• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What regional forms do you think Ash will capture?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Alolan Raichu is out for obvious reasons, Ash already has a Kantonian Muk, Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Dugtrio wouldn't work, Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Marowak are too associated with Lillie and Kiawe respectively, Alolan Geodude is also part Electric type, and Alolan Rattata and Alolan Meowth are too evil to go to Ash.

Pteranodonte

Alolan Raichu is out for obvious reasons, Ash already has a Kantonian Muk, Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Dugtrio wouldn't work, Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Marowak are too associated with Lillie and Kiawe respectively, Alolan Geodude is also part Electric type, and Alolan Rattata and Alolan Meowth are too evil to go to Ash.
Alolan Sandshrew would be interesting.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

Association with other protagonists doesn't really matter... Look at Dragonite... Besides, Ash can just go stsraight to Ninetales... The Electric type tradition is bound to be broken in this series I think... Golem is still in... Oh, you forgot to mention Sandslash...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Association with other protagonists doesn't really matter... Look at Dragonite... Besides, Ash can just go stsraight to Ninetales... The Electric type tradition is bound to be broken in this series I think... Golem is still in... Oh, you forgot to mention Sandslash...
Dragonite isn't the Pokemon one would most associate with Iris. That would be Axew.

Mew29240

I'm not too confident in them letting Ash catch any Alolan Pokemon or Alolan variant this series. Anything he would get is going to look like a "oops, we should've given him this Pokemon before" situation which, while fine for Pokemon from older generations, would be off-putting here since he was just there last series.

ShadowForce720

Dragonite isn't the Pokemon one would most associate with Iris. That would be Axew.

A character can have more then one Pokémon associated with them, so no, people would associate Dragonite with Iris since it was one of her primary battlers.

As for Alolan Rattata and Alolan Meowth being to “evil”, May I remind you that Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d knows Brutal Swing and Night Slash.

Two Dark type moves you were positive that Ash’s Pokémon would never have and yet here we are. So no, Alolan Rattat and Alolan Meowth being Dark type wouldn’t prevent Ash from getting them.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
People associate Iris with Dragonite more than Axew.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A character can have more then one Pokémon associated with them, so no, people would associate Dragonite with Iris since it was one of her primary battlers.

As for Alolan Rattata and Alolan Meowth being to “evil”, May I remind you that Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d knows Brutal Swing and Night Slash.

Two Dark type moves you were positive that Ash’s Pokémon would never have and yet here we are. So no, Alolan Rattat and Alolan Meowth being Dark type wouldn’t prevent Ash from getting them.
I was saying that because they are prominently used by evil teams.

IkeBayern

It’s hard to say because he just caught Galarian Farfeche’d but if I had to put some money on it, I’d say Galarian slowpoke because of the new Isle of Armor. Maybe a galarian darumaka to counter Goh!

As for alolan forms, I’m pretty confident that he’s not going to catch any Alolan Pokémon in general because his team from that region is pretty settled imo and there’s not many options for him to improve his team with.

Alolan Sandslash, Exeggutor and Passimian are the only Pokémon from that region I think would suit Ash and make sense story wise. Alolan water types were either kind of lackluster or already belonged to someone else, Bruxish would’ve been interesting because it was also part psychic type but no..

He had 2 bonding episodes with Exeggutor and Passimian, so he could’ve caught them.. And before Melmetal existed there was a lot of speculation that he would catch Alolan Sandslash because he did need a second ice type Pokémon on his team!

Kommo-o is a nice, but Ash already has the much rarer Naganadel as a dragon type and I don’t think he needs another pseudo-legendary or a fighting type considering he already has Dragonite and Riolu to fill those roles.

If they wanted him to catch those Pokémon, they would’ve taken that chance in the last series.. When Poipole was released, they had over 50 episodes before the Alola League for Ash to catch a new Pokémon or 2 and he didn’t, so I don’t think they’ll open that door up again.

I guess the writers were satisfied with Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Naganadel and Melmetal in terms of rarity and typing. Considering he was going to school and having fun for most of the series, that was a pretty nice team he ended up with!

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

It’s hard to say because he just caught Galarian Farfeche’d but if I had to put some money on it, I’d say Galarian slowpoke. Maybe galarian darumaka to counter Goh!

As for alolan forms, I’m pretty confident that he’s not going to catch any Alolan Pokémon in general because his team is pretty settled imo and there’s not many options for him to improve his team with.

Alolan Sandslash, Exeggutor and Passimian are the only Pokémon from that region I think would suit Ash considering that he was friends with the Exeggutor. He also had that bonding episode with all the Passimian, also before Melmetal existed there was a lot of speculation that he would catch Alolan Sandslash.

Kommo-o is a nice choice for him too but Ash already has the much rarer Naganadel as a dragon type and I don’t think he needs another pseudo-legendary or a fighting type considering he already has Dragonite and Riolu to fill those roles.
Naganadel already served its purpose and is back in ultra space where it belongs. Catching Kommo-o will give him a more permanent team member like the rest of his team at Kukui’s. Besides if he uses any of his Alola pokemon for any future PWC then the pokemon at Kukui’s are far more realistic options.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
speaking of Naganadel, I wonder if Ash would even be allowed to use in the pokemon world tournament since ultra beasts aren't well known outside of alola...and it's a being from a different dimension.

Naganadel being a temporal member of Ash's alola team kind does make me want him to get 1-2 more pokemon from alola because he technically only had 4 for the long haul if you don't count Pikachu.

Hoenn was just as bad with only 5, so I wouldn't mind 1-2 from their either.

Mew29240

speaking of Naganadel, I wonder if Ash would even be allowed to use in the pokemon world tournament since ultra beasts aren't well known outside of alola...and it's a being from a different dimension.

I don't see trainers using Ultra Beasts (with exceptions like Nihilego, Guzzlord, and maybe Celesteela) being any more unfair than them using Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, or Dynamaxing (if the other doesn't have a Band) against someone who doesn't have them. So long as they can be controlled, anyway.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Naganadel being a temporal member of Ash's alola team kind does make me want him to get 1-2 more pokemon from alola because he technically only had 4 for the long haul if you don't count Pikachu.

Hoenn was just as bad with only 5, so I wouldn't mind 1-2 from their either.
If the writers ever bring back Naganadel (viewers will definitely still remember the thing since it's still a very recent mon of his) I guarantee that Naganadel will be used. Can be used to have Ash stand out more with him owning a rare mon that no one else does and doesn't even exist in his world.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just give him Sandslash like he should have done in SM and he can catch whatever, I've waited a long long time for him to own a Sandslash and another Ice type...

And Obstagoon cause it's my favorite Galar Pokemon, and it'd be nice to have something else to throw at the "Ash can't catch evil/mean Pokemon!" crowd. That excuse is just annoying...