next episodes, are any of them canon?

And how come you said Infernape in some of your posts, doesn't Torterra need wins since it got decked alot since it evolved... And normally.I don't bother with that?

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Apart from spoilers to the next episodes, are any of them canon?

And how come you said Infernape in some of your posts, doesn't Torterra need wins since it got decked alot since it evolved... And normally.I don't bother with that?

Well torterra is the pokemon who needs the most redemption, but ash used him wrong and he should have played to torterra's strength instead of trying to give it speed.

Infernape will be used again. It's inevitable. Oh yeah and Infernape will probably be the next one of Ash's Pokemon to beat a Legendary.

I forgot about that, i wonder which legendary he will defeat and when it will happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.