• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Series Are You Watching?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ha ha, the Chunin Exams.

I like how teamwork was highly promoted, but Sakura and Sasuke basically ditched Naruto in the written test, and teamwork was basically thrown out the window once crossing the Forest of Death by having everyone beat each other up regardless of affiliation.
Fun times :)

TwilightBlade

Finished the entirety of Westworld last week. Was real impressed with season 1 and season 2 was inconsistent but still good especially the episodes where Maeve had a huge role.

Season 3 was so bad though because the entire genre of the show changed and the new characters were nothing compared to the old cast. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a show's progression before. :[

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Don't know if it counts, but European Football Cup. I mean I've devoted several hours a day and I've watch about 30 matches for the past week as if watching a series.

Also finished S1 of Stranger Things and just watched the penultimate episode of Loki. Going to start S2 of Stranger Things tomorrow.

Finished Stranger Things s3. Wow. I kinda thought that the tone shifted too much (the mystery was done, Will was saved, the monster locked away: so what can you do?) and the writers were grasping at anything to make a storyline -and thus: LeftoverMonster+Russians-, but the emotional threads were quite effective. Billy was pretty much the highlight of the season.

Neverending Story had me in stitches, no joke. Every reactionshot was killer. Best part is that due how to the radios work you could only transmit one way - so they couldn't hear each other, so everybody probably only heard Dustin's part - which makes it even more hilarious.

Also, the links to David Harbour's BlackWidow-role are amazing.

Finished the entirety of Westworld last week. Was real impressed with season 1 and season 2 was inconsistent but still good especially the episodes where Maeve had a huge role.

Season 3 was so bad though because the entire genre of the show changed and the new characters were nothing compared to the old cast. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a show's progression before. :[

Season3 is definitely not for everyone - and I struggled during my initial watch. Heck, I put in on hold for months. After the 2nd episode it really gets rolling and you can see how it actually flows quite naturally from the events of Season2.

The genre never changed. It's primarily a sciencefiction piece. It just had a Western-aesthetic for most of Season1. You might've thought you were looking at a Western (because visuals), but the story was about the rise of AI and its relation to humanity, BigData Resourcing and BigData controlling humanity.

TwilightBlade

The genre never changed. It's primarily a sciencefiction piece. It just had a Western-aesthetic for most of Season1. You might've thought you were looking at a Western (because visuals), but the story was about the rise of AI and its relation to humanity, BigData Resourcing and BigData controlling humanity.
I meant how it went from science fiction with a dash of the wild west storyline to it then becoming heavily dystopian-ish. When I first heard about the show I thought it was just going to merge sci-fi with western clichés and that the setting wouldn't change drastically but then it did and the tone of the series became more serious. I think the moment when I began disliking season 3 was when I noticed the shift in how the story was putting more emphasis on how cruel the world was to actual humans compared to how the first 2 seasons put more emphasis on the struggles of the hosts.

I've begun watching Game of Thrones. Season 1 flew by fast and I'm beginning season 2 next weekend. I liked season 1 because it did a good job of getting me hooked but the nudity and sex scenes were awkward to watch. It reminded me of Westworld only Westworld handled nudity in a more artistic way than Game of Thrones. :[

Locormus

I meant how it went from science fiction with a dash of the wild west storyline to it then becoming heavily dystopian-ish. When I first heard about the show I thought it was just going to merge sci-fi with western clichés and that the setting wouldn't change drastically but then it did and the tone of the series became more serious. I think the moment when I began disliking season 3 was when I noticed the shift in how the story was putting more emphasis on how cruel the world was to actual humans compared to how the first 2 seasons put more emphasis on the struggles of the hosts.

I've begun watching Game of Thrones. Season 1 flew by fast and I'm beginning season 2 next weekend. I liked season 1 because it did a good job of getting me hooked but the nudity and sex scenes were awkward to watch. It reminded me of Westworld only Westworld handled nudity in a more artistic way than Game of Thrones. :[

Well, okay, I can see how you came to that conclusion. The narrative still didn't really change though. I'm still not quite sure about my opinion on Season3, but the story was always about revolution against what held the characters down. Be it humans in the park (because they want the host to get big data), or big data in the real world. The flow of how the story goes is still quite natural, but the story expects you to understand so much that it becomes hard to follow.

Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows. The nudity and sex-scenes are meant to put you in that awkward place or serve a character-arc. It's a story about flawed characters. Tyrion being in a brothel when we meet him is part of his character-arc, Daenerys being raped by Khal Drogo makes us feel empathetic towards her and root for her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The second season is better than the first from my perspective, at least in terms of plot and action. The budget increased in that season, so the production staff had more freedom to branch out and adapt material from the book on a much larger scale than they did in season one.

NeganTheSavior

The most recent season of The Walking Dead finally dropped on Netflix and I binged it. I admit I'm not as invested in the show as I used to be due to some...creative decisions with the writing over the years, but this season has been enjoyable for the most part.

Beta is probably the scariest villain the show has ever had. Ryan Hurst is a beast. Gave off horror movie vibes.

A lot of people hated the bonus six episodes that were made with the Covid precautions in place, but I don't mind them. Could've done without the episode of Carol making soup though.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
The most recent season of The Walking Dead finally dropped on Netflix and I binged it. I admit I'm not as invested in the show as I used to be due to some...creative decisions with the writing over the years, but this season has been enjoyable for the most part.

Beta is probably the scariest villain the show has ever had. Ryan Hurst is a beast. Gave off horror movie vibes.

A lot of people hated the bonus six episodes that were made with the Covid precautions in place, but I don't mind them. Could've done without the episode of Carol making soup though.
I had no idea that the season was only now being added to Netflix: I would've thought that it had been added months ago when season 10 ended. With regards to season 10:

I thought it was great overall, with the exception of some of the extra six episodes. 10x21 being the weakest episode of the series thus far from my viewpoint, but if we ignore that the season was generally well-handled. I still don't quite appreciate Kelly's character however, and Michonne's departure irked me a lot as well, although it couldn't be helped.

I know many people who quit watching the show in season 7 and 8, and it's a shame because season 9 and 10 were so much better written.

NeganTheSavior

I had no idea that the season was only now being added to Netflix: I would've thought that it had been added months ago when season 10 ended. With regards to season 10:

I thought it was great overall, with the exception of some of the extra six episodes. 10x21 being the weakest episode of the series thus far from my viewpoint, but if we ignore that the season was generally well-handled. I still don't quite appreciate Kelly's character however, and Michonne's departure irked me a lot as well, although it couldn't be helped.

I know many people who quit watching the show in season 7 and 8, and it's a shame because season 9 and 10 were so much better written.

The reason seasons 9 and 10 feel different and better written is because Angela Kang replaced Scott Gimple as showrunner. Gimple was showrunner from seasons 4-8. He's written some of the best episodes of the series (2.07, 4.14, 5.01, just to name a few. 4.14 being my favorite episode of the whole series) but he didn't make a good showrunner. I feel like he didn't know how to handle the characters. I know the guy who played Jesus (Tom Payne) was upset his character was getting shafted compared to his comic counterpart.

Kang isn't the best writer, but I feel she's helped breathe new life into the characters. It's nice to get more character interactions.

I think the six bonus episodes are better if you watch them on a binge like I did. I know covid precautions were in place at the time and there wasn't a whole lot they could do, but it was something to kinda tide the fans over until the final season.

That said, I loved the Negan episode. I thought it was really cool they got Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife IRL to play Lucille.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Need to get back to Sailor Moon sometime. But I watched through Superfriends and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Really kind of takes me back to Cartoon Network 1999-2000 (we moved to a new state in 99 and didn't have CN until that point).

Also did rebinging of The Owl House and Young Justice. Far from dissatisfied with today's animation, but I like to support favorite titles when possible just the same:-D.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I’m watching “Chris Chan: A Comprehensive History” by GenoSamuel. It reads like a psych horror movie…but it actually happened.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I’m watching “Chris Chan: A Comprehensive History” by GenoSamuel. It reads like a psych horror movie…but it actually happened.
I've watched up to the installments that cover the year 2016 I believe, but I stopped watching faithfully because the series makes me sad. It's not that I feel particular sympathy towards Chris Chan herself, but rather because the events in her life happen in an endless loop and it's tiring watching her make the same mistakes over and over again. Her increasing sense of self-importance and cyber-begging in the later installments was also wearing thin on me, so I'm glad that I stopped watching otherwise I might've actually developed a genuine hatred for her.

NeganTheSavior

Just watched both parts of The Walking Dead season premiere. These are probably the best episodes this show has done in years. They brought back the horror element this show has been missing for the longest time.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I finished watching Amphibia and Centaurworld, both are great shows that look silly at first but become more serious as the episodes go.

Finished watching Centur World. Great show for such a silly idea it can get dark really fast! I still have the Nowhere King's song stuck in my head.
SAME! It's sounds so calming but lyrics are creepy!!!

Locormus

Finished DareDevil S1. Now a couple of episodes into Jessico Jones S1. Interesting that they introduced Luke Cage in the first episode, but I guess that's what Marvel tends to do anyway.

Really like the feel of these Netflix shows, but each episode is just so long that I tend to lose focus.

I originally wanted (heck, expected) to finish most of the shows before SpiderMan No Way Home would come out, but that's no longer the case. I've got to make choices. I'm going for this order:

DareDevil1: Check, loved it.
JessicaJones1
DareDevil2
LukeCage1
IronFist1
Defenders

Depending on how much time I have left until December, I might work through part of the original remaining timeline (Punisher1, JJ2, LC2,IF2) - if I don't have time I'll probably skip to DareDevil3 around early late November/Early December - and then go back round to whatever I had missed and finish with Punisher2 and Jessica Jones season 3.

And then cry that there's no confirmed DareDevil season 4 (unless they announce that for Disney+).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm in the middle of rewatching Highlander (the tv series). I miss that show.