• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpecialAcez

Cool X Dangerous
For both Diamond and Platinum, I chose Turtwig as my starter. I easily won against my Rival's Infernape using Earthquake. During the double battle at Spear Pillar against Team Galatic, I'd always use Giga Drain on my rival's munchlax to restore health.

Alloute

Not Banned
Just to update you all, I chose Chimchar.

I have to say, since the nature was wrong, it took a long time to get the stats right, or are all Chimchar difficult?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I chose Turtwig but only used him until the Eterna Gym at which point I promptly ditched it for Torchic and five other Pokemon I had EV trained for Platinum.

Baks

I choose Chimchar, fire type starters rule. XP

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
I've always chosen water type starters to counter the common fire type starters my friends always chose, so Piplup. Also Empoleons typing is awesome.

Riversong

Buggy down.
I chose Turtwig on my Platinum, but shortly after it evolved I dumped it in the PC. That was the first time I actually went through a game w/o my starter being on my team.

LiteBlue-

Master of the Ground
Piplup. I like blue pokemon, then I'll transfer over Nidoqueen and go from there.

I chose Piplup because i chose turtwig in Diamond. I still prefer Turtwig and it's evolutions but empoleon came in useful against Giratina, All of it's moves were "not very effective" against emploeon's steel water pairing =D

Apart from that it was pretty mediocre for a starter. Now it has ice beam and it's better =]

I'll NEVER choose Chimchar ugh i hate it and it's evolutions so much. I know it's a very decent battling pokemon i just don't like it atall.

Mrpuc

Shocked!
piplup all the way, plus i can just trade over my infernape later. XD

I picked Piplup, since I can always depend on Water starters. The Steel-type helps Empoleon out a lot. Only problem facing my rival now is that my Empoleon isn't fast enough to avoid an Earthquake K.O. Nothing a little training won't fix. Heck, I could just get the other starters off the GTS.

abraxas

Words.
I went with Turtwig, but soon I'm going to restart it, and play through with a team caught in game, rather than how I did the first time, sending over eggs. When I do so, I believe Chimchar will be what I go with, as I've only used it once, and a good fire type early on would be nice for a change.

Vanity

In Platinum i choosed Piplup,at Pearl Chimcar .My opinion is that Infernape is very powerfull;107;;107;;107;

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Well, as planned, I used Turtwig as my starter for Platinum. It's a shiny Torterra now. :D

If I ever get another Platinum, I'll use Piplup. It's the only starter I've never used from beginning to end ("end" being the Elite 4). Of course, I'll have to soft reset for a shiny Piplup.

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
I'm heading for Turtwig in Platinum when I get it although I went Piplup in Diamond. Thing is Diamond was the first game where I didn't use my starter in my final team.

teetee99

Pokemon master
I going to say turtwig beacause when it evolves into torrtera I will be able to ride on its back when were travling.