• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter did you choose?

What starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 125 36.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 99 28.9%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezek

Your average freak
I choose piplup but i never use the starters anyway

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
Turtwig is the one I picked and I am very glad I picked him.

Wartusk

Blaziken FTW!!!
I picked Chimchar first, but I restarted later with Piplup.

Nana

I picked Piplup because a) it was the cutest and b) it would grow up to be a Pokémon that referenced Napoleon.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Turtwig was great once it evolved into Torterra and it has max S.def IVs. I evolved it before facing Crasher wake so I could teach it Wood Hamer to beat Wake. Earthquake at Lv 32 was a great surprise.

When I new gamed I tried Infernape but it always lacked defense and rarely survived a hit. It did take down at least half of every team I used it againest.

Randomness

He is already here.
I picked a Turtwig because I had a pet turtle at the time.
I didn't like Chimchar because my friend said it looked like there was a pile of poop on its head.
I didn't like Piplup because the anime made it look like a spoiled show-off.

I remember... it was my very first Pokemon game that I actually owned... the funny thing was, I completely ditched my Grotle at level 20 or so in favor of my Staraptor, which I thought looked really cool.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I chose Chimchar. Because of my tradition of (usually) picking fire types as my starter and he's the strongest in my opinion. I tried all three of them but Chimchar was definitely the best for me.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
over all 3, i like piplup the most. the other two just didnt really catch my interest.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
In my first playthrough, I chose Naetle, because I really liked Dodaitose's design and I love tortoises and turtles.
In other playthroughs I used the other two and both are awesome. I still have an awesome Nasty Plot Goukazaru.

And Emperte have a badass design.

Status
Not open for further replies.