• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter did you choose?

What starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 125 36.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 99 28.9%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I picked Pipulp. This is the first generation where my starter wasn't that fire type either.

NovaNight

Eternally Eternity
I went with Turtwig. My brother called Piplup before I could, and we go for different starters. Thus, I picked my second-favorite of the bunch, and though the penguin is still my favorite, I'm happy that I used Turtwig ^^

LudicrousLudicolo

Swift Swimmer
Talk about the good ol days for me, I was younger when these games came out. Picking Bulbasaur and Treecko before, I chose Turtwig obviously following the love of Grass. But my team was....lets just say kind of nooby due to me being a kid?

;-; Gen 4 team when I was like 8 so don't judge me: ;487;;389;;482;;384;;383;;392;

Yep, I was that guy.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Although I don't like Grass-type starter Pokemon that much,I chose Turtwig in Platinum because Torterra's design is amazing.It also learns Razor Leaf pretty early on,so it can make short work of Roark's team.I also like Torterra's ability to learn Stone Edge to hit Flying-type Pokemon.Piplup is also a decent choice,but sadly it lacks strong attacks early on.Chimchar is my least favorite of the Sinnoh starter Pokemon,because I just don't like Infernape's design(although it is fast and powerful).

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
I chose Piplup because Piplup looks so cute and Empoleon looks so cool ^-^

Anti Spiral

Just started this game again (completing my Pokedex and wanted to start from beginning). I have started with Piplup as I always like to have a water as my main and the starters are generally the best ones you can get early in the game.

Once I have all Gym badges I will start to trade my Pokemon over from Soul Silver, which will be fun...

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Chimchar. :) I always pick the fire starter and I loved my Infernape.

Status
Not open for further replies.