• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What slipped past you?

rocky505

Ive never gone through burned tower to catch ho-oh in any of the times i played gold and silver
Tin Tower not Burnt. Your rival in RSE is the professors child slipped passed me. I always thought that May was Norman's child either way you played it xD

Daimona

Hero of Truth
It wasn't until I replayed my old crystal game a couple of weeks back that I realized that if you let Shuckle hold a berry for some time it'll turn into berryjuice... I didn't even know there was such an item. Sounds like a poor cheat or something.

Zorkzedork

I always thought that breeding a snorlax with lax insence in FRed would get you a munchlax...

LuNa^^

La Reine de la Nuit
I always thought Pokemon always evolve at level 16, so in Red I was confused when Lv.16 Pikachu didn`t evolve, xD

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Lol it took me until my sister pointed it out that Ekans and Arbok are Snake and Kobra spelt backwards, or Koffing/Weezing is Coughing/Wheezing)(those 2 I realised by myself). Some certain things when translated they always picked puns back in those days. Nowadays most things are either predictable or outright over the top.

Nocturne.Lullaby

Pokemon Breeder
xD I'm so glad that so many of my mistakes have been made by others in here as well!

-- thought Groudon was Fire/Ground for years! --
-- thought Pacifidlog was Pacifilog, and will continue to call it as such --
-- Cianwood City --> called in Cainwood (Cane wood) --

Umm... lets see what else... I'm sure I'll think of more. xD

Zaralt

4x Pokemon Master
Found a shiny Ho-oh waaaaay back in the day, had no idea what it was, only years later to discover the meaning of it and whack my head against a wall for not catching it. :p

i never realized you could surf up from rustboro to route 115 until like two years ago when i actually bothered to go over there

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
I thought Groudon was Groundon up until recently, probably because of its type.

bioteddy

when I first saw Tropius, I didn't notice his head. I thought its wings were supposed to be it's mouth or something, and that the neck lined up with one of the leaves to form the eye, or it's head was it's eye, or something. It was a pretty messed up image. Didn't notice till I sent one to Colo. and saw it's neck.

bioteddy

when I first saw Tropius, I didn't notice his head. I thought its wings were supposed to be it's mouth or something, and that the neck lined up with one of the leaves to form the eye, or it's head was it's eye, or something. It was a pretty messed up image. Didn't notice till I sent one to Colo. and saw it's neck.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I didn't know much about the Fame Checker nor did I know that it gave hints to who Sakaki's son was until several months ago.

And all the HGSS hints in FRLG slipped past me. xD

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I always read Pacifidlog as Pacifilidog... until I saw this discussion :D

KKInu

used to call Ecruteak Ecruteck, and for a long time I thought Eevee AND its evolutions could evolve into any of it's evolutions.... like I thought that if you evolved an Eevee into one of its evolutions... say, Flareon, I thought you could still use a stone on it and turn it into either Vaporeon or Jolteon ^^;

I first believed that Slowbro evolved into Slowking and Poliwrath evolved into Politoed (yes, now I also realize that evolution chains don't extend past 3 stages).

I also thought the Nidoran family were part grass type for some reason..... though that ended by at latest gen III.

I've been rather aware of things..but the only thing that slipped past me that gives me a d'oh moment is for about a month i though verdanturf town was Vanderturf town

XD i used to always call it Veranderf.