• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What rating do you think SwSh is gonna get

What rating do you think SwSh is gonna get

• Total voters
The title explains it all. I personally think it should be E10+ and E10+ since XY

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Pokemon main series titles always carried an E rating in the US. However, ever since the switchover to 3D in Gen 6, Europe and Australia actually bumped the rating up compared to previous games, going from 3 to 7 under PEGI's system, and from G to PG in Australia. SwSh might still get the E in the US, but it'll certainly still continue the streak of being slapped with the 7 rating in Europe and PG in Australia.

(for those wondering, 7 and PG is literally Europe and Australia's respective equivalent of the E10+ rating).

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Imo it should’ve been E10+ since BW ( introduced more mature themes going forward), but it’ll probably still get an E in the US. The PEGI 7 rating is extreme though.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
There is nothing about these games that "should" warrant that rating. That's silly.
I don't mean they should be T-rated given what we've seen, I mean, they should've made SwSh to be a game that would warrant a T-rating. You know, to reflect the actual audience of these games.

BCVM22

I was under no misconception what you meant. I stand by it.

There's nothing about Pokémon that "should" garner a T rating, nor is that the "actual audience" of these games. Pokémon is a kid's franchise. Always has been, always will be. That much is constant, as are older fans who are still playing the games (I belong to this group) and as are older fans who are still playing the games but demand the games change their content level to suit them (I do not belong to this group, as that is, again, incredibly silly). The notion itself is baffling. What would that entail, even? Blood? Language? "Mature themes"? Why would they do any of that?

Nowhere else would we go to something we enjoyed when we were younger and demand it grow up with us, leaving nothing for the kids of today, of which we were once one. I perpetually question why we do it here.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You know, to reflect the actual audience of these games.
The rating doesn't mean jack in those regards.

All it means is it has content that is generally acceptable for those specified audiences. If it's rated M, then it has mature themes and content that should generally be seen by adults rather than teens + children. If it's rated E then it's content/themes are fine for all audiences no matter the age.

There's really no reason to shake up the Pokemon formula just to warrant a T-rating, and for what? So they can slip in... blood and some lesser curse words? It's completely nonsensical.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't mean they should be T-rated given what we've seen, I mean, they should've made SwSh to be a game that would warrant a T-rating. You know, to reflect the actual audience of these games.

The actual audience of the games are young people. People that are too young to play a T rated game.

So, should I add teen as a rating for the poll?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The actual audience of the games are young people. People that are too young to play a T rated game.
I wouldn't say that's the actual audience.

It's the intended audience for sure, but I'm pretty certain it's safe to say that a majority of the fans + players are teens/adults.

The thing is, that's mostly because these people got into Pokemon at a younger age. This is just how Pokemon is trying to reel in new longtime fans of the series. Get them in on it when they're young, get them hooked, and you have more people that will purchase + play your games for a long time.

The rating doesn't need to change at all, in fact, the series being accessible to all ages is much more beneficial than if they were to decide to throw in violence, blood, and minor cursing for no reason just to slap a T-rating onto the cover. Demanding the series become more mature is just not a reasonable demand at all.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Of course, E for everyone.

Xuxuba

Do ratings really matter where you guys live?

Here kids can just buy any game they want regardless of the rating...