• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What reason do you think Serena didn’t appear in SM?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I mean, that is true, but at the same time, Serena is her own character with her own problems, and because of that she deserves to appear even if the shipping stuff isn't totally addressed.
That's fair, but if she appears and you don't address the shipping stuff, they'll essentially piss off the viewers they're trying to attract. A large portion of Serena's popularity is tied to Amourshipping, and not addressing that in any way, shape or form is just going to make people mad (aside from people who enjoy her character apart from the shipping, which is an incredibly small and, unfortunately, ignored minority).

RafaSceptile

That's fair, but if she appears and you don't address the shipping stuff, they'll essentially piss off the viewers they're trying to attract. A large portion of Serena's popularity is tied to Amourshipping, and not addressing that in any way, shape or form is just going to make people mad (aside from people who enjoy her character apart from the shipping, which is an incredibly small and, unfortunately, ignored minority).
I'm not saying that the writers will not address the shipping stuff, what I say is that the "shipping stuff" doesn't means that she will not appear until the very end of the Pokémon anime, as some people try to argue. Also there is no real reason to bring back Serena for a storytelling point yet, so that explains why she wasn't present in SM and currently JN, however I think she can appear here, especially with her popularity.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think her quote about becoming a better woman for Ash was very telling on how the writers viewed her character and what aspects were more important concerning her then others. What I do find funny is that the dub knew something wasn’t right and turn her quote from basically saying she wants to be more womanly for Ash to she is inspired by him and wants to be like him.

Zero1999

Ash is so dense than he will think that wife is a new type or something
He might be dense but i don’t believe to be dense like Kakarot due to how Kakarot was an alien that thought wife was food. That or only girls called Giselle are the only ones to make Ashy-boy blush and make puppy eyes lol

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Like some said, there was no need. Also Iris still needed one before her to be fair. A special was a possibility though.

But what's her purpose to be in Alola? No showcases, contests etc. which were also the reason why May and Dawn were not in SM. The only possible reason for her to appear there was to wet her panties after seeing her smug boy Ash.

She'll get her turn in Journeys. That's more than likely.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It didn't suit any of the pre-SM characters from my perspective, but that didn't stop Kasumi and Takeshi from returning even if they looked aesthetically unpleasing. In any case, I doubt that Serena's absence in SM was due to something as inconsequential as animation style.
Atleast we both agree that Misty and Brock looked ugly with that disgusting artstyle

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

I think Serena didn’t appear in SM because the timeline got messed up when SM started. Also Kalos was barely mentioned at all in SM. Only Ilima mentioned it a couple times. Ash never even mentioned anything about Kalos from my recollection.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think Serena didn’t appear in SM because the timeline got messed up when SM started. Also Kalos was barely mentioned at all in SM. Only Ilima mentioned it a couple times. Ash never even mentioned anything about Kalos from my recollection.
Messed up how? Care to both explain your fan theories in the slightest.

Also, time isn’t like removing an object from a baby’s line of sight. We don’t need a bard to sing us a song of everything that happened in the prior series in order to confirm it to be canon.