• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What should I play next?

Which should I play?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • FF2

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • FF7

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • FF8

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • FF9

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • FF10-2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Story time!

Well, my brother went off to Uni recently. When he went, he left the PS2 and a bunch of old games. Having recently got into console RPG's and having watched him play the FF's back in the day (when I was like 8) I decided to have a go at FFX.

Simply put, I've loved every minute of it.

Based on my time of 29 hours at Seymour Natus, and his change from 38 to 50 hours between Natus and the end of the game, I'd estimate I'm 6-8 hours from the end of the game (on 30 atm), so I'll probably finish it at the weekend. So, out of the others I've still to play, I'd like you guys to recommend one of them.

Secondly, as most of my brothers rpg's are FF's, I'd like you guys to recommend other console rpg's I should play on the PS1, PS2, Wii, GC.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I'm not really a FF afficianado or anything, but, I'd recommened Kingdom Hearts. That's just me though.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
Final Fantasy 9.

FF7 was pretty good, but 9 has more of the 'Final Fantasy' feel. If you play for the storyline and the characters, I wouldn't really recommend Kingdom Hearts. I'm sorry to the people who play it, but I just don't find it interesting at all.

I answered kingdom hearts, as Ive never really played FF and dont know how good it is.
But i play a game thats really final fantasy like. Try grandia 1/2 ;) promise it wont let you down :p

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
FFVII is as good as it's been praised, but don't get turned down just because it's on PSone. You'd really get addicted to it on the first disc. Otherwise, I recommend you don't play VII and VIII together in the same time period, since they're genres draw many parallels. Like Honsy said, FFIX had a more traditional FF feel, like FFII, so those two, I'd rather you not play them together as well (so you don't get mixed up or bored).

FFX/X-2 I don't really know what the hell they are, but they're good to be played before/after/during any other time you're playing another FF. Kingdom Hearts is really good, but has a short immediate storyline, but the extra bosses should keep you busy for a while =D

Rootbeer

I voted for Final Fantasy VIII because I consider it the best on the list, but they're all worth at least a try.

Also, I'd recommend checking out Wild Arms for PS1 or the remake Wild Arms: Alter Code F for PS2, Shadow Hearts: Covenant for PS2 and Skies of Arcadia for GameCube

I Heart Hearts, personally. Although KH2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KH1.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Hey, thanks for all the responses to quickly, and the suggestions for good rpgs I could get.
Another quick question; does the storyline of FF8 make up for the horrible junction system (I've played about half of disc one. Junctions drove me INSANE).

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
If you have them all, play them in order.

I don't have to play them all, and I might never get around to it. All I was wondering was which it was worth playing the most, and what other rpg's I should consider getting.

Aranna

Some RPG's you should play are

Chrono Trigger(SNES)
Chrono Cross(PS1)
Secret of Mana(SNES)
Secret of Evermore(SNES)
Lufia 2(SNES)
Secret of Mana 2(SNES)
Illusion of Gaia/Time(its the same game)
All the SNES FF games
Star Ocean 1(SNES) 2(PS1) and 3(PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1/PSP
Disgaea 1(PS2)
Disgaea 2(PS2)
Terranigma(SNES)

Im sure there are alot more ive forgotten but these are some of my favorites.

azurill

By FFII you mean FFVI or the real II?

If you mean VI play that 1st.Then play VII,then KH,then VIII then IX and finally 10-2.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
By FFII you mean FFVI or the real II?

If you mean VI play that 1st.Then play VII,then KH,then VIII then IX and finally 10-2.

The real FF2.

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Hey-ho!

Well, I just completed FFX (BFA is a COMPLETE *expletive*, but Yunalesca was suprisingly easy), and I'm going to play FFVIII next, because it's the only one I can't remember the plot for (I pretty much remember FFVII and FFIX's plots). I'm also gunna buy Chrono Trigger, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, FF6 and maybe a couple of others. If you think of any more suggestions, feel free to post.

Last edited:

ironknight42

FFVII is the way to go but play through any of them you want it's Final Fantasy it generally can't go wrong.

Glacier99

Ice cold...
Try The Mario RPG Series. (Paper Mario, Legend of the seven stars)
I don't know why but I found them really Affictive.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
instead of asking here it might be an idea for you to start with FF2 and when you finished the game you move on to FF3 and after that to FF4 etc so you can judge about the games yourself.

it's the best way to find it out if you ask me:)