1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What starter to choose

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by encerchris, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

Hey there!

I am doing a Fire Red let's play and i want to ask you guys: Wich starter should i choose?
    Charmender,Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
    Please react on the video if you have a youtube account, but you can also react here if you want

Link: -LINK REMOVED-

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

In my opinion, Squirtle. Really defensive, and can deal good damage. Though Bulbasaur works if you want to knock out Brock and Misty quickly, but I still say Squirtle
    Also, fix your sound, I can't hear you

3. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

i will try to fix my sound, and thanks for letting me know about squirtle, i will look tommorow how many times other pokemon are suggested, and the one with the most suggestions will be chosen!
    Squirtle:1
    Bulbasaur:0
    Charmender:0

4. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

some more suggestions?

5. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Charmander, to make the first two Gyms more challenging.

6. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

bulbasaur: 0
    charmander: 1
    squirtle: 1

7. Champbybirth

Champbybirth Pokechamp is back!

charmander. For first gyms its troublesome but very useful afterwards...

8. TanBun

TanBun I'm back :3

Squirtle. It's badass. And it's a turtle

9. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

bulbasaur: 0
    charmander: 2
    squirlte: 2

10. blisseytank

blisseytank Member

Charmander,
    Look at charizard ;)

11. encerchris

encerchris Epic Spriter

charmander: 3
    squirtle: 2
    bulbasaur: 0 (he doesn't get love?)

12. deh74

deh74 Seine Majestät

Gosh, fits nobody love my previous bulbasaur?

13. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known Member

Okay. So you want a starter.......
    The best starter to choose is squirtle. Because a water type like squirtle can defeat most of the gym leaders and elite 4 members easily. But it should have very good and balanced moves.
    The next choice is charmander. Well thats a cool looking pokemon. And when it evolves charizard it would be very useful. It can even learn dragon type moves. But it would be a challenging one.
    If you want more challenge, pick bulbasaur. Because its very tough to win against the gym leaders and elite4 members using a grass type like it.

I prefer to take charmander as starter. But its your choice. Do what you like is better. Choose your best starter. And good luck on your journey. Cuz you have a long way to go.

14. MaliceForAlice

MaliceForAlice New Member

I personally would say Charmander. He was my original starter way back in the day. In all honesty, I do like the challenge the first gyms bring to training and fighting, though. I've raised many Charmanders and it's always worked out great for me.

15. deh74

deh74 Seine Majestät

I will never forget the time that I solo Blaine's gym with my Venusaur, choose bulbasaur he's wonderful. Squirtle is Adlai good, I never personally liked charizard however.

16. Lanik

Lanik Well-Known Member

Take Bulbasaur. You'd have a sub-seeder before you even go to Victory Road. The substitute move tutor is at Fuschia City. Sleep Powder and Leech Seed are an excellent combo.

17. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

Pick whatever floats your boat. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

18. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

Don't pick charmander. Just don't
    I would take bulbasaur just for personal preference (and its awesomeness)
    but they all are on equal standing.
    Except charmander

19. Ringworm128

Ringworm128 Gen 3 and 4 fanatic.

I don't think it really matters, no mater what you choose you will come across a Pokemon your starter will have trouble against.

20. bro

bro Cool story bro

I usually pick Squirtle or Bulbasaur. I think I chose Charmander once and it sucked haha. ;080;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.