• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What setting would you have preferred in Pokemon Journeys?

What setting would you have preferred in Pokemon Journeys?

• Total voters

BlueLight

Hello,
As we know that the setting for Journeys is Professor Cerise's lab which is the location where Ash and Goh currently work as research fellows. But there may be several people who would have wanted to have Professor Oak's lab as the main setting. Here are the perks for each lab -

1) Professor Oak's Lab
* Belongs to a world-renowned professor.
* Hundreds of Pokemon reside (belonging to other trainers), so more interaction between protagonists and Pokemon not owned by Goh.
* Big in space.
* Close to Ash's home.

2) Professor Cerise's Lab
* Contains a large park, though not as spacious as Oak's of course.
* Two assistants working alongside Cerise (i.e. Ren and Chrysa)
* Cerise can easily provide tickets to different locations for research.
* Close to Cerise's home.
* Based in Vermillion City, so more interaction between city people.

So, what do you think the main setting for Journeys should have been?

Hello,
As we know that the setting for Journeys is Professor Cerise's lab which is the location where Ash and Goh currently work as research fellows. But there may be several people who would have wanted to have Professor Oak's lab as the main setting. Here are the perks for each lab -

1) Professor Oak's Lab
* Belongs to a world-renowned professor.
* Hundreds of Pokemon reside (belonging to other trainers), so more interaction between protagonists and Pokemon not owned by Goh.
* Big in space.
* Close to Ash's home.

2) Professor Cerise's Lab
* Contains a large park, though not as spacious as Oak's of course.
* Two assistants working alongside Cerise (i.e. Ren and Chrysa)
* Cerise can easily provide tickets to different locations for research.
* Close to Cerise's home.
* Based in Vermillion City, so more interaction between city people.

So, what do you think the main setting for Journeys should have been?
Professor Oak's Lab would been better off as a Main setting of Pokémon Journeys even if Professor Cerise's Lab was just for one episode.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would’ve had it at Magnolia’s/the Wild Area to still give Galar some central focus even during fillers but out of the two options given I’d say Oak’s Lab. It’s an established part of Ash’s story and would make more sense given both Ash & Go’s backstory. It would be an easy way of using the reserves without making a big deal out of it while also giving a reason for the current team to not be on hand at all time. Ideally it’d be the next step of letting Pokémon appear outside of their Pokéballs more often after SM since Oak’s lab has more than enough space. Can’t say I’d miss Cerise’s lab.

Red and Blue

Either Sakuragi Institute or Magnolia's lab in Galar. Even if the main setting was Pallet Town that's not a guarantee Ash would use his reserves more (if they really wanted to they could have easily done it already)

Though if they picked Pallet Town we could have Delia as one of the recurring characters which would be pretty sweet

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Oak‘s lab easily. Cerise and co honestly hasn’t offered anything worthwhile story wise that couldn’t be done at oak’s. Vermillion not being the hub is a plus, given how much filler are there. Pallet town having nothing would force them to almost always choose a different location.

Also would force them to actually remember about ash’s pokemons in a series where he’s taking on the world, instead of ignoring them while only getting goh’s dime a dozen pokemons.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Vermillion not being the hub is a plus, given how much filler are there. Pallet town having nothing would force them to almost always choose a different location.
Thats a good point. At the very least they could have used other cities in the Kanto region more often outside of Vermilion City

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hot take but...

Neither.

I think the idea of flying ship of Project Mew would have been the perfect base. Goh joins while they randomly roam around chasing Mew, catching Pokémon along the way, while Ash faces the PWC whenever needed. Region hopping would make more sense since the ship would be constantly moving. You can even make episodes where they "park" in one region to refill.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hot take but...

Neither.

I think the idea of flying ship of Project Mew would have been the perfect base. Goh joins while they randomly roam around chasing Mew, catching Pokémon along the way, while Ash faces the PWC whenever needed. Region hopping would make more sense since the ship would be constantly moving. You can even make episodes where they "park" in one region to refill.
Okay this sounds REALLY cool

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Hot take but...

Neither.

Wouldn’t goh’s pokemons feel even more like check marks on a list with that? Since you won’t even be able to use them as background filler. Ash would probably also feel even more like a side character by being the only person not really being part of project mew, while going along the whims of everyone else for the most part which make his goal feel like a side quest.

It would make a good setting for a new series with only goh as the protag though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Wouldn’t goh’s pokemons feel even more like check marks on a list with that? Since you won’t even be able to use them as background filler. Ash would probably also feel even more like a side character by being the only person not really being part of project mew, while going along the whims of everyone else for the most part which make his goal feel like a side quest.

It would make a good setting for a new series with only goh as the protag though.
I mean the ship can have an open space for the pokemon to appear in still

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I mean the ship can have an open space for the pokemon to appear in still
Unless it’s literally cerise park but flying it’s going to be bad, since you can’t even use the excuse of them ‘living comfortably after being captured’ and instead have them live in a cramped flying mechanical box. It being cerise park but flying would also look too unrealistic on the other hand.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Unless it’s literally cerise park but flying it’s going to be bad, since you can’t even use the excuse of them ‘living comfortably after being captured’ and instead have them live in a cramped flying mechanical box. It being cerise park but flying would also look too unrealistic on the other hand.
I mean the science and physics doesn't really matter since it is Pokemon
Plus they could say the technology they have still makes it comfy for the mons

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Doesn't even need anything complicated. It's not like they couldn't have a fixed place in a region where they'd refill, check on the pokémon they caught, etc. Alternatively, just have them go to Oak, just like Ash's pokémon.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It’s not about physics. Having the shield heli-carrier be hovering above whatever place the plot of the week at is, is just too imposing and looks bad. Imagine ash going to all his PWC match using that. It’ll be like brandon but 100x worse.

So basically just worsen journeys problem of telling and not showing? ‘Yeah goh just immediately dump the mons in storage, but it’s fine, they’re comfy. Technology solves everything and now goh doesn’t even need to see them and pretend to care’.

Doesn't even need anything complicated. It's not like they couldn't have a fixed place in a region where they'd refill, check on the pokémon they caught, etc. Alternatively, just have them go to Oak, just like Ash's pokémon.

Which would be just the same as we already are. The only difference that would make is that instead of 5 second shot of a plane, it’ll be the base.

It’s better if they do this kind of thing completely seperate from ash. Have goh and the PM guys be full time researcher/pokemon rescuer. Have goh capture for research or rescue and directly send to the lab/rescue sanctuary. Cut out all pretense of deep bonding associated with ash and the previous series. It’s better than half assing it like it feels with journeys.