• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What reason do you Breed?

Your reason for breeding?...

• I breed to obtain the strongest Pokemon.

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • I breed just get the best nature.

Votes: 52 32.7%
  • I breed to obtain a shiny.

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • I breed to trade for other pokemon.

Votes: 51 32.1%
  • I breed because I like the cute baby Pokemon.

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • I breed just because I like it.

Votes: 50 31.4%
  • I don't breed at all.

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters

Meowth City

Staff member
Oh, and don't forget breeding to get pokedex entries too.
That's the only reason why I breed.
I don't really go for all that egg moves, natures and IVs/EVs stuff. I don't have the patience for that. As for MM, I gave it a shot once, but again I don't really have that kind of time.

Icing Sugar

I only breed for shinies with good natures.

maffy78

Pokémon Breeder
I Breed Because....

I breed for 3 reasons;

-I like to trade them
-I find it fun
AND
-I like the cute baby Pokémon​

However I am yet to set up a successful breeding program on my new version of the Pokémon game (Pokémon Black)
However My breeding program is still going very well on the version Pokémon Diamond, and I am hoping that when I get the National Dex on this pokémon, I will be able to continue my very successful breeding program, but this time adding the new pokémon to it.

If you would eventually like any Pokémon in my New breeding program then my pokémon black friend code is;

1377 - 9049 - 9675

I am hoping that I will be able to get the program back up by the;

10/8/2011 (10th August 2011)

However I very much doubt I will have the National Dex by then so it will be breeding Pokémon on this version of the game.

I will sometime later create a thread explaining further about the program and any Requests to Pokémon you may want.

-Maffy
Poké Breeder of the Sinnoh Region. :) :499:

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
i actuallly breed for competitive battling

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Most likely because you had some EVs on it and they were not entered, invalidating your results.
This is why EV's should be visible. >_>

And I breed for the natures and abilities. I still don't quite understand how to get moves on the egg poke's >_<

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
At first I just breed for fun and to get baby pokemon but recently I started breeding for shinies and for IVs

zeus5273

your worst nightmare
i breed for trading a better team and for fun and ill go breed right now

Draco_Ariel888

運命の剣
Wow so many reasons for breeding ^^

I also forgot to mention that I also breed for egg moves as well. Sometimes it's so difficult to get them sometimes. I have had to jump hurdles sometimes to get them lol

I put because I like it because I got some powerful Pokemon. For example in HeartGold I bred for a Duskull with a certain eggmove and then leveled it up to lvl 3. Then when I transfered him to White he gained 50 lvls in a few days. Alot of my most trusted pokemon were hatched from eggs.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I breed because I like it. But I don't breed all the time. I also breed because some Pokemon cannot be obtained any other way.

PsychicPsycho

I picked the 1st 4 options, to get the strongest, best nature, shinies, and to do trades. I do some breeding just to fill up my dex also, but that's not the primary reason.

Cuddlebuns

I breed for IVs, natures, and egg moves. I'm not too picky about IVs though, getting the right nature takes long enough most of the time.

This is why EV's should be visible. >_>
It's not hard to just count them, especially if you're only going up a few lvls for the IV calculator.

And I breed for the natures and abilities. I still don't quite understand how to get moves on the egg poke's >_<

A male with the move you want has to breed with a female of the species you want. It's not hard to understand.

Diamond Eagle

TheMightyPolak
I only started breeding pokemon recently, usually for a team member. I breed 5 of the same pokemon, and use the best-natured one on my team.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I breed for shinys, or to get a early stage of a pokemon