• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What setting would you have preferred in Pokemon Journeys?

What setting would you have preferred in Pokemon Journeys?

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
Okido-hakase's lab would've made a lot more sense as the base for Satoshi and Gou's adventures. It's a place that was already established as early as the OS saga, and it would've been a nice opportunity to showcase Okido-hakase and Satoshi's reserve Pokemon more often. But the writers have a habit of neglecting practical ideas for unknown reasons.

SatoSereFan224888

Neither. Ash would have gone alone staying at hotels at night by himself.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Chucking out an entire supporting cast and forcing Ash to either interact with COTD we know nothing about, his pokemon which we really can't understand, or himself are all undesirable and just plain ridiculous.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Staying alone where, though? Kanto or Galar or some other region? You've made it clear before that you think Satoshi should travel alone for reasons that you've hardly explained, but even in this case it's hard to envision him staying at hotels all the time, especially since depending on where he is, he might not be able to find accommodations.

SatoSereFan224888

Staying alone where, though? Kanto or Galar or some other region? You've made it clear before that you think Satoshi should travel alone for reasons that you've hardly explained, but even in this case it's hard to envision him staying at hotels all the time, especially since depending on where he is, he might not be able to find accommodations.
He would have a GPS device to get around.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash can barely use the phone to answer a call, let alone the GPS tracker lol

Psajdak

I think Team Rocket Headquarters would have been perfect base for Ash and Silver.

I bet Giovanni would have a lot of nice stories to tell.

think the idea of flying ship of Project Mew would have been the perfect base. Goh joins while they randomly roam around chasing Mew, catching Pokémon along the way, while Ash faces the PWC whenever needed. Region hopping would make more sense since the ship would be constantly moving. You can even make episodes where they "park" in one region to refill
wow, perfect. that would kill a lot of pidgeys with one stone

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Cerise's lab, because the owner along with Goh, Chloe & their Pokemons have only one series to shine and although I do care about Ash's Pokemons in Oak's lab more than Ash himself, I could see them in the past series if I wanted to see them getting more spotlights.

U.N. Owen

He would have a GPS device to get around.
That doesn't change any of the storytelling issues that would arise from just being alone for long stretches of time without a human supporting cast unless you are suggesting we give voices to pokemon.

SatoSereFan224888

That doesn't change any of the storytelling issues that would arise from just being alone for long stretches of time without a human supporting cast unless you are suggesting we give voices to pokemon.
But Ash is is experienced enough where being alone wouldn’t hurt him that much. He might actually like being by himself. Plus he could do video chat whenever wherever.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
But Ash is is experienced enough where being alone wouldn’t hurt him that much. He might actually like being by himself. Plus he could do video chat whenever wherever.

A solo protagonist without anyone to bounce off of personality-wise is almost always a bad idea. It’s just a story-writing train wreck waiting to happen.

A solo protagonist without anyone to bounce off of personality-wise is almost always a bad idea. It’s just a story-writing train wreck waiting to happen.
If anything Pokemon games taught me, Red travels alone but is that hard to write it out?

SatoSereFan224888

I guess.

Well if he traveled in Galar only, I would have liked Ash to be older now tutoring young trainers just starting their journeys. He would travel with Victor & Gloria mentoring them for gym battles, how to catch Pokemon. The two Galar protagonists would tell Ash about its history, culture, etc.

U.N. Owen

It would certainly hurt the audience to have absolutely no supporting cast. There is no Watson to make this Sherlock work. It's difficult to write to write a compelling protagonist in a group because of the risk of being overshadowed. Now, the issue has been completely flipped. The protagonist has no one to bounce off of now, no interaction.

Like, just imagine if you had a movie where the protagonist had a supporting cast while the cheap remake removed the supporting cast while still treating it as the same story. The result would be a protagonist spending the time abusing the concept of the inner monologue or saying soliloquies which make the audience question why another character simply wasn't there. Oh wait, I'm describing the Mulan remake.

I guess.

Well if he traveled in Galar only, I would have liked Ash to be older now tutoring young trainers just starting their journeys. He would travel with Victor & Gloria mentoring them for gym battles, how to catch Pokemon. The two Galar protagonists would tell Ash about its history, culture, etc.
This would reduce him to a supporting role with zero agency in the story. You're essentially taking the biggest criticism of the Tomiyasu era of Pokemon and just beating around the walls without solving anything.