• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What regional forms do you think Ash will capture?

ShadowForce720

I think Galarian Zigzagoon is the most likely candidate to choose from as of right now. It could be used a speedy battler and also to act as the snarky Pokémon Ash tends to get in every region. He won’t be getting Perserker because regular Meowth is so heavily associated with TRio that Ash capturing any for of Meowth just feels weird. He is always fighting against one that him having a different one just doesn’t feel right. Corsola and Cursola seem too depressing for a usually cheerful person like Ash and Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d would be interesting to see Ash using but there is the disadvantage of them heavily relying on a leek to battle. If the leek is lost or stolen, the Pokémon will be virtually helpless and have to use other attacks that probably won’t do as much damage because the Pokémon is so used to fighting with a weapon. Sirfetch’d’s list of damaging moves it can learn almost involves its leek in one way or another. The only damaging move it could possibly use without its weapon are Peck and Brave Bird which will have no STAB and the later causing self-inflicted damage, First Impression which would only work a second time if Ash recalls it and sends it back out later during a battle and has it use the move immediately upon release, Final Gambit which would KO itself, Steel Wing which again gets no STAB, and Body Slam. That’s it. Final Gambit doesn’t even get STAB. So Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d are out.

While I don’t think that Ash will get Galarian Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d I don’t think just because it heavily relies on it’s leek that it somehow would prevent Ash from using one as he had a Pokémon with a similar problem before.

Because let’s not forget the fact that he had an Oshawott and just like Galarian Farfetch’d it relied heavily on it’s item to the point where even if it was able to perform some moves without it’s item it would still be as just as much of a problem for it as it would be for a Galarian Farfetch’d to lose it’s leek.

In fact there was a whole episode where Oshawott lost it’s item and it tried fighting without it and it just didn’t work as it wasn’t really able to battle without it’s item.

Red and Blue

Plus even if the leek was stolen or lost there is no reason to think it would be permanent. Ash(or Go) would find a way to get it back at the end of the episode

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can't really see Ash catching any regional forms right now since none of them really fit him. The only contender I thought would fit his team was Sirfectch'd, but I'm not that sure anymore for two reasons:
  • Ash already has Riolu as his Fighting type, and if he does get another one it would most likely be Kubfu
  • I kind of want Team Rocket to get it instead since Galarian Farfetch'd looks too much like a bad guy, so it would be funny and ironic if it evolves into Sirfetch'd & Team Roket ends up with the pokémon personifying valor, honor, chivalry, etc.

Red and Blue

I can't really see Ash catching any regional forms right now since none of them really fit him. The only contender I thought would fit his team was Sirfectch'd, but I'm not that sure anymore for two reasons:
  • Ash already has Riolu as his Fighting type, and if he does get another one it would most likely be Kubfu
  • I kind of want Team Rocket to get it instead since Galarian Farfetch'd looks too much like a bad guy, so it would be funny and ironic if it evolves into Sirfetch'd & Team Roket ends up with the pokémon personifying valor, honor, chivalry, etc.
Galarian Farfetch'd was listed as one of the friends Ash and Go will make in Galar. I doubt TR is getting it

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I fully believe that TR will be involved with Perrserker and Galarian Meowth more then Ash. I can see it be almost similar to Alolan Meowth where Giovanni may want it. Since we know that they can still catch new Gen Pokémon like Chewtle, I think that it’s another TR focus episode

I don't think so, pal. Pokedex talks about Persian and Meowth (from Kanto and Alola) as spoiled cats that like luxuries, while Galarian Meowth and Perrserker describe them as "born warriors". I see this description fitting for a Meowth like the one in boots from Sinnoh, who is WAY beyond acting like a jerk like Team Rocket's Meowth. And like I tell you, Persian vs Perrserker sounds like a great match, specially if it is against Giovanni's Persian.

Master Pikachu 11

I don't think so, pal. Pokedex talks about Persian and Meowth (from Kanto and Alola) as spoiled cats that like luxuries, while Galarian Meowth and Perrserker describe them as "born warriors". I see this description fitting for a Meowth like the one in boots from Sinnoh, who is WAY beyond acting like a jerk like Team Rocket's Meowth. And like I tell you, Persian vs Perrserker sounds like a great match, specially if it is against Giovanni's Persian.
Agree to disagree, I fully expect Galarian Meowth/Perrserker to be part of a TR episode and because it’s a different kind of Meowth. I expect Giovanni to take interest in it.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Agree to disagree, I fully expect Galarian Meowth/Perrserker to be part of a TR episode and because it’s a different kind of Meowth. I expect Giovanni to take interest in it.

Too repetitive, honestly. We already have two Meowth with Team Rocket, it would be good if a Galarian One stays with the good guys. I mean, the same thing could say about Chewtle. I expected Ash would capture this Pokemon, as he likes turtles (Squirtle, Torkoal, Torterra), and now I feel REALLY sorry for that poor Chewtle, trapped with Team Rocket. It would be fitting now if Ash captures a Pokemon that Team Rcoket could get, like a Galarian Meowth.

Well, only time will tell.

YelST

watch Roukin
Galarian Darmanitan. A mini-arc where Ash has to adapt to Gorilla Tactics or Zen Mode is something I can get behind and would give Ash the chance to demonstrate his ability turning constraints into benefits.

Red and Blue

In regards to Galarian Meowth I do hope we get an episode with all three versions. TR's Meowth, Matori's Alolan variant, and the Galarian one.

Maybe that will be the one were Meowth GMAXes

RetroPokeFan

Hoping for Galarian Meowth to be introduced with the return of Cassidy and Butch...
Pipe dream and all but it would be cool seeing Butch and Cassidy come back even though Matori's pretty much taken their place instead.

If they were to, I would hope for them to have their original personalities rather than the disgustingly lame Jessie and James wannabes they magically dissolved into by Chronicles.

Anyways for whatever reason, I just don't see Ash with any regional forms. Would be cool if he got something like an Alolan Sandshrew but I still just can't see it happening.

Sword master zacian

Go owns both farfetch'd galarian and normal one
So ash can own both mr.mime galariam and normal one also evolve galarian into mr.rime and then gift both of them to delia

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hoping for Galarian Meowth to be introduced with the return of Cassidy and Butch...

This or let Meowth become friends with it, give us something new or give Butch and Cassidy a mascot instead of random Pokemon joining in on their motto

Master Pikachu 11

Go owns both farfetch'd galarian and normal one
So ash can own both mr.mime galariam and normal one also evolve galarian into mr.rime and then gift both of them to delia
I could definitely see Ash catch Galarian Mr. Mime and evolve it into Mr. Ryme, which he can use in battles and then it goes with Kanto Mr. Mime back to Delia as you mentioned. But Go has not captured Galar Farfetch’d yet, so let’s wait till the preview or episode airs before we say for sure that he will indeed capture it.