• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smartie

I picked Turtwig. I picked chimchar on diamond and my first Pearl, but I hate Piplup. So Turtwig now :D .

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I prefer Chimchar but chose Turtwig
I ditched it for a Eevee

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I chose Chimchar because I've already got the other 3 on my D/P games and since I only picked chimchar the first time I played it was the lucky fire-butt monkye's turn again.

Giggs

My favorite is Turtwig. He makes the beginning of the game much easier, plus he learns my favorite move, "earthquake". His final form is also better looking (in my opinion) than that of Infernape. And since fire type is my favorite, It's weird not choosing Infernape. I just don't like him.

As far as Piplup, I never choose water pokemon in the beginning. It's my least favorite type.

darkrai_rulz

Dark Type Trainer
Piplup because of the xtreme typing with Empoleon

I am probably going to pick Turtwig again. Not only do I live him, but even though I totally loathe Grotle, I love Torterra. Even though I was thinking of choosing Chimchar for a change, and because of Infernape's speed, Infernape is butt ugly so naah.... Piplup is a big no because not only is Empoleon butt ugly aswell, the animé has made me hate Piplup aswell. You guys may thing Torterra is ugly, but not me. I think he is kinda cute ^.^

EDIT: YES! My second rank up in a week! I am very proud :p

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
Turtwig because Grass Starters are the best to me

I chose turtwig named him twigs

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
I am getting Platinum in about 2 weeks and I will start with a Turtwig and name it either Terra or Stompy. I am choosing him because of his typeage, moves and stats.

mockingjay

swift and lol
Piplup on Diamond and Turtwig on Platinum. I have never chose Chimchar before, so...

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
In all my versions, I always picked Chimchar ^_^. I like ze monkey more than the penguin and the turtle.

TomChomp

Piplup!
Empoleon has a good combination of Steel and Water.

But There are not any other good grass-type Pokémon than Torterra, apart from roserade.