• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter did you choose?

What starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 125 36.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 99 28.9%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tayetayetv1

Turtwig Infernape overrated

Trinimaster.

I chose turtwig and now he's one of my all time favs

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Chimchar, I know the Fire/Fighting typing has been overdone, but he worked so well for me when he was able to learn a few fight moves and plus when he evolves into Infernape. That is when the real fun begins. Alot of the elite four fell before him, so you know he's good or at least mine was ^^

Tonguetyd

Chose Turtwig in Diamond.Torterra looks so bad***.

Then i chose Piplup in platinum.I hate Piplup's appearance,but Empoleon looks awesome in my humble opinion.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I always picked Piplup, and I'm glad I did because Empoleon is one of my favourites from Sinnoh. Chimchar is alright, but I'd most likely never pick Turtwig.

Mister_SGG

In both Diamond and Pearl I chose Chimchar because there were really no Fire-types at ALL.

But in Platinum I went with my favourite, Empoleon.

I chose Turtwig because Torterra has a Ground Type, making it not weak to it's rival. I kept OHKOing my rival's Infernape with Earthquake.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
first of all i had turtwig, didnt choose it tho
then i had piplup twice
and now i have chimchar
and thats all on one game

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
I've always liked Turtwig over the others, especially Chimchar.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Went with piplup because I played as Dawn and wanted it to be like the anime. Plus I usually choose my least favorite to get me through the game so I can EV train the good ones later on.

Cuore

Maiden of the forest
I picked Chimchar on my first playthrough because there weren't many Fire-types, but the E4 was HARD. I almost wish I hadn't evolved it because of the weakness to Psychic-types...

I tried the other starters but never did much with them. D/P/Pt was the first and only game that I didn't use my starter in my team, so I branched out a little and tried using some different 'mons. Maybe the next time I play Diamond i'll give Turtwig a chance.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Turtwig because i pick the most underrated ones.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Turtwig cause I liked that it would gain the Ground dual type later and thus Earthquake to deal with the Rival's Infernape since I like putting the starter vs starter every time I face the Rival.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I chose Piplup simply because it was the cutest. Cute was very important to me back then.

I chose Chimchar on Pearl, and finally Turtwig on Platinum. Ironically, I think Turtwig ended up being my favourite. It doesn't have the greatest design, but its a solid, sturdy line of pokemon.

SuperEpicRock

I chose Chimchar. I generally always choose the fire starter (except gen 3 cuz I never really liked Blaziken) since generally fire pokes are harder to find or you can't get them until later on in your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.