• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What reason do you think Serena didn’t appear in SM?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Morax said:
>let's ignore her confession
Give me 1 reason why they would do that. She was created as a love interest, that's literally her raison d'etre.

Just don't let them meet again if you don't want to address the kiss, simple as. She could very well get an episode with koharu while Ash and Gou are away.

fair enough
You just said that her crush on Satoshi was her raison d'etre, so why would they bring her back in an episode where Satoshi isn't around?

Even if we don't take her crush into consideration, I wouldn't want her to appear in an episode with just Koharu. If Serena were to interact with any other female companion such as Lilie or Hikari, I'd be appeased, but to me Koharu just isn't interesting enough to make it work.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's not exactly comparable. The way they ended Serena in XY comes with baggage for a potential return that complicates things. You can either pretend it didn't happen at all (which would probably be the best they could do tbh even if it still somewhat ruins the original ending) or address it in some way which can only turn into an awkward mess that nobody wants. Ash isn't the kind of character to be able to gently turn down a girl with some subtlety and empathy, and even if you go that route him turning her down on the episode she comes back for a reunion would be all kinds of upsetting and quickly make the reasons for her return look mean-spirited.
I dunno, I think it's possible to pull it off as long as they address in a way that are true to their characters. I could see Ash saying like there's a lot he still doesn't understand and once he reaches that point he'll be able to give her a proper answer.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the kiss thing isn't brought up either. I'd be satisfied if she returns.

... And actually interact with Ash and Goh rather than randomly being BFFs with Chloe because "lol boys do cool stuff, girls do shopping"

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I forgot that trend is letting the new Pokegirls win but even if we wanted to power scale we have nothing to go with Serena because she’s never finished a battle. She lost in that Summer Camp arc and every other battle was called off.
Id rather not go into that argument, but lets decide to disagree on this one hehe

Morax

King of heroes
I dunno, I think it's possible to pull it off as long as they address in a way that are true to their characters. I could see Ash saying like there's a lot he still doesn't understand and once he reaches that point he'll be able to give her a proper answer.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the kiss thing isn't brought up either. I'd be satisfied if she returns.

... And actually interact with Ash and Goh rather than randomly being BFFs with Chloe because "lol boys do cool stuff, girls do shopping"
That's really unfair to her. Remember what she said before leaving? "You are my goal, next time we meet i'll be a charming woman". She's doing it all to impress him and be recognised by him. Typical 'notice me senpai' behaviour and if her senpai doesn't notice her then all of those efforts are a waste.

Here's an analogy.
>Ash wants to battle Leon
>Leon : I'm not ready, please come back 10 years later

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'll never know what the producers were thinking on why she isn't in SM, but after she didn't get a special episode post-XYZ, I just didn't care anymore because I got my fan project about her and moved on. Still, I liked her because of her own determination in some of her focused episodes and not because of her relationship with Ash.

I'll never know what the producers were thinking on why she isn't in SM, but after she didn't get a special episode post-XYZ, I just didn't care anymore because I got my fan project about her and moved on. Still, I liked her because of her own determination in some of her focused episodes and not because of her relationship with Ash.
Can I see your fan project

Pokemonfan5

I think writers didn't let her return in SM because there is no logical way to do that, Misty in AG and Dawn in BW return was so illogical, they return just for the sake of return, it's not like Alola can make Wallace cup tournament for Serena to compete.

Also Serena said next time they meet she will be more charming women which probably take a while to happen.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think there's still a chance for her to appear, as someone already said Iris didn't appear in the next two regions yet here she is. I am glad Serena didn't come in Sun and Moon, that did a real number on Ash. I like how he looks in this series better and his goal is more real compared to his sun and moon one and he actually improves as the series moves on even if its off screen a lot LOL

Also her goal is to be more of a woman for Ash if I remember right. So maybe the end of Journeys?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
What is cruel is that an actual character needs to be relegated to "Ash's future wife" status to actually return or remember she exists, and not because she is her own character with an actual goal not involving Ash.
To be fair, you can't blame people when even the writers made it obvious that Serena's main purpose in the show was to be Ash's future wife. Serena basically says as much when she leaves for Hoenn.

RafaSceptile

To be fair, you can't blame people when even the writers made it obvious that Serena's main purpose in the show was to be Ash's future wife. Serena basically says as much when she leaves for Hoenn.
I mean, that is true, but at the same time, Serena is her own character with her own problems, and because of that she deserves to appear even if the shipping stuff isn't totally addressed.