• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What saga did you came back to after your own hiatus?

Where did you come back to the anime series?

• Orange Islands

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Hoenn and Kanto BF

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Unova

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I ever disliked the anime is when Misty left, but I grew to like AG, and so I got used to it (didn't like character replacement back then).

I started losing interest altogether when the dub switch occurred and the show moved to CN. I still followed it, and really disliked it during that time period. Watching it after Season 8 gave me a terrible headache.

Middle of DP is when I stopped watching entirely. I didn't start watching until the end of DP again. So, I left during mid-Sinnoh, and returned during the end of Sinnoh.

I watch BW sporadically. I think it's alright, and occasionally good. Regained interest with it.

Last edited:

Zubeon

I watched the original run up until early in Johto Journeys, then stopped. A few years later I picked up again for Advanced Battle and stopped again somewhere in Battle Frontier.

Now I'm bingeing from the start, up to Advanced.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I stopped at around AG because I moved countries. I only started back around DP, then after it ended, I stopped watching for about 1 year ~ 2 year, all until BWS2 when Dawn came back. After Dawn left, I just read the EP episodes. But my longest hiatus was AG to DP

Blazicken

Sex on fire
1st hiatus was very long: I forgot about pokemon while johto was airing, untill early Sinnoh was airing. I watched the whole Hoen and kanto BF-sagas.
2nd hiatus was shorter: Sinnoh reached the Sinnoh Grand Festival, and thus I watched from the start of sinnoh till that point.
Since then I've kept myself informed on the current devellopments.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I've always been watching it ever since. That way I'll know what to judge on compared to those who don't watch the whole show and only certain series.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I watched Pokemon from the start in the UK, but towards the end of Johto, I started to miss episodes, and people around me started to fall out of the series, and then when Misty left, that was when I decided to give up on the series. About a year or so later, I found out about Ruby and Sapphire from a friend, so eventually, reluctantly though I got back into the series, the games only though, as my obsession grew, I then began to give the anime a chance, I didn't like all the new things, the new cast, contests, so I was still reluctant about it, but there was something about it that made me tune into the occassional episode such as when Misty returned, or when Bulbasaur came back for an episode. When Battle Frontier started, my interest perked up a bit, but I felt it was too late into AG too watch it eagerly. But then DP arrived, I heard Ash had been replaced, so I wanted to check out the new series, I watched the first episode, to find Ash hadn't been replaced, and saw Dawn being a coordinator, so I was a little disappointed, but I watched the 2nd and 3rd episode that followed on CN and really enjoyed it, seeing the opening and seeing all the new pokemon Ash was going to get, a Starly, and Turtwig (who became a favourite of mine instantly) made me very excited. I stuck with the series, tuning into every episode on a Saturday night after work. It was something I looked forward to on the weekend. And so I returned to the series full time. However, BW started, and my interest in the anime started to fade, I was still interested in the games, but the anime not so much, my interest was ignited again when Dawn came back, but alas, I've lost interest again. I think I'll tune in again shortly, with what I know is going to happen shortly, but I don't see me sticking around for a long time with the anime.

Encyclopika

The Queen
I stopped watching in the middle of Johto and came back at the tail end of it. Then I stopped watching again during the middle of Sinnoh and haven't really watched much since then. I still keep up with major events, but I'm never around when it airs. :(

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I dropped out during BWS2, but M16 is making me interested again. Might watch Episode N when it comes to the UK.

If M16 turns out horribly for me though, then I'll drop the animé and never look back.

Oshawotter

I took a break around the middle of AG, probably Advanced Challenge before I returned during DP's Battle Dimensions

I never officially quit watching Pokemon, I had to stop watching for about a year and a half when Pokemon moved to Cartoon Network, and at that time my family only had very basic cable, no CN. I was saddened. After that my family got Dish Net, and CN was included, so I caught up on every missed episode, and up to this point, I have not missed any episode.

Steelrush

Banned
I stopped watching the anime when the original series ended, mainly due to my little brother discontinuing watching it. And the thing about him was that he reacted in a very uncivilized way whenever he didn't get his way, so...

:p

I got back into watching it in late 2010, when I found ways to watch the shows on the internet. In my case, I pretty much like most of the seasons, but have mixed emotions on the BW series. My step-brothers, sister, and biological brother like the OS series the best, while my grandma has a fondness for ALL of them. Right now I like the Johto episodes the best, but that could change in the future.

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
I stopped watching consistently around mid-AG. I suppose if I had to pick a series I actually invested in and returned to, it would be the current one, though I'm beginning to drift away from the anime again.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I can't believe some kids would just give up on the whole series like that for just one character leaving. It's amazing what I'm reading in here. I used to like Misty back in the day, but I used to watch Pokémon for the pokemon. If they has got rid of Ash after Johto, then people would have really stopped watching the damn series. But I liked all of series to a degree. I hope people learn their lessons about giving a new series a chance and not just abandoned it like it was yesterday's trash.

pokemon fan 132

I can't believe some kids would just give up on the whole series like that for just one character leaving. It's amazing what I'm reading in here. I used to like Misty back in the day, but I used to watch Pokémon for the pokemon. If they has got rid of Ash after Johto, then people would have really stopped watching the damn series. But I liked all of series to a degree. I hope people learn their lessons about giving a new series a chance and not just abandoned it like it was yesterday's trash.

You would be surprised how many people watch this show for specific characters. Take out TR or Ash permanently from anime and i can guarantee you anime will lose many viewers. Which is perfectly understandable, because when people grow attached to certain character tending to enjoy in anime more when he is around, when you take out one of key parts why they liked show is when that same show starts to lose to them purpose.

Especially if great deal of humor and charisma, or identity someone brought to anime is taken away with his leaving.

Additionally back than people invested more into characters not being used to cast changes like its case now, with first girl departure causing more shock than her successors created for understandable reasons.

You would be surprised how many people watch this show for specific characters. Take out TR or Ash permanently from anime and i can guarantee you anime will lose many viewers. Which is perfectly understandable, because when people grow attached to certain character tending to enjoy in anime more when he is around, when you take out one of key parts why they liked show is when that same show starts to lose to them purpose.

Especially if great deal of humor and charisma, or identity someone brought to anime is taken away with his leaving.

Additionally back than people invested more into characters not being used to cast changes like its case now, with first girl departure causing more shock than her successors created for understandable reasons.

Agreed. I was so angry when Misty left at the end of OS myself. Very saddened myself by that decision at the time. Characters tend to leave a big impression on you and replacing them does tend to lower one's interest in a show. Especially if that character is one's favorite, or they feel they had a unique dynamic with the others.

Nowadays, I don't mind character replacing as much since I'm so used to it by now (along with the current dub voices since the switch), but I haven't really looked upon either favorably for the most part.

Outburstz

Misty left I left. I followed what happen in the following series but I did not watch every episode like I used to. (Mainly just league and few gym battles)
Came back for Sinnoh because the rivals were good.( Paul and Barry mainly and Bianca with the booty)
Left again with Unova (Pikachu losing to a lv 5 started told me everything I needed to know about how this was going to go) and now I am watching again because of Charizard's return

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I have never stopped watching pokemon. I mainly watch it now because I want to see if they are ever going to do something about Ash's situation or just leave him hanging without anything to show for his time on the show all these years.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Stopped watching around 2002 (lost Kids WB), came back to where I left off, skipped some episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.