• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Sinnoh Starter did you choose?

What starter did you choose

• Infernape

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Torterra

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Empoleon

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I chose Piplup because when I first played Diamond I thought that the fake Piplup evo that I saw online was real so I was excited to have that on my team. Imagine how mad I was when I saw that Piplup evolved into Empoleon.

I think whenever a new gen is announced, there's always leaks of the new starter evos, many of which are fake. I remember when Sun & Moon were coming out and I saw a supposed Corocoro leak of the starters' evos, which I thought were real until the leaks from Game Freak came out. I thought Popplio was going to evolve into some kind of Darth Vader seal. :p:D

Madison M

Chimchar was my first Pokémon ever. But second time I played Platinum, I chose Piplup. Empoleon is my favorite starter in any game, and would always choose it over the other two.

Saberu

I chose Piplup in both Diamond and Pearl. I can't remember what I chose for Platinum, because I did a Bibarel solo run. I did not win. ): I couldn't beat that final Cyrus battle. I just restarted Platinum a few months ago, with Piplup again.

I've restarted enough times to pick all the starters, and I think they're all good, but Empoleon is my favorite.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
If Sinnoh remakes are announced soon, which starter will you use in the remakes? Will you use the same starter(s) as you did in the originals, or will you use a different starter altogether?

WalesNote

Usually randomly pick tur or pip.
Never liked Chim's line until fairly recently, so if the remakes come, certainly choosing my little fire monkey, oh yes.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Up until Wallace in Emerald, that was pretty much unheard of.

Wallace isn't really an Elite 4 member though, unless you count the Champion as being part of the E4. (Then it would really be called the Elite 5.)

Trillion

If Sinnoh remakes are announced soon, which starter will you use in the remakes? Will you use the same starter(s) as you did in the originals, or will you use a different starter altogether?
when diamond came out it was a tough choice between turtwig and chimchar. i ended up picking turtwig back then, so if we get remakes i'm choosing chimchar

gen 4 and gen 3 are my favorite starters. i used all the gen 4 starters in my ultra moon playthrough

another reason i'm picking chimchar is because i have two torterra already lol, but only one infernape

Last edited:

KalloFox34

Grampa's Little Helper? What's That?
Piplup was the first starter I ever used (mostly because of the anime), but in every subsequent playthrough I’ve picked Chimchar.