• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What reason do you think Serena didn’t appear in SM?

Only because of her crush and kiss on Ash. Look at SM Ash ugly. Look at XY Ash. Handsome. Also why the hell would she return in a series that is more aimed at kids than ever with stupid gags. Also the writers want to forget her existence because of kiss. And Yajima isn’t working on the anime anymore. And she’s the only one to have never met a previous traveling companion of Ash’s.

TLDR: Writers ignore her due to her crush on Ash.
Of course, Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime didn't have the same charm that Pokemon XYZ have, I mean does She have a reason to be here in Pokemon Sun and Moon and Potentially, Pokemon Journeys or PM2019?

deliaketchum

They will bring her back on Ash's wedding with lillie at last moment. She will try to stop him but she is too late. Then goh will make suprise enterance and propose serena hence catching her in pokeball.
Seeing all this, mew will get jealous and leave goh ending his dream. Bitter sweet ending.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean I guess this just proves that “popularity” doesn’t prove that you’ll get an appearance. Ever since XY we were spammed that she would be coming soon or getting a cameo because “she’s the most popular companion ever” but dust.

They will bring her back on Ash's wedding with lillie at last moment. She will try to stop him but she is too late. Then goh will make suprise enterance and propose serena hence catching her in pokeball.
Seeing all this, mew will get jealous and leave goh ending his dream. Bitter sweet ending.
LOL! but this could be a Ending for PM2019 if The writer choose that decision but I doubt it because Ash is married to NOBODY and He only cares about Pokemon battles.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think the best route is for them to probably ignore that the kiss even happened. I am on record saying I don’t believe this anime will end with a flash forward of Ash being an adult and marrying Serena so the need to somehow reconcile their unconsensual kiss with her returning doesn’t really matter to me personally nor do I think it’ll greatly effect the anime. Ash never showed any interest in her and therefor their relationship doesn’t need to be addressed when she returns.

Morax

King of heroes
People need to accept the fact that serena is first and foremost a love interest. As much as you'd love to see how much she's progressed towards her goal, shipping is the first priority for writers. They can't and won't ignore her crush because that's what brings in the money.

Zero1999

I think the best route is for them to probably ignore that the kiss even happened. I am on record saying I don’t believe this anime will end with a flash forward of Ash being an adult and marrying Serena so the need to somehow reconcile their unconsensual kiss with her returning doesn’t really matter to me personally nor do I think it’ll greatly effect the anime. Ash never showed any interest in her and therefor their relationship doesn’t need to be addressed when she returns.
Will the writters ignore that? I just believe Serena completed the goal she had with Ash and just opened a possibility of maybe them meeting one day, which the chances are low but not impossible to happen in Journeys. I only know for sure that the guy who directed XY wasn’t in SM nor Journeys, so for the fans of the ship they shouldn’t expect something similar to XY finale if the best outcome for Serena coming back would happen

Morax

King of heroes
The writers are already ignoring Ash-Pikashinium Z and have been ignoring all Ash's reserves for battles since BW so they can ignore Ash-Greninja if they really want lol.
I guess you're one of those who thought Ash will never win a league/non-game characters won't be referenced in JN. How does it feel getting BTFO over and over again?

JN isn't over yet. Don't count your chickens.

RafaSceptile

I guess you're one of those who thought Ash will never win a league/non-game characters won't be referenced in JN. How does it feel getting BTFO over and over again?

JN isn't over yet. Don't count your chickens.
I said that either of the options (Addres or ignore the kiss) are possible, as nothing is guaranteed in this anime, especially after breaking a decent amount of "traditions" during the last years.