• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What role will Malamar have in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

They said that at some point they'll return in the future; but what do you think they'll do? I know some people suggested that they are connected to Team Flare but the portal they vanished into kind of looked like one of Hoopa's.
[IMG139]http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/857/DP335.jpg[/IMG139]

ShadowForce720

I know some people are saying that the Malamar could be connected to Team Flare but after seeing their plan to alter the planet for themselves I have to say that if they are connected to Team Flare it is that they were apart of Team Flare in the past but not anymore because it they seem to be more independent and working for themselves and plus wasn't Team Flare plan not to alter the planet but it was instead to kill all the pokemon because they think it would make the planet more beautiful or something then again maybe I'm wrong feel free to correct me if I am.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know some people suggested that they are connected to Team Flare but the portal they vanished into kind of looked like one of Hoopa's.

It doesn't have the golden ring around the edge like Hoopa's portals though, so I doubt the Malamar are connected to him.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that the Malamar come from an alternate future where they are in a bad situation with humans and thus is why they became evil;. They went back in time to our present to change their situation. It is also interesting to note that these three Pokemon are some of the few EVIL Pokemon ever to be seen in both the anime and games. They clearly know what they are doing and they have had ill will towards anyone who opposes them.

Amourshpping

They said that at some point they'll return in the future; but what do you think they'll do? I know some people suggested that they are connected to Team Flare but the portal they vanished into kind of looked like one of Hoopa's.

maybe hoopa is connected to team flare so there for malmar is to?

LizardonX

Banned
A small and insignificant one that has no impact outside the one episode it returns.

It will also be taken down incredibly easily and it's plans will come to naught.

ShadowForce720

I have my doubts about that since so far the only place we know where going to see Hoopa is in move 18 we have no idea if it will pop up in the anime and also that seem quite a stretched why would Hoopa help Team Flare and there is nothing that hints that Hoopa would. Also the more we learn about the Malmar the less likely that they are connected with Team Flare and just look at their plan for instance they want to alter the planet to make it more suitable for them and Also they are apparently from what they said from the Future and we don't know how far so Team Flare might have already been defeated in the Future and then the Malmar has shown up if they have anything to do with Team Flare it is probably that they were bullied or had their home destroyed by Team Flare when they were just little Inkay.

MattySadler

Ash will catch it and reform it into a good guy

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't buy the theory of them being connected to team Flare.

I think think they'll be a recurring villan to lead to Inkay's evolution.

Ѕhiny Missingno

Why don't you like the Malamar?

He did not state anything like that in this thread.

As Lorde said, no golden ring around the portal so no Hoopa involved. Besides, Hoopa already gets whole freaking movie for itself.

Ash will catch it and reform it into a good guy

That's a nice baseless theory you got there. Tell me more about all of those times Ash has caught a pokémon for that purpose.

ShadowForce720

I don't buy the theory of them being connected to team Flare.

I think think they'll be a recurring villan to lead to Inkay's evolution.

You know that is an interesting idea maybe it could be a Malmar launches an attack that causes James to fall off the cliff while the Malmar is holding Inkay with it's arms seeing that James is falling off a cliff Inkay suddenly starts to evolve and you here V volt come on and the force of the evolution as well as the change in size Inkay is going through knocks Malmar back while Inkay as it finishes evolving into a Malmar goes to save James it manages to save him at the last second by using Psychic or grabbing him then it the evil Malmar comes down and try to attack James again but this time it gets pushed back by James's Malmar who then knocks the evil Malmar out. How does that sound?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I feel like Team Flare would have been an entry point with these Pokemon but we haven't had a hint or anything. Then again, we never see solo wild Pokemon antagonists. It's an unusual conflict.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I could see the evil Malamar and Team Flare working together, assuming the evil Malamar are not already members. They want to change the environment to something more suitable for them and Team Flare wants to create a beautiful world by destroying all sentient life on it save for them. I could easily see Team Flare being convinced that it's humans that are the primary problem and would be willing to help out the Malamar make a "beautiful" world if the Malamar help them with their goals. I could also easily see one side or the other backstabbing each other, or they both decide to backstab each other once they feel as if the other side has outlived its usefulness.

Lorde

Why would he be though? Nothing thus far really implies that imo. I think the Malamar trio is either working alone or with Team Flare in my opinion, with no relation to Hoopa. :c

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I still think that the evil Malamar come from an alternate future where humans have made the lives of Pokemon horrible to the Malamar's eyes and they want to change the future for themselves no matter what the cost if it prevents them from suffering. I cannot find any other explanation as to why they would want to make both humans and Pokemon suffer alike. These Malamar are clearly evil on their own and seem not to have had any humans to encourage their evil plans other than the possible theory of the ones that made them suffer in the future if my theory is correct.

Lorde

As much as I like that I don't see it happening and Ash didn't seem interested in catching it anyway.

I agree, plus James already has Inkay, and I can't imagine Ash catching a member of the same line. Malamar seems really sinister anyway; maybe it won't even be redeemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.