• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What scared or still scares you in pokemon games?

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
The rules are simple.

Tell us about something in pokemon that scared or scares you. Be it pokemon, place, or character.

I'm just gonna start off with the Sealed Chamber. In pokemon Emerald when I finally found out how you got there and what not I was really hyped! Then when I dove up, that mysterious music started playing. The whole place was barren, with only the braile messages all around me. So I got my brother to translate. So learning about this scary sealed pokemon, in a cryptic ruined cave with creepy music kinda made me never go there again. It didn't help that the Regi caves had the same music...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Nothing does, if I wanted to be scared I would watch a great horror movie.

Frytrix

When i was younger back in my D&P days me and my cousin explored every inch of sinnoh every house etc then came a day when i heard about a cool electric pokemon in eterna forest in an odd house...I never noticed this house originally so i was intrigued so i progressed in and saw gardenia and i heeded her warning of 'house being haunted' but i proggressed for this rare pokemon...I saw al the ghosts floating around and i was TERRIFIED it was very late at night So dont judge haha :c

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm just gonna start off with the Sealed Chamber. In pokemon Emerald when I finally found out how you got there and what not I was really hyped! Then when I dove up, that mysterious music started playing. The whole place was barren, with only the braile messages all around me. So I got my brother to translate. So learning about this scary sealed pokemon, in a cryptic ruined cave with creepy music kinda made me never go there again. It didn't help that the Regi caves had the same music...

Yeah, Sealed Chamber was unsettling, even if there was nothing but the braille writing. It was probably the music.

For starters, when I was eight, I had gotten lost in Mt. Moon in Yellow, and had a nightmare about finding a black cat (that looked like Purrloin) and it ate my Pikachu and then me. So I guess getting lost in the caves kinda scared me, but what didn't help was the music of those caves. The soundtrack's fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the music used in Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel, and Victory Road creeped me out.

Then Ilex Forest and Ruins of Alph came around. And they creep me out more-so than Mt. Moon, and it's because of the music. That freaking music... it's like the music manifestation of you always being watched. With your ears.

Though the Haunted Chateau in D/P/Pt has to definitely be the most unnerving part of the Pokémon games, next to that abandoned house in Black/White 2. Like oh my goodness... and I went through those places in the daytime, and I was still unnerved by it.

The Odd Keystone showing up behind you in Sea Mauville was creepy, though, good Lord.

And recently, when I descended into Cave of Origin in Omega Ruby, I found the rumbles and roars that Groudon was making throughout the cave was a freaky touch. Your character has to seriously be a badass to just continue down that hole--alone--to meet a dangerous, ancient Pokémon that was going to destroy the world if it didn't get calmed down. And I think the worst thing was you didn't really know when you were going to run into it. There was like a good few floors to go through before you did, and you could hear it from the top floor. That... honestly wasn't a very pleasant experience for me, lol.

Those little touches have always unnerved me every time I play Pokémon, it doesn't matter in what version. There's always going to be something that makes me shiver, and majority of the time, it's the music. Which is probably the point, it's always the music.

Frytrix

Game Freak can really play with your nerves haha Its just beautiful <3

TheGreaterLucario

Lavender Town. Because I've read WAY too many Pokemon creepypastas, I now refuse to set foot in that town unless I absolutely HAVE to.

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Ok I have three things that have absolutely scared me to death to just turning my sound down and everything.

1. The Lost Silver creepy pasta. It's ridiculous how he just turns pale completly disappearing and then dieing and his partner cundaquil dying it's just crazy.

2. Ruins of Alph. After reading that creepy pasta mentioned above the Ruins of Alph scared me so much in especially G/S/C. I eventually recorded the music and played it backwards and then that just got me thing about the lost silver creepy pasta.

3. The Old Chateau. Now this one oh oh oh this one creeped me out the most. The music oh my gosh the music..... I couldn't stand it I turned down my sound every time after the first time going there. That one painting in that one room where genera is watching you. The first time I saw that I had no idea what it was and didn't notice it till I walked closer and I saw something go away. I then moved away to exit and then I noticed the eyes and I just shut my ds top down with possibly the fastest reflexes I have ever seen. Then I researched it and found out it was just a Gengar and it didn't scare me as much. The ghosts scared the crap out of me as well. If I remember correctly there where 3 ghosts a butler, a man and a little girl. The main reason they were creepy is the way they moved just floating no leg movement whatsoever. Then I researched the ghosts and the story I found was that The father was drunk and had his daughter wouldn't go to sleep I don't remember it very well but she came down to him and he got mad and doused her with alcohol then burned her somehow the butler tried to fight the father but the father killed the butler. Then the father hanged himself or committed suicide in some way.

Thanks if you read all this way.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Mega Salamence. That Pokemon can obliterate pretty much anything in its path with no worries.

Frytrix

Ok I have three things that have absolutely scared me to death to just turning my sound down and everything.

1. The Lost Silver creepy pasta. It's ridiculous how he just turns pale completly disappearing and then dieing and his partner cundaquil dying it's just crazy.

2. Ruins of Alph. After reading that creepy pasta mentioned above the Ruins of Alph scared me so much in especially G/S/C. I eventually recorded the music and played it backwards and then that just got me thing about the lost silver creepy pasta.

3. The Old Chateau. Now this one oh oh oh this one creeped me out the most. The music oh my gosh the music..... I couldn't stand it I turned down my sound every time after the first time going there. That one painting in that one room where genera is watching you. The first time I saw that I had no idea what it was and didn't notice it till I walked closer and I saw something go away. I then moved away to exit and then I noticed the eyes and I just shut my ds top down with possibly the fastest reflexes I have ever seen. Then I researched it and found out it was just a Gengar and it didn't scare me as much. The ghosts scared the crap out of me as well. If I remember correctly there where 3 ghosts a butler, a man and a little girl. The main reason they were creepy is the way they moved just floating no leg movement whatsoever. Then I researched the ghosts and the story I found was that The father was drunk and had his daughter wouldn't go to sleep I don't remember it very well but she came down to him and he got mad and doused her with alcohol then burned her somehow the butler tried to fight the father but the father killed the butler. Then the father hanged himself or committed suicide in some way.

Thanks if you read all this way.

Creepy pasta in general is terryfying...*shudders*

I never ever read origin story for old chataue Thanks for telling hahaha thats just scary O_O

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Since the original versions, I always had that irrationnal fear of walking in tall grass, finding a random encounter but the silouhette would be something I can't identify at first sight. The colors would turn on and it would show a ghostly shape with "a wild DEATH appears!". My imagination never told me what would happen next, but it can't be flowers and fluffy bunnies...
And to this day, nearly 20 years later, I still have a little chill down the spine if I can't tell the Pokémon I come across before the color turns in. Phew, it was only a Puppitar....

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
The Lumiose Ghost Girl. You happen upon her in a completely normal building. The music just stops, and the way she glides... Stands out when everyone else walks normally.

zozo

SLIMED!
I do have to agree with everyone who cites the Fairy girls as scary. Those things are frightening, even making the possessed Hex maniacs from Kanto look pretty tame.

But I'm going to go with Snorunt and its line. If not scary, it's at least unsettling.
Snorunt is a Pokemon that looks straight up miserable, and it appears to be shivering to death.
Upon evolution into Glalie, it becomes a disembodied head that seems to have given in to the cold, and is encased in a great deal of thick ice. Glalie always made me think that Snorunt actually die when they evolve, becoming basically an animated frozen corpse. But at least they seem to be less miserable than Snorunt!

Then Froslass was released, which has Ghost and Ice typing, which seems to confirm the fact that Snorunt die when they evolve. The only difference being that Froslass seem to be the disembodied spirit of the Snorunt, encased in ice (hence the ghost typing), whereas Glalie is the animated frozen body of Snorunt.

Of course, none of that is confirmed by the Pokedex or anything. It's just some head-canon that made sense to me. But it always creeped me out, knowing that the only way to stop poor Snorunt's shivering was to evolve it, and evolving it meant (seemingly, to me) making it die.

Last edited:

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
The Distortion World got me about my third time into it. At first I thought it was cool....then I really took in the music and looked into that void that, based off of pokemon logic, Cyrus' pokemon now stay in because of the pokemon sprites falling through the floor when fainted. Seriously, that's the only time I questioned that. Not to mention the Giratina jumpscares and the barren and lonely feel to it. A fitting prison for Giratina and hopefully Cyrus, too.

TheGreaterLucario

Since the original versions, I always had that irrationnal fear of walking in tall grass, finding a random encounter but the silouhette would be something I can't identify at first sight. The colors would turn on and it would show a ghostly shape with "a wild DEATH appears!". My imagination never told me what would happen next, but it can't be flowers and fluffy bunnies...
And to this day, nearly 20 years later, I still have a little chill down the spine if I can't tell the Pokémon I come across before the color turns in. Phew, it was only a Puppitar....

Oh, you mean like THIS?

pokemon_fire_red_wild_death_appeared__by_creepypasta81691-d52lqcp.jpg

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Upon evolution into Glalie, it becomes a disembodied head that seems to have given in to the cold, becoming solid (Rock typing) and encased in a great deal of thick ice (Ice typing). Glalie always made me think that Snorunt actually die when they evolve, becoming basically an animated frozen corpse. But at least they seem to be less miserable than Snorunt!

Glalie isn't a rock type.

I get spooked by the white hand creepypasta, its just so....creepy!
Also, i get freaked out by Parasect! A zombie!

Vern

Why not both?
The fact that paras dies when it evolves. I mean... what? And with those mushrooms...

I also found the silhouette of kyogre under the water a bit unsettling.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
The person who shows up while you talk to phoebe in ORAS. What the heck man?!