• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What role will Malamar have in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The Malamar that we see in the Data Broadcast could be owned by Xerosic, and it will be used to battle Clemont.

Markerz

RIP Malamar trio. They teleported into an unknown universe, and that universe was our universe, where they are now calamari for someone's meal.

marrycherrylips

[I feel like this was just a one time villain that we never see again. It doesnt matter that they promised to come back. lots of times in shows villains or characters promise to come back but they never do. Like that ninja in kirby right back at ya that promised he'd one day return to get revenge on kirby but never did.

the writers probably have no idea how to bring them back or when and are hoping people will forget about them

the malamar set to appear next episode is more than likely battling clement for xerosic

Supersonicbro

So, looks like the malamar weren't in today's episode. So then, what is the deal with them? With the "it all comes together" stuff going on with sun and moon, does anyone think they could return in the next season?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So, looks like the malamar weren't in today's episode. So then, what is the deal with them? With the "it all comes together" stuff going on with sun and moon, does anyone think they could return in the next season?

I hope so. They never finished that story and I enjoyed it, it gave James and Inkay more development something they really needed to show.
But I'm kinda glad they aren't going to get their end shoved into the Team Flare arc, they deserve their own story.

Haunter ゴースト

It would have been cool to have them all working with Xerosic, hopefully the writers will conclude their story but i don't see any opportinity in XY to finish it.

Kirby4ever

For all we know, the writers might have scrapped their story and aren't planning to bring them back.

Red and Blue

We still have a few episodes left before SM. Maybe there could be one or two episodes to wrap up the Malamar plot. Hell, involve Iris and kill two birds with one stone

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
It would have been cool to have them all working with Xerosic, hopefully the writers will conclude their story but i don't see any opportinity in XY to finish it.

They're going to be carried over to Alola and we find out that UB-01 is their leader. We then get a conclusion when Clemont and Bonnie get their cameo where they visit Alola for an inventors fair. QWhile there the Malamar hypnotize everyone but Clemont, James and the new male companion and those three team up to take them down once and for all.

And end my crazy story.

Supersonicbro

They're going to be carried over to Alola and we find out that UB-01 is their leader. We then get a conclusion when Clemont and Bonnie get their cameo where they visit Alola for an inventors fair. QWhile there the Malamar hypnotize everyone but Clemont, James and the new male companion and those three team up to take them down once and for all.

And end my crazy story.

.............................................now I'm going to be sad if this doesn't happen.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
For all we know, the writers might have scrapped their story and aren't planning to bring them back.

Considering how they've been rushing things lately I won't be surprised at all

Haunter ゴースト

And end my crazy story.

That, is a fairly good plot.

Make it happen.

Navin

MALDREAD
Revealing that the Gangster Malamar were actually trying to summon an Ultra Beast would be a sick foreshadow.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not what they were originally intending, and only thought of it once the S&M dossier was given to them.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
We still have a few episodes left before SM. Maybe there could be one or two episodes to wrap up the Malamar plot. Hell, involve Iris and kill two birds with one stone

I don't think the writing staff will end their subplot now that XYZ has only a few episodes left honestly and I won't be that bothered by that any ways cuz I didn't like those evil Malamars much. Team Flare has overshadowed them for the better I think.

Kirby4ever

To be fair that happens in all of the series in Pokemon. Actually to be fair that happens all the time in other anime/manga as well, just maybe not as frequent.
It happens in other shows as well, so it's nothing new.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
looking like i was right. they have no plans to ever bring them back. it was an empty threat

It kind of reminds me of how the Hunter J threat ended in Dp, although at least Hunter J got a proper exit from the show by dying where as the Malamars just kind of disappeared ages ago. :[

Franckie

Malamar who? Pretty clear by now the writers forgot about them, and if they didn't, dropped the subplot since it failed to tie into the main plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.