• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What rank do you think Ash will achieve in the Unova League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickHoenn

Banned
Agreed. People need to realize that every trainer, every rival in Unova, appears weaker than the trainers in DP.

Which means that we have a DP Grand festival type situation, where there was no uber powerful trainers that prevented the main characters from reaching the finals.

Just like the Unova League. Trip is coming off as the most powerful trainer, and he's going to go far, I won't say they will reach the finals but I have a feeling nothing would prevent. One powerful uber trainer, amongst other mediocre trainers, is going to make it impossible for Ash or Trip to get knocked out early.

Yeah and Ash getting knocked out in the Top 16 or Top 8 in the anime AT THIS POINT, after all this time is like regressing to 1998 or 2002, what kinda disaster?

Ash is not so bright or mature as he was in DP but he's still capable and I believe (with his Unova pokes) he could reach Top 4. I'd like him to use his reserves so he perphaps make it to the finals but I do want Unova 'mons time to shine at the Unova League just like it was at the Hoenn League but this time a little more interesting because he has more pokes to choose from.

Also people justifying he should get Top 16 just because they feel is cheap by whatever reasons (hell someone said Top 32 LOL) want a really short league like a Don Tournament? DX it would be a HUGE backlash for BW...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Top 16 or Top 8 in my opinion. I don't see him going any further given his mediocre team and the fact that he's been making rookie mistake over rookie mistake since this saga started. I would have said Top 16 for sure if it weren't for the fact that Pikachu usually powers up during Leagues. I think he'll be the saving grace of this competition.

Grey Wind

Top four. They're hardly going to have him do worse than Sinnoh, and I doubt they'll make him reach the final yet.

All this "well, with this team he'll come..." talk doesn't really make any sense. His current team has no effect on his ranking in the league; it's just down to the writer's decision. It's not like it's real life or something, and his team's power will have any affect. It's like when people were all "he did better in Sinnoh because evolutions" when in reality he only did better because the writers wanted him to :|

Dax

Legend
Top 16 or Top 8 in my opinion. I don't see him going any further given his mediocre team and the fact that he's been making rookie mistake over rookie mistake since this saga started.

Spread the holy truth, you godly member. [img139]http://www.freesangha.com/forums/Smileys/default/smiley_bow.gif[/img139]

It'd be ridiculous is he went higher than Top 4, so I'm hoping for Top 8 or that.

I agree. I don't know why people keep making excuses for him. Unless he uses reserves (which I don't want him to), reaching the top 4 is a stretch with his untrained pokemon with unfinished movesets.

I think it'd be interesting to see him lose early as an awakening for him, inspiring his character to learn more and become a more serious/skilled trainer which will see in the next region but I doubt it will happen. I'm sure that out of nowhere his team will become powerful and will do outstanding.

Of course, he can always evolve his pokemon at the end of the battles to win. We all know that's his hidden strategy.~

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Top four. They're hardly going to have him do worse than Sinnoh, and I doubt they'll make him reach the final yet.

All this "well, with this team he'll come..." talk doesn't really make any sense. His current team has no effect on his ranking in the league; it's just down to the writer's decision. It's not like it's real life or something, and his team's power will have any affect. It's like when people were all "he did better in Sinnoh because evolutions" when in reality he only did better because the writers wanted him to :|

He's going to win. They wouldn't have him lose 3 minor tournaments in the same saga if he were going to do badly in the league.

Torpoleon

He's going to win.
When exactly was that confirmed?

If he's going to be using reserves, he might reach the Top 4. That's what happened in Sinnoh and all his reserves probably have improved since then. If he's only using the Unova Team, maybe Top 8.

It's kind of hard for me to guess what place he'll get, which is just making me more anxious to see how the Unova League will play out.

Even if he defeats Trip in the league, I doubt Ash will win because of the new rival he is supposed to be getting soon. At this point, the new rival will probably be the person to defeat Ash.

gliscor&yanmega

I agree with this.

Until they change it up, I don't see Ash doing worse then he did in a following league, so either the same or better, and I'd lend towards the former.

It all comes down to who he'll battle in the league. He's already defeated Burgundy, Georgia, Stephan, and Bianca, I'm sure the writers can let him beat them again if needed. Trip losing to him is likely enough to happen as well. His team really doesn't matter much if they'll still end up winning, which they still end up winning despite not all being fully evolved or with full movesets.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up doing worse, nothing to do with his team, just that as a result that would give the writers even more time for Ash to lose leagues in later series, could always have a post league story after he did poorly in the league as well.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I see two scenarios for the league. One scenario is that he does horribly in the League, as in places in only the top 32 or the top 16 at best. He then goes on to wonder how he could have done so poorly, especially when he did better in the previous regions. He then goes to examine what he's done this region and compare it to the other regions, where he figures out what he's doing wrong, with there possibly being an outside influence to his regression as well. That gets solved and he goes into the other conference for the Unova League (or goes to a filler league) and he wins it. The second scenario is that he comes to his realization before the League and either places in the top 2, with it being interrupted by Team Plasma and him being instrumental in stopping TP, or he actually wins the League.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even if he defeats Trip in the league, I doubt Ash will win because of the new rival he is supposed to be getting soon. At this point, the new rival will probably be the person to defeat Ash.

I heard rumors about a new rival a long time ago, but I thought they were fake since he/she hasn't shown up yet. I hope it's not another Tobias.

Also:

[IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/rip.gif[/IMG139] @ that Sceptile fan who thinks the writers will have Ash make it to the Top 4 simply because they want it to happen.

[IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/rip.gif[/IMG139] @ that May fan who keeps citing the three flop tournaments as evidence that Ash will win the Unova League.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
He's going to win. They wouldn't have him lose 3 minor tournaments in the same saga if he were going to do badly in the league.

I really want to believe that Ash is going to win the League. But it's really really hard to think so... I suppose he is will win the very last tournament and that's it.

Janovy

Banned

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I think he could get to the Top 4 or the Finals if he focus hard enough. With Ash,maybe he would train before the Unova League. He could lose against this new rival that they say was going to show up.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Junior cup likely is the last tournament before the league.

I feel Best Wishes 2 is to focus on more of the rivalry of Stephan, Burgandy (If you can even consider her a rival), Georgia, Bianca, and Trip.
There's plenty of time for more tournaments, and Ash does need a serious upgrade to his team.

LizardonX

Banned
I am holding out for a white stone DEM activation that lets ash win since zekrom is apparently the dragonspiral tower dragon

cauldronmaster

One of the main questions for this league is whether or not Ash decides to use his Oaked reserves. If yes, then either Ash will win, or Ash will lose to a Tobias clone. If Ash decides to only use the Pokemon caught in Unova and Pikachu, then while winning the league is still a possibility, Ash would be open to losing to a Richie/Harrison/Tyson clone.

At this point in the anime, the only pokemon owned by a tournament-only rival that can take down Ash's top-tier Oaked reserves are legendaries. Sure, it's not concrete fact, but it's more than a safe assumption.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wish people would realise it doesn't matter what pokemon are used. if the writers want ash to get to the finals then it would happen no matter if he used reserves or not

I wish people would realize that the writers don't believe in " playing fair " and portarying every Pokemon equally. They clearly have their favorites. Even if he stuck to his regional team there's no promise that they'll get what you want them to. Just ask Torterra.

Poor, abused, and soon to be completely forgotten Totertta.

Believe me, Ace. I wanted him to use just the Sinnoh Team for the League for the exact reason you want the Unova Team to be exclusively used. It didn't happen, but what actually happened wasn't that bad in comparison. A lot of the Sinnoh Team still did extremely well in the league even with the prescience of reserves. Torterra and maybe Staraptor were the only ones who really got snubbed, but they became the Fall Guys long before the Sinnoh League.

Staraptor was beaten by Team Rocket poking it. That is his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.