• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What should happen in the Syria crisis?

What to do with Syria?

• Nothing (let them work it out)

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Send non military aid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Send military aid (supplies)

• Send an army to oppose the Syrian gov.

• Send an army to support the Syrain gov.

• Send an army to grab bio weapons and leave

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Try to force all sides into diplomacy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other not listed

• Total voters

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
It started with a civil war but then got more and more complicated over time. Outside forces want to intervene but that raises the question of who should be helping who. Non fictional war is never a good thing but is there really anything that the global community can do to improve the situation?

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
It started with a civil war but then got more and more complicated over time. Outside forces want to intervene but that raises the question of who should be helping who. Non fictional war is never a good thing but is there really anything that the global community can do to improve the situation?

There is no global community. Countries will only get involved to further their own agenda. Especially my homeland, the United States. My country never learns. One of the weapontry corporations, which has ties with the US Government, wants to give one of the factions in Syria weapons. That is a horrible idea. Just look at what happened with Al-Qaeda.

DjangoCribbs

One can understand the current US administration's hesitance to wade in with military action. Look at Afghanistan, Iraq... Those haven't really gone so well.
Thing is... while, as someone who doesn't live in Syria, there's no way to really know the truth of it... It seems to me that if ever there was a country where the citizens could do with outside involvement coming in to help them out, it's Syria right now.
If you knew a parent was beating their child on a regular basis, you wouldn't be able to stand outside the window looking in and just say to yourself "We shouldn't get involved, we'd probably just make things worse"... Could you? I couldn't and I know that's bordering on over-simplification but I think the core point is valid. While we stand about wondering whether we'd make things worse or not things ARE getting worse anyway.
I'm not fully certain on what should be done, on what would be most effective for minimal damage. Are troops the right idea? I'm just not sure. But I know that standing on the sidelines and doing nothing more than chiding isn't gonna help anyone in need.

Pokemonspecialgerman

No military actions. Seriously, it's not like any military actions would help anyone. The main reason for the US involvement is Israel and their upcoming war plans on Iran.
So no. Just no. Stop helping them. Stop supporting Turkey/Erdogan/FSA. Stop supporting Israels crazy war plans. Just learn from the past. Did the attack on Libya help anyone? North Africa was in a brutal state of chaos since gaddafis death. Do something and your hands will spoiled with blood. Be neutral. Force them to diplomacy or stay out of the whole affair. But I don't believe USA can just criticize Israel to stop the attacks on Syria. If Obama can't do that he should just stay out and watch.

DjangoCribbs

No military actions. Seriously, it's not like any military actions would help anyone. The main reason for the US involvement is Israel and their upcoming war plans on Iran.
So no. Just no. Stop helping them. Stop supporting Turkey/Erdogan/FSA. Stop supporting Israels crazy war plans. Just learn from the past. Did the attack on Libya help anyone? North Africa was in a brutal state of chaos since gaddafis death. Do something and your hands will spoiled with blood. Be neutral. Force them to diplomacy or stay out of the whole affair. But I don't believe USA can just criticize Israel to stop the attacks on Syria. If Obama can't do that he should just stay out and watch.

So... do nothing or force them to diplomacy. By... doing nothing?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
As someone who favors democracy, I would say that there are quite a few issues to consider, probably the biggest one being the humanitarian side. I think what it really boils down to is how many civilian casualties are acceptable in this kind of scenario? Sure many other nations would like to help put a quick end to the situation but that is easier said than done.

The Syrian government has been accused of acting like terrorists and some of the rebels are considered to be terrorists by some other world governments so then who does that leave to support? Even if the government of the country is somehow overthrown then wouldn't the extremists just take over?

The way I see it there are really only maybe 2 things an outside nation could do that would make a difference:
1. Nothing at all and hope that the conflict resolves itself. This would have been preferable but many countries have already interfered a lot, so it may be too late for this and some parties WANT to get involved for the chance at grabbing power. (I would assume)

2. The other extreme would be to make the pro democracy rebels the strongest force involved but this would also be very hard because unfortunately they are considered to be the weakest at the moment. Not to mention the political nightmare that it could turn out to be.

Last edited:

Garbodor.

The Syrian so called rebels are nothing but Al qeada and other such terrorists who are being armed.
These people are cannibal savages who are only a instrument of chaos and death. One such savage not long ago killed and tried to behead a soldier in London and at the same time, David cameron was arming the exact same people in Syria to fight for "democracy".
The war on Syria has nothing to do with democracy but rather a war on Syria-Iran-Hezbollah alliance.

Syria was a very tolerant nation where all ethnicites and religions were treated with respect, however, due to the Syrian stance on the Israeli issue, they have been now a victim of the terrorizing people who are fooling their people to back the terrorists in Syria (You know who they are)
Are you telling me that Saudi arabia is helping rebels for democracy? Saudi Arabia? a nation which does not even allow women to leave their own houses or drive a car.

Syrian people are not represented by the Saudi arabia or the saudi,libyan,Pakistani and other terrorists which are flooding into Syria via Turkey and Jordon. Syrian people are the victims of this and this war will end with the defeat of the terrorists.

Last edited:

Mowz

Eh.
There are a lot of things that can be said of terrorist organizations, but "cannibal savages" is not one of them. Very few cannibalistic societies still exist in the world today (that we know of), and cannibalism is considered taboo pretty much everywhere.

If you really feel that strongly about people you're making blind, sweeping generalizations about, then I don't know what to tell you other than "good luck."

Garbodor.

There are a lot of things that can be said of terrorist organizations, but "cannibal savages" is not one of them. Very few cannibalistic societies still exist in the world today (that we know of), and cannibalism is considered taboo pretty much everywhere.

If you really feel that strongly about people you're making blind, sweeping generalizations about, then I don't know what to tell you other than "good luck."

Are you actually being serious? So I should assume you did not hear or see the video about the so called "Rebel" that took the heart of the Syrian solider and ate it?
Maybe you should have some info before saying I make blind generalizations no?