• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What regional forms do you think Ash will capture?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That's on Goh for now.
Goh's is what BW rotation was, a failure so no biggie. And he's not much of the main focus/attraction despite being a protagonist as well anyways kek.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Goh's is what BW rotation was, a failure so no biggie. And he's not much of the main focus/attraction despite being a protagonist as well anyways kek.
Difference is Ash had plenty of reasons to use as many team members as he could, but the story heavily downplayed it, not even bothering to give Palpitoad personal focus. Of course that failed biiiiiiiiiiiiiig time.

Goh seemingly has no reason other than to justify the fact he's the only traveling companion completely created out of nothing, so the story heavily downplays the fact he is searching for Mew in what amounts to a needle in a mountain of a haystack (he doesn't even bother to research sightings of Mew but simply just goes wherever Cerise decides to make them Goh). As to keep him from being just the "smart" guy to Ash's "dumb"(?) guy routine, he was given the goal to catch every Pokemon to give him a better excuse to go on a world(?) tour. The "failure" part only shows because he is a very generic collector not interested in taking part of battling action; something this world into battling tends to reprimand him on from time to time (which is funny and tragic in some ways, because that makes him feel like a huge weirdo, similar to Chloe).

You don't like Pokemon?

Or...

You like Pokemon but don't enjoy battling?

What is wrong with you?!

(Hmm. This sounds like a pretty hilarious setup for a fan fic.)

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Difference is Ash had plenty of reasons to use as many team members as he could, but the story heavily downplayed it, not even bothering to give Palpitoad personal focus. Of course that failed biiiiiiiiiiiiiig time.

Goh seemingly has no reason other than to justify the fact he's the only traveling companion completely created out of nothing, so the story heavily downplays the fact he is searching for Mew in what amounts to a needle in a mountain of a haystack (he doesn't even bother to research sightings of Mew but simply just goes wherever Cerise decides to make them Goh). As to keep him from being just the "smart" guy to Ash's "dumb"(?) guy routine, he was given the goal to catch every Pokemon to give him a better excuse to go on a world(?) tour. The "failure" part only shows because he is a very generic collector not interested in taking part of battling action; something this world into battling tends to reprimand him on from time to time (which is funny and tragic in some ways, because that makes him feel like a huge weirdo, similar to Chloe).
Let’s also not forget marketing and favoritism played a part in the BW rotation disaster. It was basically Pikachu, the 3 starters, Scraggy, and the last spot being up for rotation which unfortunately was usually taken by Krookodile which then went on to be permanently taken by Charizard and the rest of the Unova squad especially Unfezant (who was the one getting replaced at the time) being Oaked.

Pteranodonte

If one lands in Japan, it's a special case. So many buildings reach up into the skies, and streets are always crowded. It's a recipe for disaster (I mean, that's probably the main reason why the Disaster Report series even exists).

Now compare an earthquake in some little forgotten US city. There, only a few casualties. In a Japanese city? More likely than not, thousands upon thousands will suffer.
I get it, but again: why censor a move of a fictional game in its anime adaptation? Earthquakes will happen regardless of them having a monster in a cartoon causing one. We are all tired of seeing only the usual Dig/Bulldoze as Ground types moves. And also, why Earthquake is not used but Bulldoze is, since they are almost the same thing? I will never understand japanese "logic".

MartínK

I get it, but again: why censor a move of a fictional game in its anime adaptation? Earthquakes will happen regardless of them having a monster in a cartoon causing one. We are all tired of seeing only the usual Dig/Bulldoze as Ground types moves. And also, why Earthquake is not used but Bulldoze is, since they are almost the same thing? I will never understand japanese "logic".

Earth Power and High Horsepower are also used, i don't remember if Stomping Tantrum was used in S/M

About the regionals forms i always wanted for Ash to get an Alolan Sandslash, now i would like him to catch a Galarian Darmanitan.

EDIT: I'm not counting galarian Zigzagoon cause Obstagoon is not a regional form, just like Sirfetch'd

Master Pikachu 11

Earth Power and High Horsepower are also used, i don't remember if Stomping Tantrum was used in S/M

About the regionals forms i always wanted for Ash to get an Alolan Sandslash, now i would like him to catch a Galarian Darmanitan.

EDIT: I'm not counting galarian Zigzagoon cause Obstagoon is not a regional form, just like Sirfetch'd
Hapu showed it off with Mudsdale.
I would like Alolan Sandslash as well, but I wouldn’t mind Galarian Darmanitan with its Zen mode either

PsychoLogical

Stomping Tantrum was never used. High Horsepower was used by Mudsdale. Earth Power was never used in SM but was used by a wild Nidoking in JN001.
Alolan Sandslash is also my choice since I just want him to get a permanent second Ice type for once.
Hapu showed it off with Mudsdale.
I would like Alolan Sandslash as well, but I wouldn’t mind Galarian Darmanitan with its Zen mode either
Stomping Tantrum was never used in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Galarian Jiguzaguma looks absolutely adorable, but I don't want Satoshi to get one because in this series he's going to need strong evolved Pokemon if he wants to succeed in future World Championship battles, which means that he'd inevitably have to evolve Jiguzaguma, and I really don't like either of its evolved forms.