• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter did you choose?

What starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 125 36.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 99 28.9%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
In D/P Fire types were rare! Infernape or Rapidash... no thoughts there. I take my gameplays in turns, so I use all the starters equally. Currently I've been using Infernape.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
For me, Empoleon is the only choice

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I chose Turtwig when I first played Diamond. It's so cute :3

Turtwig. Chimchar is ok, and Piplup? *shivers*

~Darkfire~

Quite funny at times
I chose Chimchar. He was the coolest looking, to me, and he was a fire type, which is the type I usually start with. (Excluding the fifth gen)

Torpoleon

I'm a huge fan of all them, but I mainly used Piplup. Actually, they were all used an even amount.

Diamond: Torterra & Infernape (obviously Infernape was traded)
Pearl: Empoleon
Platinum: Empoleon, Infernape & Torterra

Easily my favorite group of starters.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I picked Turtwig :p

Torrterra is a beast, but I dumped it after I caught my Gible because I liked having Garchomp more than Torterra.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Chimchar and Piplup. I'm actually a fan of both of their final evos, and didn't really want to have to choose between them. Though I think I favor Infernape a little more.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
Chimchar/Infernape. You know, the one that doesn't take hits very well. Kinda wish I went for Piplup

Arlo

...and so on...
First time through, on Diamond, I chose Piplup. I tend to like waters anyway, and water/steel is a great typing. I was sort of disappointed though when I found that that meant that Dawn ended up with Chimchar, since... you know... Dawn has a Piplup. So when I later played Platinum, I went with Turtwig so that Dawn would have her Piplup. And Torterra is pretty awesome too. Then, finally, I recently picked up a copy of Pearl, so I'm playing that through with a Chimchar, who's now an Infernape and just demolished the Snowpoint gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.