• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Series Are You Watching?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Finished watching Alice in Borderland. Just started to watch My Name (not my actual name
:cry:
).
Oh I watched Alice in Borcerland too.... u know anything smilier?

JayZz

Just finished 'only murders in the building' (Hulu) with Steve Martin/Selena Gomez. Basically a murder mystery with some interesting third wall stuff going on.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I watched The Beatles Get Back. And I have to be honest, it was way better than I thought it would be. If you're a fan of the group, it's very interesting to see.

So basically what this is without going too much into it, because you can just watch Peter Jackson do that. The Beatles recorded one of their last albums mostly in front of cameras, in the late 60s. So much of what you see here is that footage from them recording the album, which has been locked up in a vault for decades. Pretty much, they didn't want anybody to see the footage, but Peter Jackson negotiated with lawyers and estates and all that nice stuff, to get access to it. He more/less said, 'Just let me take a look. If it's terrible, I won't use it.' And it ended up being really good footage. So after some more negotiations, he ended up being able to do this documentary about it.

I'll tell you what this is not. This is not some over inflated, over dramatic cinematic miniseries that's played up for the sake of television. And despite being on Disney's streaming service, it's not sugarcoated and it's not censored. It's uncut footage of them recording the album and coming up with the ideas for what to put in it, two weeks before Ringo has to go film a movie. And it's very fascinating. What you get here is a very personal behind-the-scenes look at what it was really like when they were recording it, as well as how the Beatles really were when people weren't watching them or listening to their music.

I could talk alot more about it, because it is really fascinating and there's quite alot to it. If I do keep going though, we're going to end up going into fanfic length posts. But it's definitely something I recommend to Beatles fans.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay! I finished every Marvel-show on Netflix up to DareDevil s3. I've since started on Jessica Jones s3, which will leave me not having watched the spin-off Punisher series (26 episodes).

I've also started watching the Hawkeye-series last week on Disney+ and after watching episode 3 - I'm glad I watched those shows (especially DareDevil).

The shows themselves have been a joy to watch. I was fine with DareDevil being cancelled after Season 3. The story felt 'done'. I'm actually quite annoyed that Luke Cage and IronFist got cut after their second seasons - there was plenty of potential there. Defenders was a good thrill akin to Avengers, but on that streetlevel that these shows thrive at. I'm glad I can see the 3rd act to Jessica Jones. I'll decide if I'll watch Punisher next, but I never really connected with the character all that much and there's plenty of other things I want to watch coming soon (You3/CasaDePapel5.2/Witcher2/Arcane/GetBack).

Just finished 'only murders in the building' (Hulu) with Steve Martin/Selena Gomez. Basically a murder mystery with some interesting third wall stuff going on.

Yeah, okay, saw a few other positive remarks about this show.. But this hasn't won me over to watch it eventhough it's on Disney+ here in the Netherlands.

I watched The Beatles Get Back. And I have to be honest, it was way better than I thought it would be. If you're a fan of the group, it's very interesting to see.

So basically what this is without going too much into it, because you can just watch Peter Jackson do that. The Beatles recorded one of their last albums mostly in front of cameras, in the late 60s. So much of what you see here is that footage from them recording the album, which has been locked up in a vault for decades. Pretty much, they didn't want anybody to see the footage, but Peter Jackson negotiated with lawyers and estates and all that nice stuff, to get access to it. He more/less said, 'Just let me take a look. If it's terrible, I won't use it.' And it ended up being really good footage. So after some more negotiations, he ended up being able to do this documentary about it.

I'll tell you what this is not. This is not some over inflated, over dramatic cinematic miniseries that's played up for the sake of television. And despite being on Disney's streaming service, it's not sugarcoated and it's not censored. It's uncut footage of them recording the album and coming up with the ideas for what to put in it, two weeks before Ringo has to go film a movie. And it's very fascinating. What you get here is a very personal behind-the-scenes look at what it was really like when they were recording it, as well as how the Beatles really were when people weren't watching them or listening to their music.

I could talk alot more about it, because it is really fascinating and there's quite alot to it. If I do keep going though, we're going to end up going into fanfic length posts. But it's definitely something I recommend to Beatles fans.

This however.. Won me over and I might watch it tonight after my shift is done. I'm a Beatles-fan musically, but I'm not into documentaries at all.

As a Formula 1-fan, I've watched Drive2Survive, but while it does have fun insights into certain situations, it really doesn't do the sport justice all that much and doesn't feel 'raw'.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
A few bit of old and new.

My Hero Academia season 4 and 5
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
The Real Ghostbusters
Extreme Ghostbusters

NeganTheSavior

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I loved this show as a kid, but it doesn't hold up at all since Bloo is such a jackass. He gets worse with each season. Makes me wonder how Mac even tolerates him.

Locormus

Okay, so now I've finished all the shows Marvel has on Netflix aside from Jon Bernthal's Punisher seasons.

I wasn't all that much impressed by Jessica Jones s3. For what it's worth, that show had a stellar first season and a great lead. I feel that the supporting cast was okay, but Trish was always the weak point for me. That she basically became the co-star in the last season didn't do it any favors.

I've also watched the final five episodes of La Casa de Papel and I'm glad how it ended. While not as amazing as the end to the second season, it definitely ended on a high.

What I'm currently watching:
- Appointment television on wednesday: Hawkeye.
- Other days: Season 3 of You.
- While dishwashing (it helps me funnel out the mundane): the 1990's Spider-Man cartoon (currently on s3e6).

To do (asap):
- Beatles: Get Back
- DopeSick
To do after the Spider-Men series:
- The animated X-men series before Disney+ airs the new season.

Upcoming:
- The Witcher s2 drops on Friday on Netflix.
- K-Drama SnowDrop drops on Saturday on Disney+.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I am absolutely terrible at watching basically anything ever (binging TV shows isn't really my thing? I lack the attention span and not a lot of TV these days really captures my interest) but my mental health has been awful this last month so I've found myself watching a ton of bits just to not sit around and be miserable. No Way Home has revitalised my interest in the MCU as a whole and since it came out I've watched the entirety of Loki and What If?, which is quite the achievement for me!

Loki I thought was really good - Tom Hiddleston kills it as per usual and I found the different iterations of Loki and their antics to be quite funny and oddly charming at times (I have a soft spot for Classic Loki and Sylvie, but who doesn't). Mobius, Hunter B-15 and Ravonna make for an amazing supporting cast and semi-surprising villain, whilst Johnathan Majors steals the show in the last episode as He Who Remains. I wasn't a major fan of how quickly the romance thing came about (or why it was entirely necessary) and honestly though Tom's Loki took a backseat for a lot of the series - it's clear that he's not the Loki we're used to in the MCU, and I found just showing him what "our" Loki went through to force character development was a bit iffy and felt rather disingenuous when you consider the fact he wasn't a major player in his own TV show. Still, it was a good watch and I remained engaged throughout!

What If? though, that one was not so fun for me. I binged it over 2 days, and came away from it thinking that honestly there were maybe 3 episodes I would absolutely want to watch again and 2 I wouldn't mind seeing again, and the rest were just meh for me. People said the Doctor Strange Supreme episode and the finale were the best episodes, and I agree wholeheartedly - Doctor Armani is busted OP and it was nice to see a Strange would actually let loose and sought power rather than the arrogant-yet-stoic version we have in the MCU. Ultron was redeemed after a mediocre MCU movie and was a genuine threat which I loved, and honestly thought the Vision-in-Ultron-suit looked super cool! Star-Lord T'Challa was a nice upbeat episode with a Ocean's Eleven vibe I quite liked, and Captain Carter was a neat spin on a beloved character whilst still touching on the differences she would have experienced.

I'm planning to round out my 2021 viewing with getting through Falcon & Winter Soldier (thus leaving Eternals to be the last MCU content from this year I have yet to see) and re-watching The Mandalorian in advance for Book of Boba Fett on the 29th! The Witcher s2 is also on my to-watch list, but I'll have uni deadlines + BDSP to play through after the New Year so I might have to push it back a little bit.

Locormus

Currently watching You s3. At episode 8 out of 10.

It's been such a downgrade from s2 thus far.. I don't care about ANY of the other characters. It's such a slog to get through. I'll try to finish it tonight. :(

EDIT: Finished You s3. The ending is okay, but I liked s2 a lot more.

EDIT: I read that Titans might be removed from the Dutch Netflix on January 1st due to HBO Max being introduced here in the Netherlands in 2022 - and thus meaning that all WB-content will be ripped from Netflix. Hence, I'll probably binge s3 in two nights.

EDIT: I've since watched Titans s3 (in 3 days/nights) and.. better then I expected! Apparently, unnecessary though. WB hasn't ripped their DC content from the Dutch Netflix as of yet, but they have torn up the contract with their broadcastingpartner for their HBO-content as per January 1st. As such, I can't rewatch Game of Thrones or WestWorld at a whim.. :(

EDIT: Currently halfway through Witcher s2. GetBack is on next. I've also made my way into the final season of the 90's Spiderman-series while dishwashing.. :p

EDIT: Finished Witcher s2! Such a good season! Can't wait for the 3rd season! Meanwhile, I've skipped GetBack for now to watch Arcane s1. I've currently finished the second batch of three episodes and have three more to go, which I'll watch tonight. After that, I don't think I've got anything left on Netflix to watch (in terms of ongoing series) - so I'll redirect my attention to Disney+ and watch Get Back.

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I'm still watching every episode of Pokemon. I'm on the current season (Pokemon Journies). I still really like this series.

On top of that, I'm currently watching Code Lyoko Evolution and it's a slow watch because I really don't like this show as much as I did the original.

I'm also trying to watch the original Ducktales and The Powerpuff girls, but it's been a long while since I touched either of the two.

Locormus

Finished Get Back. As a musician who used to be in a band, it was such a treat to see that the Beatles process wasn't at all that different to ours back in the day.

Also, it reframed my perception of John as well. Loved it! Some really mindbaffling footage. I mean to see them write and arrange and muck about with classic songs like Get Back, Long and Winding Road, Let it Be is crazy.

As for what I'll be watching next.. I still had DopeSick on my watchlist, but I've since intended to watch the StarWars movies/live action series in chronological order as I've never watched the final movie as of yet.

I'm still watching every episode of Pokemon. I'm on the current season (Pokemon Journies). I still really like this series.

On top of that, I'm currently watching Code Lyoko Evolution and it's a slow watch because I really don't like this show as much as I did the original.

I'm also trying to watch the original Ducktales and The Powerpuff girls, but it's been a long while since I touched either of the two.

Honestly, I think I've dropped Pokemon from my watchlist a while ago.. I've watched certain episodes focusing on Ash during SM and Journeys, but rarely watch any other episodes.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just finished binging The Owl House. I do enjoy it, primarily because I relate with Luz to a degree (I like a lot of weird things and have trouble adjusting to the real world). I am starting to get a bit worried that it's conforming too much to the same formula as other Disney cartoons (such as Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and Amphibia). It's an isekai, which they've been doing a lot of recently (the latter 2 of the 3 I mentioned kind of qualify as isekais). But beyond that, I feel like they're setting up for an isekai flip scenario in Season 3 (as in Luz and several of her friends from the Boiling Isles being trapped in Luz's world), and the other Disney isekais have also done that too. And if TOH is going to follow suit on the isekai flip, then it's going to feel a bit... old. Additionally, the villains of Amphibia and TOH both seem to have similar goals and motives, so I hope there's a twist with the villains as well. I am feeling like Kikimora is the only villain without any relatable motives, so perhaps she betrays Belos later on and becomes the twist villain, that might be an interesting, but it's hard to say if they'll go that route. I'm liking it a lot so far, I just hope it's not too predictable as it goes on.

Locormus

Currently watching 2 episides of Dan Brown's the Lost Symbol on mondays. I read the book years ago, but I forgot most of it to be honest.

Eitherway, it's enjoyable for now and I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories. But it's hard to see someone else as Robert Langdon..

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just finished binging The Owl House. I do enjoy it, primarily because I relate with Luz to a degree (I like a lot of weird things and have trouble adjusting to the real world). I am starting to get a bit worried that it's conforming too much to the same formula as other Disney cartoons (such as Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and Amphibia). It's an isekai, which they've been doing a lot of recently (the latter 2 of the 3 I mentioned kind of qualify as isekais). But beyond that, I feel like they're setting up for an isekai flip scenario in Season 3 (as in Luz and several of her friends from the Boiling Isles being trapped in Luz's world), and the other Disney isekais have also done that too. And if TOH is going to follow suit on the isekai flip, then it's going to feel a bit... old. Additionally, the villains of Amphibia and TOH both seem to have similar goals and motives, so I hope there's a twist with the villains as well. I am feeling like Kikimora is the only villain without any relatable motives, so perhaps she betrays Belos later on and becomes the twist villain, that might be an interesting, but it's hard to say if they'll go that route. I'm liking it a lot so far, I just hope it's not too predictable as it goes on.

Aaaannnd, apparently Disney execs are cutting TOH Season 3 short because it's "too dark" (ironic, because the Amphibia Season 2 Finale is MUCH darker than anything that's aired on TOH so far), so much for that. SMH, corporate executives once again play the role of fun police.

EeYQDPcWoAEvLfw

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Since Hulu announced today a new 20 episode season of Futurama I will be rewatching the series for about the 10th time over the next few weeks.

Madison M

Frasier. I'm on season 5, just watched Merry Christmas Mrs. Moskowitz, which is something I watch every Christmas since it's hilarious.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
one of the series im watching is my cosplay waifu, or was it my dressup doll?? LOL it has a decent amount of fan service but is rather wholesome and direct in their emotions. its a surprise hit for me this season. watching attack on titan even though i finished the manga series, gotta see the episode for posterity. Yashahime is another one im watching and hoping the season finale of 86 drops fairly soon...