• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What regional forms do you think Ash will capture?

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
As Ash seems to get a lot of Pokemon this time. Also many are talking about Ash getting Galarian Slowpoke so let's speculate if he gets regional forms what will be those?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
They might give Ash a new regional variant considering we are getting the DLC pretty soon, unless it's been delayed because of the the coronavirus pandemic going on right now
or maybe it'll be one of the already existing ones

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Anyone!!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Alola Sandslash (He should've gotten this last Gen!)

Can't think of any Galarian Pokeman I could see Ash with. I guess Galar Darmanitan.

Would've said Galar Farfetch'd /Sirfetch'd but it seems like that ship might be sailing.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, If I can talk freely, I can see these as the candidates:

+ Alolan Raichu: We know Ash's Pikachu will NEVER evolve, but he have seen he can work with a Raichu, back in Sinnoh's Summer Camp. However, I believe the Alolan Raichu is a better option than Kanto Raichu, as it gains Psychic Type and Ash doesn't have one. Moreover, if this comes from a Pikachu who knows Surf, it would be a GREAT ace for Ash. I can imagine him with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf and something more.
+ Alolan Exeggutor: Ash befriended several Alolan Exeggutor in Alola, so it would be fitting if one of them decides to join his team.
+ Alolan Muk: I know Ash already has a Kanto Muk, but I can't stop thinking Alolan Muk is better than his Kanto counterpart, because of its Dark Type.
+ Alolan Golem: Ash tried (and failed) to capture and Alolan Geodude, so it could be a good chance, if you ask me.

+ Perrserker: Alolan Meowth and its evolution is drecibed as a warrior, which fits with Ash's style. Not to mention that if Ash someday battles against Giovanni's Persian again, a Perrserker could be the ideal Pokemon to beat him.
+ Galar Rapidash: It has a way too girly look, makes me think about "My Little Pony". But considering Ash befriended a Rapidash in the past and he still haven't capture a Fairy or Psychic type, this would be a nice option.
+ Sirfetch'd: Go already captured a Kanto Farfetch'd, and the Galar Version likes battles; so it quite obvious it suits Ash's style and he would evolve.
+ Galar Slowpoke: There MIGHT be a chance for Ash to get a Galar Slowpoke, in order to give Ash a Psychic type and avoid an "unnecesarry" Water Type.

So, what do you think?

Red and Blue

Since every generation of Pokemon is on the table I guess he could catch any he missed out on in Alola in addition to the Galarian ones.

I would love it if he got Galarian Zigzagoon or Ponyta

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sandslash is probably the most likely

I'm hoping he gets Obstagoon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Obstagoon is the only one I really want.

Wouldn’t be against others but I’m more accepting of ones with regional evolutions as they’re actual new Pokémon.

Master Pikachu 11

Well, If I can talk freely, I can see these as the candidates:

+ Alolan Raichu: We know Ash's Pikachu will NEVER evolve, but he have seen he can work with a Raichu, back in Sinnoh's Summer Camp. However, I believe the Alolan Raichu is a better option than Kanto Raichu, as it gains Psychic Type and Ash doesn't have one. Moreover, if this comes from a Pikachu who knows Surf, it would be a GREAT ace for Ash. I can imagine him with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf and something more.
+ Alolan Exeggutor: Ash befriended several Alolan Exeggutor in Alola, so it would be fitting if one of them decides to join his team.
+ Alolan Muk: I know Ash already has a Kanto Muk, but I can't stop thinking Alolan Muk is better than his Kanto counterpart, because of its Dark Type.
+ Alolan Golem: Ash tried (and failed) to capture and Alolan Geodude, so it could be a good chance, if you ask me.

+ Perrserker: Alolan Meowth and its evolution is drecibed as a warrior, which fits with Ash's style. Not to mention that if Ash someday battles against Giovanni's Persian again, a Perrserker could be the ideal Pokemon to beat him.
+ Galar Rapidash: It has a way too girly look, makes me think about "My Little Pony". But considering Ash befriended a Rapidash in the past and he still haven't capture a Fairy or Psychic type, this would be a nice option.
+ Sirfetch'd: Go already captured a Kanto Farfetch'd, and the Galar Version likes battles; so it quite obvious it suits Ash's style and he would evolve.
+ Galar Slowpoke: There MIGHT be a chance for Ash to get a Galar Slowpoke, in order to give Ash a Psychic type and avoid an "unnecesarry" Water Type.

So, what do you think?
I fully believe that TR will be involved with Perrserker and Galarian Meowth more then Ash. I can see it be almost similar to Alolan Meowth where Giovanni may want it. Since we know that they can still catch new Gen Pokémon like Chewtle, I think that it’s another TR focus episode

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I fully believe that TR will be involved with Perrserker and Galarian Meowth more then Ash. I can see it be almost similar to Alolan Meowth where Giovanni may want it. Since we know that they can still catch new Gen Pokémon like Chewtle, I think that it’s another TR focus episode

I think they're going to get it, but I hope they have it start off as Meowth's rival and a recurring gacha Pokemon, but later on the two bond and become friends after a blast off-separation. Having Meowth become friendly with a alternate version of him(Perserker) instead of being antagonistic towards them all

Master Pikachu 11

Obstagoon is the only one I really want.

Wouldn’t be against others but I’m more accepting of ones with regional evolutions as they’re actual new Pokémon.
Well if he can get Obstagoon along with his potential Grookey that evolves into Rillaboom and then maybe even Toxtricity then he will have an actual Pokémon band that I could see performing at the lab.
I think they're going to get it, but I hope they have it start off as Meowth's rival and a recurring gacha Pokemon, but later on the two bond and become friends after a blast off-separation. Having Meowth become friendly with a alternate version of him(Perserker) instead of being antagonistic towards them all
Yeah I agree I could see him become friendly with the Galar version and the eventual Perserker since the Alolan Meowth is a dark type and pretty much was looking to back stab Meowth as soon as they met and the fact that they planned on it going to Matori ended up making sense why it would be enemies with Meowth

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
There's a number of regional forms I could see him getting, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he gets none. Which is a shame, since it would be a perfect compromise between giving him old favorites and brand new stuff.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Galarian Zigzagoon is the most likely candidate to choose from as of right now. It could be used a speedy battler and also to act as the snarky Pokémon Ash tends to get in every region. He won’t be getting Perserker because regular Meowth is so heavily associated with TRio that Ash capturing any for of Meowth just feels weird. He is always fighting against one that him having a different one just doesn’t feel right. Corsola and Cursola seem too depressing for a usually cheerful person like Ash and Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d would be interesting to see Ash using but there is the disadvantage of them heavily relying on a leek to battle. If the leek is lost or stolen, the Pokémon will be virtually helpless and have to use other attacks that probably won’t do as much damage because the Pokémon is so used to fighting with a weapon. Sirfetch’d’s list of damaging moves it can learn almost involves its leek in one way or another. The only damaging move it could possibly use without its weapon are Peck and Brave Bird which will have no STAB and the later causing self-inflicted damage, First Impression which would only work a second time if Ash recalls it and sends it back out later during a battle and has it use the move immediately upon release, Final Gambit which would KO itself, Steel Wing which again gets no STAB, and Body Slam. That’s it. Final Gambit doesn’t even get STAB. So Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d are out.