• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what smogon says means u have to use AR perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
everytime i look for strategies for my pokemon it says they need moves that cant be obtained in the appropriate versions,and that bothers me. i will give u an example, i look up a pokemon and counter is needed,and counter is needed for more then 1 of my pokemon. if this is the case,is it a problem to use action replay for move modifier to get the respectful moves? will they be available to fight in tournaments?? come on what smogon is saying,perhaps u need action replay,even the pokemon of the weeks of this site. I have a point and this must bother u too,at least some of u maybe.

so is an action replay worth for this problem?

Arcanine65

Caliber
All movepools they promote on smogon are achievable, whether through leveling up, or breeding, or tudors, or tm's, or what have you. There are rare exceptions, like with say Entei and him knowing Flare Blitz, since only the event Entei can learn this move. But for the most part, there's no need for AR at all.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
ya but not achievable twice like counter or seismic toss u only find them once in fire red and leaf green.

thetifftiff

Counter isn't needed. Nothing on Smogon is needed, it's all a suggestion for movesets. Be creative and come up with movesets you think fit the pokemon based on it's type, stats, and the moves it can learn you actually have access to.

As for what you're saying: just because it suggest counter on multiple pokemon that only learned it by a one time tutor in gen three games doesn't mean that you have to use all of that pokemon which means that there is no suggestion you need to use an AR. Besides, if you were using shoddy you would be able to give the pokemon whatever moves you want from its movepool and none of this would matter. :p

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Smogon merely is a site that gives you moves and strategies that might be of good use on a certain pokemon.

Do you need to follow them exactly? No
Will they make 100% victory? No
Is it just a game and probobly not as important as claimed? Yes

I only use smogon for ideas of what to use the pokemon for and decide from there.

oooo

This is supposing that you make multiple playthroughs and games to get the correct rare items. Actually, it is really supposing that you are using the Shoddy simulator, where you can just click and choose the moves yourself.

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
You can transfer the pokemon from 3th gen to 4th gen using the Pal Park to get the moves you wanted.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Nope. I only use Smogon for inspiration anyway, and I'd rather use my imagination and form my own strategy than cheat just to get something legal but stupidly hard to acquire anyway.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
This was kinda answered around the month-ago it was asked I feel, and there's not much new that can come from this either...(and technically AR discussion isn't allowed anyways, so). Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.